Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What do we really know about Greg Olsen?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nuke

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing that kills me is Norv was available and even wanted to come here when we made this hire. One of the best OC of all time and we passed for this guy.

We're in a no win situation too. If Norv does better (and he will) we shot ourselves in the foot by passing on him. If he does better than Norv then he'll get hired as a HC somewhere.
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke wrote:
The thing that kills me is Norv was available and even wanted to come here when we made this hire. One of the best OC of all time and we passed for this guy.

We're in a no win situation too. If Norv does better (and he will) we shot ourselves in the foot by passing on him. If he does better than Norv then he'll get hired as a HC somewhere.

He's with the browns, he has a RB and a LT. After that it's all downhill from there. If the Browns offense is better than ours this season is a complete fail.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bitty wrote:

You mean until Peyton got hurt.

+1

Haha Fortune has shined on Kubiak definitely.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke wrote:

Norv turned the Raiders down flat out.

Quote:
Olson interviewed with the Raiders along with Marc Trestman and Mike Martz. Reggie McKenzie also said they asked Norv Turner about his interest in the job and he turned it down, opting to take the same position with the Browns. The Bears eventually hired Trestman as their head coach. That left just Martz and Olson and since neither had been offered the job as of last week, the thinking was they would continue seeking interviews.

Quote:
#Raiders McKenzie says he talked to Norv Turner about OC spot early in process, but Norv said he was not interested (per Paul Gutierrez twitter)

https://mobile.twitter.com/PGutierrezCSN/status/292026954054524930
dawsonleery

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its disappointing if Martz and Olson were the only true options for the Raiders. Dennis Allen pretty much put his job on the line with this Olson hire. I can't see him surviving another 4-12 season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: