Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

BW Webb, MJ, Spencer, Coaching and Romo Video

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matts4313

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: BW Webb, MJ, Spencer, Coaching and Romo Video Reply with quote

Quote:
B.W. has been learning quite a bit from former Grand Valley State corner and current Cowboy Brandon Carr.

“Brandon Carr is like my mentor now,” said Webb, speaking at Carr’s celebrity softball game to benefit stopping domestic abuse on Saturday. “He helps me out with techniques, plays, all that. It’s helping out a lot.”

http://nfldraftzone.com/draft-news/dallas-cowboys-cornerback-b-w-webb-is-a-superstar-in-the-making/

Quote:
As it turns out, Bryant actually downplayed Michael Jordan's role in demonstrating professionalism. Bryant's longtime mentor David Wells revealed that Jordan and the once-troubled wide receiver talk by phone twice a week and regularly exchange text messages. Los Angeles Clippers point guard Chris Paul has also taken Bryant under his wing.

"They almost treat him like a little brother," Wells told FOXSportsSouthwest.com. "Dez started listening to older people instead of the young guys. Those guys are both married and have stable lives. And that's something Dez craves."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000213437/article/michael-jordan-mentoring-dallas-cowboys-dez-bryant

Quote:
The Cowboys backup quarterbacks looked shaky in the offseason with Tony Romo out. Kyle Orton, Nick Stephens and Dalton Williams missed open receivers too many times. The Cowboys are expected to go with just two quarterbacks in the regular season, but if something happens to Romo, you should worry about Orton. Maybe a lack of snaps, or the heat, got to him but his timing was off. The last time he got extensive snaps was in the loss to Chicago last season where he completed nine-of-10 passes for 89 yards and a touchdown. After watching this offseason display, the Cowboys need to draft a quarterback.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4709704/cowboys-random-thoughts-7

Quote:
Anthony Spencer watched Kyle Wilber fill in for him at defensive end in the OTAs and mini-camp, and he said Wilber showed instinct for the position.

“He’s quick off the ball,” Spencer said of the second-year player, drafted in 2012 as an outside linebacker but moved to defensive end in the switch to the 4-3. “He’s just got to trust in himself to get off the ball and doing that every play. Just his get-off alone makes up for a lot of his type of size, playing in the trenches. That’s what he’s definitely working on right now.”
Spencer, speaking at the mini-camp last week at Valley Ranch, said Wilber held his own against tackles Tyron Smith and Doug Free in the practices. It reminded Spencer of his days as a young edge rusher going against former Cowboys tackle Flozell Adams.

http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.com/cowboys/2013/06/spencer-takes-hands-on-approach-with-wilber-in-spring-says-2012-pick-showed-instinct-for-defensive-e.html

Quote:
IRVING, Texas -- With two snaps left in the one-on-one passing drills during last week's minicamp, Jason Garrett wanted to make sure the entire roster was watching.

The Dallas Cowboys head coach called Sean Lee to go against Lance Dunbar, and the linebacker stuffed the running back on a route to force an incompletion. Next up was Dez Bryant vs. Morris Claiborne -- the club's No. 1 pick in the 2010 draft against the No. 1 pick of the 2012 draft.

Bryant easily slipped inside Claiborne on a slant and scored a touchdown.
It was only a June minicamp practice, being run without pads, but Garrett made it feel more important.

"When you have something on the line," Garrett said, "it typically ups the ante and everybody responds the right way to it."

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9396827/dallas-cowboys-promoting-competition-one-one-battles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1U-vUKgYlIM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like that Brandon Carr is a great mentor kind of guy. I remember him helping Claiborne out a lot as well. Having a player of the caliber Carr who really gets involved in helping the younger CB's, should really be something that can ease their transition to the NFL.

I'm looking forward to see Wilber play DE a lot!
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's interesting that Garrett picked Dunbar to test Lee for one of his focus plays.
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to see Dez's maturation. Considering where he came from, I hope he continues to stay out of trouble and keep his life in order for his benefit and for the sake of his two sons.

^^^mack
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Gently wrote:
I think it's interesting that Garrett picked Dunbar to test Lee for one of his focus plays.

Does he have another healthy RB to pick? I'm glad we got Randle, but I would have loved if we got Zac Stacy. Besides the fact that I think he will be the offensive rookie of the year, they could show his mom on the jumbo tron, and play "Stacy's mom has got it going on".
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Stacy, myself, but I never thought about the Fountains of Wayne connection.

But he could've iso'd one of the TEs on Lee or even a slot receiver.

Had been hearing things about how good Dunbar is in routes and the fact that he was chosen to test Lee was telling, IMO.
PincheJimmy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A QB needs to be drafted in the 1st or 2nd rd next season and let him sit 1 season and prepare him to take over in 2015 Smile
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/6/21/4453350/dallas-cowboys-sign-2nd-round-pick-gavin-escobar

And then there was 1.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: