Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dolphins claims former Bears TE/FB Evan Rodriguez
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SUG

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fender wrote:
SUG wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
With the name 'Rodriguez', you know Stephen Ross is excited to have that demographic play on board. He's been trying to attract Latina fans since he took over the team- Remember who he brought along with him?

Realistically, he'll make the team. He's a talented player that's versatile.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you whom of the 5 candidates gets cut if my life depended on it.

* Keller is coming back from a major injury and if resigned would cost alot.
* Egnew is a freak of an athlete whom struggled with fundamental blocking.
* Rodriguez is a bit undersized & comes with baggage.
* Sims is rookie up against 4 Vets/Semi Vets
* Clay (have no clue) as I haven't seen him make a handful of catches when rarely on the field.

An educated guess tells me that the best 2 "All Around guys" will stay & #3 will have to platoon as
a back up blocking FB/STs player.

But I've been wrong before, what I do know is what I've been saying since last yr during this time...
"The West Coast System places a much higher value on pass catching TEs than a conventional
Power Running team".

I am thrilled that we are employing a highest level of competition at TE I've ever seen in 40 yrs of being a Phin Fan. I fully expect to see a significant improvement at the position.

sug

The level of competition is high because they are all equally mediocre. In the past we've had somewhat-of stand-outs, IE Keith Jackson, Ferrell Edmunds, Randy McMichael...

C'mon man ... Keller mediocre, please !
With a crapass QB, within a mediocre passing scheme he consistently found ways to torch a
top 6 Deff in Mia.

As for the rest, I am relying on College & Combine footage in conjunction with what the media is
reporting at camp. The reports I've read daily are positive.

Be resonable
sug
Fender

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
Fender wrote:
SUG wrote:
Conquest8089 wrote:
With the name 'Rodriguez', you know Stephen Ross is excited to have that demographic play on board. He's been trying to attract Latina fans since he took over the team- Remember who he brought along with him?

Realistically, he'll make the team. He's a talented player that's versatile.

Honestly, I couldn't tell you whom of the 5 candidates gets cut if my life depended on it.

* Keller is coming back from a major injury and if resigned would cost alot.
* Egnew is a freak of an athlete whom struggled with fundamental blocking.
* Rodriguez is a bit undersized & comes with baggage.
* Sims is rookie up against 4 Vets/Semi Vets
* Clay (have no clue) as I haven't seen him make a handful of catches when rarely on the field.

An educated guess tells me that the best 2 "All Around guys" will stay & #3 will have to platoon as
a back up blocking FB/STs player.

But I've been wrong before, what I do know is what I've been saying since last yr during this time...
"The West Coast System places a much higher value on pass catching TEs than a conventional
Power Running team".

I am thrilled that we are employing a highest level of competition at TE I've ever seen in 40 yrs of being a Phin Fan. I fully expect to see a significant improvement at the position.

sug

The level of competition is high because they are all equally mediocre. In the past we've had somewhat-of stand-outs, IE Keith Jackson, Ferrell Edmunds, Randy McMichael...

C'mon man ... Keller mediocre, please !
With a crapass QB, within a mediocre passing scheme he consistently found ways to torch a
top 6 Deff in Mia.

As for the rest, I am relying on College & Combine footage in conjunction with what the media is
reporting at camp. The reports I've read daily are positive.

Be resonable
sug

Fair enough, but I think its also reasonable to say that almost every tight-end has had their way with us the past few years, and reasonable to say a good portion of Keller's games have come from playing our defense. But I believe Keller is the only real TE we have at this point - thats not to say im not intrigued by the prospects, but I put very little stock in potential these days.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with BMack in that aside from the likelyhood of Keller being "top dog" I cant remember that we ever
had 4 TEs - signed & in camp competing for 2 available positions .

were seeing the begining of a drastic change in Mia Off phylosophy.
I'm loving Philbin/Sherman & the WC Off especially when your HC goes on camera & ackowleges that
"it's hard to win consistetly every Sun only scoring 17 pts" ...

sug

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: