Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

General Season Discussion: Please Post in New Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 129, 130, 131  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
Second-year WR Brian Quick ended OTAs as the Rams' No. 4 receiver, behind Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Austin Pettis.
Pettis spent the spring as the starting X receiver. Givens is the Z, and Austin will start in the slot. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch insists Quick's offseason was not necessarily a disappointment, "it's just that Pettis has been that impressive." Assured OC Brian Schottenheimer, "(Quick’s) doing a lot better. He’s stepped up this year. He’s just much more comfortable." Quick is competing directly with Pettis, who is an underwhelming possession receiver despite his big spring. The battle at X receiver will rage on into August.

St. Louis Dispatch

That's disappointing to hear. I still think that when the pads go on Quick will distinguish himself from Pettis.

Kinda makes me sad because I'm a huge fan of Stedman Bailey.. I wonder how he's doing with everything.

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:
Second-year WR Brian Quick ended OTAs as the Rams' No. 4 receiver, behind Tavon Austin, Chris Givens, and Austin Pettis.
Pettis spent the spring as the starting X receiver. Givens is the Z, and Austin will start in the slot. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch insists Quick's offseason was not necessarily a disappointment, "it's just that Pettis has been that impressive." Assured OC Brian Schottenheimer, "(Quick’s) doing a lot better. He’s stepped up this year. He’s just much more comfortable." Quick is competing directly with Pettis, who is an underwhelming possession receiver despite his big spring. The battle at X receiver will rage on into August.

St. Louis Dispatch

That's disappointing to hear. I still think that when the pads go on Quick will distinguish himself from Pettis.

Kinda makes me sad because I'm a huge fan of Stedman Bailey.. I wonder how he's doing with everything.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Bailey going into the draft, and nothing has changed that. He should be a nice piece, if we are fortunate. Being small in stature is difficult to overcome in the NFL.

That being said, it's way too early to read into anything.

Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEE RAWL wrote:
Quote:

St. Louis Dispatch
Its OTAs, to seriously take anything out of these is a mistake. Anything said by coaches (which includes depth charts) right now is nothing more than motivational tools. Wehn we actually get a week into camp then we can start to have these conversations.
chris00cm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One example why OTA's don't matter?

At this time last year LeGarrette Blount was the "#1" RB for the Bucs... Yeah that guy. Please don't put any stock into this guys.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
rAmFan39

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I agree it is nothing to worry about I still cry every time I think about how we passed on Alshon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see nothing wrong with the competition between Pettis, and Quick because when Quick dose come around it just goes to show how deep we are at receivers
BamaRam

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OTA reports had Brandon Gibson as a #1 receiver and future hall-of-famer every year. I like Pettis, but he is what he is- a decent #4 receiver. A guy as quick as Pettis is going to look a lot better in shorts and no coverage than a guy like Quick- who should shine beating the press and hitting the seams, but just looks slow and lumbering in shorts.
keepnitgangsta1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rAmFan39 wrote:
While I agree it is nothing to worry about I still cry every time I think about how we passed on Alshon.

Me too.

As for Stedman, I wasn't a huge fan of the pick either but it is somewhat unfair to expect huge #s from him right away anyways.

My NFL Draft Thread
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Patriots start the year without Gronk and Hernandez, then Brady will have a very comparable WR group as Bradford did the year before last. Meaning, Amendola, and not much else. It's strange to think that little practice squad Danny will once again be the primary pass catcher on an NFL team.

It will be interesting to compare how Brady and Bradford's production compare.

chris00cm

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
If the Patriots start the year without Gronk and Hernandez, then Brady will have a very comparable WR group as Bradford did the year before last. Meaning, Amendola, and not much else. It's strange to think that little practice squad Danny will once again be the primary pass catcher on an NFL team.

Amendola, Hoomanawanui, Fells, etc. Would be fun.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Chris Sanity
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:

Unless Hernandez in actually being held in prison it doesnt mean he wont be playing. Its going to take a while for that investigation to finish up much less the Trial to actually happen. So unless they have hard undeniable proof, I dont think he is in danger right now
The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Unless Hernandez in actually being held in prison it doesnt mean he wont be playing. Its going to take a while for that investigation to finish up much less the Trial to actually happen. So unless they have hard undeniable proof, I dont think he is in danger right now

I wish I could agree, but he is already barred from the Patriot's facilities. They've already got enough evidence to prove that he was an accomplice to murder. Obstruction of Justice charges are being filed as we speak. I'm assuming that the authorities want him in custody ASAP, so that he cannot further sabotage their investigation (cleaning ladies, destroying cellphone/surveillance, etc.).

There's now way that the Draconian commish will let him play when he is clearly involved in a homicide. Hell, his own team may not let him.

The J.R.S.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris00cm wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

Don't they have Salas also?

kgarrett12486

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

He was cut...

IDOG_det on the sig...
RIP "El Fenomeno" - Oscar Taveras
S-jax39

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kgarrett12486 wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:
chris00cm wrote:
The J.R.S. wrote:

He was cut...

lol

Wasnt he supposed to go over there and break out? Brady will be fine btw..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 129, 130, 131  Next
Page 18 of 131

Jump to: