Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Aint Ravens Talk: All off topic conversation goes here!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
49ersfan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably going to Baltimore for half a day, maybe a full day, 2 weekends from now. Mainly spending time in DC but another friend is coming to BAL for a conference so i'll link up. Can't see everything in the city in such a short time, but whats the best thing i should see in that timeframe? And what are some good restaurants? I'll probably only get a chance to go to 1, maybe 2. My friend said Baltimore has some great crabcakes.

I visited Baltimore in 1999 or 2000, can't remember the exact year, and caught an Orioles game on a short field-trip (interesting side-note; one of my fellow students in that field trip was the Ravens very own Ray Rice), but its been an eternity since I've been.
-Not taking this off until the 49ers win #6
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ersfan wrote:
I'm probably going to Baltimore for half a day, maybe a full day, 2 weekends from now. Mainly spending time in DC but another friend is coming to BAL for a conference so i'll link up. Can't see everything in the city in such a short time, but whats the best thing i should see in that timeframe? And what are some good restaurants? I'll probably only get a chance to go to 1, maybe 2. My friend said Baltimore has some great crabcakes.

I visited Baltimore in 1999 or 2000, can't remember the exact year, and caught an Orioles game on a short field-trip (interesting side-note; one of my fellow students in that field trip was the Ravens very own Ray Rice), but its been an eternity since I've been.

If you're only there for a short time, I definitely recommend just spending the day at the Inner Harbor. Lots of restaurants there, you have the Science Center, National Aquarium, all the shops, etc.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
49ersfan wrote:

If you're only there for a short time, I definitely recommend just spending the day at the Inner Harbor. Lots of restaurants there, you have the Science Center, National Aquarium, all the shops, etc.

I definitely agree. Especially if you're fortunate enough to get a sunny day. The Harbor is such a nice place during the day and there is so much to do there. There are also tons of places to eat within walking distance that cover any price range and type of food

GO RAVENS!!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL, saw a friend share this on Facebook.. If true, it's hilarious...

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anquan-boldin-keeps-bringing-up-super-bowl-to-49ers-during-otas/

Quote:

Boldin, to his new teammates: “Everyone in this locker room who’s won a Super Bowl say ‘Aye.’ Hmm. Sure is quiet in here.”

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

http://profootballmock.com/ex-raven-anquan-boldin-keeps-bringing-up-super-bowl-to-49ers-during-otas/

Quote:

Boldin, to his new teammates: “Everyone in this locker room who’s won a Super Bowl say ‘Aye.’ Hmm. Sure is quiet in here.”

They're going to hate him lol!

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:

Quote:

I'm guessing from the name of the website that Boldin did not actually say this and that the article is just a joke. A funny joke, but still just a joke nonetheless. Laughing

Edit - Read the article, its not just funny... its hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys inspired my current sig.

if you see the Tulo one, refresh

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm getting close to being hired by Baltimore PD.

Where do you guys think is one of the better places to live in the Baltimore area? I'd prefer in the city, or right outside of it. Safety matters but not much really, obviously affordability is a key factor as well. Thanks guys! I look forward to doing stadium duty for Ravens games Laughing
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Where do you guys think is one of the better places to live in the Baltimore area? I'd prefer in the city, or right outside of it. Safety matters but not much really, obviously affordability is a key factor as well. Thanks guys! I look forward to doing stadium duty for Ravens games Laughing

When you say Baltimore PD, you mean the county or of the city? Cause if it's the city, I'd personally recommend trying to find a place in Catonsville. Nice little town right outside of the city, and only like like 5-10 minutes away from downtown.

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sorry I meant City, not county. Thanks for the advice!
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Personally, I don't like city living much unless you plan to be a big bar-scene kind of person. If that's up your alley, you want to look in Fells Point, Federal Hill or Canton.

Outside of the city, there are a few options within 15 minutes of downtown: Catonsville, Linthicum, Arbutus, Towson, Parkville, Owings Mills, and Essex. I'm most familiar with Towson/Parkville area as that's where I live. Owings Mills isn't bad (I lived there in college) but places can be rather expensive (I honestly don't know why considering the area). Catonsville/Arbututs/Linthicum are nice because they are convenient to the airport too. Essex is ok, probably towards the cheaper end of the places in terms of house/apartment values.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Personally, I don't like city living much unless you plan to be a big bar-scene kind of person. If that's up your alley, you want to look in Fells Point, Federal Hill or Canton.

Outside of the city, there are a few options within 15 minutes of downtown: Catonsville, Linthicum, Arbutus, Towson, Parkville, Owings Mills, and Essex. I'm most familiar with Towson/Parkville area as that's where I live. Owings Mills isn't bad (I lived there in college) but places can be rather expensive (I honestly don't know why considering the area). Catonsville/Arbututs/Linthicum are nice because they are convenient to the airport too. Essex is ok, probably towards the cheaper end of the places in terms of house/apartment values.

This is excellent. Thank you. I used to be a big bar scene type of guy, but I'm kind of past that, although I do enjoy going out every now and then (still only 21). I really don't have a preference though. I'm used to the city so it doesn't matter if I live in it or outside of it. Whatever I find, really.
Gambit Jango

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone interested in drafting their own fictional cast and story for a movie?

Come check out the "Make a Movie Draft".
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=525104

If we've done 21 of them, its probably decent.

"He brought his doom on himself with his treason but I did love him, Davos. I know that now. I swear, I will go to my grave thinking of my brother’s peach.”
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats up guys, im having a current players draft in the gm mocks thread...

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16414372#16414372

if you guys want in you can

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always knew Aaron Wilson doesn't look like his twitter photo, now I'm sure.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/videogallery/76785292/Ravens-report-with-Aaron-Wilson-[Video
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 23 of 30

Jump to: