Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bears trade OL Gabe Carimi to Bucs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hawksman81

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlphaQHard wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
Wasn't Tom Brady a 6th round pick? Bucs going to regret this trade.

this

I think the Pats are going to regret not trading Tom Brady for Carimi as they watch him become the best Olineman of all time.

SaveourSonics wrote:
I love D!ck

JustisM wrote:
Why'd they turn the lights on?
Big Ben is more effective in the dark.
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To this day, there have only been two Bears games I had to turn off In the middle of it... Gabe Carimi's breaking out party against the 49ers was One of them... Gave up 5.5 sacks ALONE, and our RG was credited with one that fell on Carimi. He is an absolute turnstile at Tackle, literally, Id take Jeremy Trueblood over him there every time.

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
mfw096

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pigsooie5 wrote:
To this day, there have only been two Bears games I had to turn off In the middle of it... Gabe Carimi's breaking out party against the 49ers was One of them... Gave up 5.5 sacks ALONE, and our RG was credited with one that fell on Carimi. He is an absolute turnstile at Tackle, literally, Id take Jeremy Trueblood over him there every time.

Trueblood?!?!?!? Noooooo lol
nagahide13

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. That's a Millen-esque disaster.

Always thought he could be a decent RT, but I guess that seems pretty unlikely at this point. He does seem to have a decent makeup to be a pretty good guard though... was he ever given time there in Chicago? Even in practices or anything? If he was and didn't do any better than he did at tackle, this is much more understandable... But getting a 6th back for him is just terrible. Only thing worse would be to cut him outright, which might have been inevitable if the Bucs hadn't bitten, but still. I thought he could have provided some value on the interior.
DawgX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good trade for the Buccaneers. It's a low risk/potentially high reward type of trade. Carimi has been pretty bad since entering the NFL and will likely remain so, but he does have some talent and if anyone could get the best out of him, I'm sure it would be his old offensive line coach from his days at Wisconsin. If he can become even just a solid backup, then this is a very good trade for Tampa Bay.

It's surprising that Carimi ended up playing so poorly for Chicago. I think he was a prospect that most people expected would be a fairly good player in the pros.

Smack on the sig.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trades like this start to make me wonder if they'll ever drop the "price" of draft picks during draft day after seeing how many never live up to their hype?
GOGRIESE

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:

Always thought he could be a decent RT, but I guess that seems pretty unlikely at this point. He does seem to have a decent makeup to be a pretty good guard though... was he ever given time there in Chicago? Even in practices or anything? If he was and didn't do any better than he did at tackle, this is much more understandable... But getting a 6th back for him is just terrible. Only thing worse would be to cut him outright, which might have been inevitable if the Bucs hadn't bitten, but still. I thought he could have provided some value on the interior.

Yes he did get some time at guard. He looked ok there. However,his knee injury has taken away whatever quickness he had. He's just damaged goods at this point. I doubt he does anything productive for the Bucs.

^^ props to Ty on the sig Smile

2013-Adopt A Bear- CB Tim Jennings #26
MonserinNC

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not totally down on him, I actually think a change of scenery might help.

He played terrible for us and it seemed like he blamed the Bears for not properly rehabbing from his knee injury....once the bad blood started it was all downhill from there.

With 1st round picks its funny like that sometimes. For instance if any other backup OG for our team chose to rehab away from the team no one would care. Since Carimi is a 1st rounder its a big story and created tension.

BrotherlyLove wrote:
Cutler isn't sexy enough to be compared to sexy rexy, let's get real

Darrelle Revis wrote:
TEBOWSANITYMANIA
pigsooie5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mfw096 wrote:
pigsooie5 wrote:

Trueblood?!?!?!? Noooooo lol

Laughing My point exactly man... lol

BEARS------BULLS------DODGERS------KINGS
Adopt-A-Bear: Kyle Long, Guard
Forge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good deal for both teams. Buy low candidate for the Bucs, so even if he flops, its not like a 6th is that big of a deal, but if he gets back a little of what made him a first round pick 2 years ago, he could add some good depth and spot start on the line. Carimi wasn't going to make the team this year anyway for the Bears, so they did well to get something for him.

It's trades like this though that make me respect the 49ers front office even more...6th rounder for Carimi, 6th rounder for Boldin...and the Carimi 6th rounder will be higher.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
IronMike84

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Always thought he could be a decent RT, but I guess that seems pretty unlikely at this point. He does seem to have a decent makeup to be a pretty good guard though... was he ever given time there in Chicago? Even in practices or anything?

Carimi played a few games at RG last season, and that's pretty much where he needs to stay. He's too slow to play on the left side or outside.

nagahide13 wrote:

Most Bears fans say giving up two 1st rounders for Cutler was automatically a good trade because those were picks Jerry Angelo would have squandered anyway. That's how appallingly terrible Angelo was in the 1st (and usually 2nd) round.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: