Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

John Fox - 2 Years Later

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boondock

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 am    Post subject: John Fox - 2 Years Later Reply with quote

This offseason marks 2 years since John Fox was not brought back as the Panthers coach.

Since then we have seen Rivera as coach, the fall of Hurney, and the rise of Fox in Denver.

With all that taken into account, what's your opinion of Fox now? Has your opinion changed? Was he a victim of Hurney's poor team management or is he the benefactor of a solid front office in Denver?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rise of Fox in Denver or resurgence of Peyton Manning playing with a solid group around him? I don't think Fox has as much to do with that situation as the team is just simply being good. Seriously, Tim Tebow got them to the playoffs...if you can get to the playoffs without a QB, the team is just good around him and now they throw Manning into that spot. Fox didn't have to do anything...

Fox is a good coach when he has good players. He was never good at making players good like many other coaches around the league.

Still glad Hurney and Fox are gone.

Sig by Me
Zithers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

john elway seems to know what he's doing.

peyton manning runs his own offense so its not like there's ton of room to screw things up.

fox was a good coach for a long time but his ship had sailed. wasn't able to develop a young team. hurney kept missing in late rounds. we needed some new faces.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Fox as a defensive coordinator, but as a head coach I just don't feel like he has IT. I mean really, his job in Denver right now is pretty much a figure head coach.. Elway is running the show upstairs, and Peyton Manning pretty much runs the offense. The DC runs the defense...

The one decision that was clearly Fox's from last year that stands out a lot, was that questionable decision to take a knee at the end of the 1st half in the game that Denver ended up losing.... He says he'd do it again but we all know that it was a bone head move when you have Peyton Manning as your QB.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Including the bad angle and missed interception from Rahim Moore, John Fox made a blunder in that game against the Ravens last year. He had Peyton Manning, 35 seconds and a timeout and chose to kneel? Too conservative and he always has been. My opinion of John Fox was always low. No ba---!
Panthers11

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Fox is a good football coach. I don't want him though, hate his style.
With that said, he is a far superior coach than Ron Rivera.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
shaX 07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:

While sad, I too believe this is true.. Rivera just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach... Perhaps he will prove us wrong this year but I doubt it... We have a brutal schedule and are missing some key pieces on this team...

I see us winning 6 or 7 games at most, Rivera getting fired and then Gettleman bringing in his own head coach.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

While sad, I too believe this is true.. Rivera just doesn't have what it takes to be a head coach... Perhaps he will prove us wrong this year but I doubt it... We have a brutal schedule and are missing some key pieces on this team...

I see us winning 6 or 7 games at most, Rivera getting fired and then Gettleman bringing in his own head coach.
I pray to sweet baby Jesus above that it is NOT a college coach! I hope it is Bill Cowher or John Gruden.
Panthers11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

He should have brought in his own head coach this year, in my opinion.

The HORNETS are back. Yes We Cam. Giancarlo <3.
CarolinaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panthers11 wrote:
shaX 07 wrote:
Panthers11 wrote:

He should have brought in his own head coach this year, in my opinion.

The only wildcard to bringing in a new coach so soon is Cam Newton's learning curve. Switching coaches with a young QB could hinder growth so you need to be absolutely certain that the coach isn't going to function well before moving on to another guy.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Rivera because I have my doubts too, I just don't want to screw up the development of Cam Newton. Good QB play can make a head coach look good so if Newton develops well with this offense and has a lot of success in his 3rd year...maybe you stick with Rivera a bit longer. Year three is probably make or break for me, so we'll see. If coaching is an issue again this year, I'd consider jumping on a 'Fire Rivera' bandwagon, but not yet, especially with the team being less than ideal for success having issues on OL, WR, and the secondary. You need a really great football mind to win with issues like we have and the young guys we have, there are no guarantees that we'd hire somebody that can turn that around overnight. Does Bill Belichick have a brother?

Sig by Me
89 06 MVP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To honest Hurney & Fox was one in the same...I'm glad to see him gone & His approach of not playing young players. I think we will see the real Fox once Manning is done & Fox is faced with the decision of bring in the next Qb & making more roster moves .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Carolina Panthers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: