Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2016 Dallas Cowboys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: 2016 Dallas Cowboys Reply with quote

ESPN.com analysts just recently did a potential future rankings based on the current roster, obviously they can't predict draft picks 3 years out. They based these rankings on 5 categories-
(1) Roster (under contract or assumed to be resigned) as of 2016, mostly the players under 27 years old currently.
(2) Projected Franchise Quarterback.
(3) The strength of the team's 2013 draft picks and their currently available future draft picks.
(4) The reputation and performance of the front office.
(5) The coaching staff

(Here's the link if any of you are ESPN insiders - http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9387680/nfl-future-power-rankings-projecting-every-franchise-entering-2016-season )

Anyway, so according to the analysts, the Cowboys scored:
Roster: 5.8
QB : 6.5
Draft : 4.5
Front Office : 4.6
Coaching : 4.5

This put us ranked 24th overall. So I was wondering what you guys thought about this, if you agree, disagree.
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2016 is so far out I could care less.

There is entirely too much that can happen to a franchise in 3 years.

ESPN must have needed something to burn up space.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
2016 is so far out I could care less.

There is entirely too much that can happen to a franchise in 3 years.

ESPN must have needed something to burn up space.

This is exactly how I feel.

It's a really slow period in the NFL, so writers need to cause whatever chaos they can to get readers.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will say these things:

I think our drafts have been markedly better the last four years. I think there's circumstantial evidence that this has been due to Will McClay and Jason Garrett.

I love our young talent, particularly on defense. I also think our LB corps is absolutely ideal for the new scheme.

I think Garrett will be a much more effective game manager without being the game time play caller.

I do not know what will become of Romo, Ware, and Witten in three years time, but Witten's replacement is probably on the team, Witten's game is such that he could still be quite effective at 34, Romo may well be able to play at 36, and next year would be a very good year to draft Ware's replacement, or so I hear.

How that all compares to the rest of the NFL, I really don't know, but I am perfectly happy with where we are and where we're headed.
DreamEater53

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the weird time of football season where there's not much to talk about, so I figured I'd try to bring up a topic lol.

I agree with you DG. I think we were ranked way too low in the draft dept, but I'm sure its homer feelings lol.
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the summer, I get home at 4 EST. Usually NFL Live is on, then NFL32 on ESPN2. Nothing else to watch, but I laugh, because I see they have the Cowboys in their list, and anticipate some actual news. Everytime its either about Romo or Jerry. It would be terrible if in the 2 hours they actually reported on what was going on in OTA's. I guess that doesn't create controversy, though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: