Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Titans sign former Chiefs, Rams OL Barry Richardson

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Titans sign former Chiefs, Rams OL Barry Richardson Reply with quote

Quote:
Titans agreed to terms with OT Barry Richardson, a 16-game starter with the Rams last season.

http://twitter.com/NFL_ATL/statuses/347445595218264064

He started every game the past 3 seasons.
Tom Brady Tribute
TwoToneBlue

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm worried this is about the health of Stewart and Roos.

Adopt-A-Titan:
1) Dexter McCluster RB/WR -- 9 CAR 29 YDS, 1 REC 17 YDS
2) Sammie Hill NT -- 2 TCK 1 SCK
DannyWallace

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

I'm hoping it's just insurance because of what happened to our line down the stretch and we want to be as prepared as possible just in case. On the other hand, I can't help but think that Richardson would never sign here after being a legitimate 16 game starter for the past 3 seasons if he wasn't told he'd have a chance to come in and play. Let's hope there's nothing more to this than upgrading the depth.
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TwoToneBlue wrote:

Ditto. I don't mind the player, but don't like what the signing may imply.

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
Dionysus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Or it could just be a case of them still improving our depth. Remember, they're not letting anybody relax whether they're a starter or a depth player. They want to keep the competition at all positions strong so there won't be any severe drop-off in talent or production if/when the starter goes down. Great strategy if that's the case. Cool
titanrick

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

Or it could just be a case of them still improving our depth. Remember, they're not letting anybody relax whether they're a starter or a depth player. They want to keep the competition at all positions strong so there won't be any severe drop-off in talent or production if/when the starter goes down. Great strategy if that's the case. Cool

I'm sure the FO looks at it that way. But if this dude is a starter, then he wouldn't have signed here unless they could convince him he had a legit chance of starting here. So how did they do that? Or does this guy suck so bad that he decided to voluntarily take a job where he's got two of the best tackles in the league in front of him?

Before I got married I had six theories about bringing up children; now I have six children and no theories. - John Wilmot
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

I'm sure the FO looks at it that way. But if this dude is a starter, then he wouldn't have signed here unless they could convince him he had a legit chance of starting here. So how did they do that? Or does this guy suck so bad that he decided to voluntarily take a job where he's got two of the best tackles in the league in front of him?

I'm leaning towards the bad player aspect, or at least not being a very good one. He wouldn't have been on the market this long if teams felt he could be a good starting tackle.
Dionysus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanrick wrote:
Dionysus wrote:
titanrick wrote:
TwoToneBlue wrote:

You raised a pretty interesting question that I couldn't overlook. I was hoping it was the first scenario because we weren't sure about our OTs coming off their injuries and all. But, I did a little digging. Based on the few comments that I read from Chief fans, he's really nothing to write home about. Someone did say that he's a good run blocker, but his pass protection leaves much to be desired, to say the least. They said he'd make a better OG than an OT because he tends to struggle on the edges. My guess is he'll have a chance to compete with our backup OTs for a starting spot if Roos and Stewart are still working their way back. I guess we'll just have to stay tuned for the next episode of, "All My Titans".

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: