Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ranking the Roster: #5 Tiebreaker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

5th Best Titans Player
Derrick Morgan
38%
 38%  [ 10 ]
Kenny Britt
61%
 61%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 26

titans0021

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
Neither. To be completely honest, I have Ayers, Casey, Brown, and possibly Warmack and Pollard ahead of these two. But since I have to choose, I'll take Britt.

No offense but how can you have a rookie who has yet to play a snap over someone who has? For all we know, Warmack could be as bad as Amano.

Because Britt has done nothing but get arrested and injured, and Morgan's play has been underwhelming. I think Warmack will be a top 10 guard in the league this year, I honestly do.

Well I do to but still doesn't change the fact he hasnt played a down yet. That's the reason I didn't plan on including rookies in this.
Frankly, if we're voting a receiver that has never topped 775 yards in a season as the fifth best player on the team, we might as well include rookies to. Laughing

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
renndawg37 wrote:
Neither. To be completely honest, I have Ayers, Casey, Brown, and possibly Warmack and Pollard ahead of these two. But since I have to choose, I'll take Britt.

No offense but how can you have a rookie who has yet to play a snap over someone who has? For all we know, Warmack could be as bad as Amano.

Because Britt has done nothing but get arrested and injured, and Morgan's play has been underwhelming. I think Warmack will be a top 10 guard in the league this year, I honestly do.

Well I do to but still doesn't change the fact he hasnt played a down yet. That's the reason I didn't plan on including rookies in this.
Frankly, if we're voting a receiver that has never topped 775 yards in a season as the fifth best player on the team, we might as well include rookies to. Laughing

One could also argue that no one left on the board has looked as dominant as Britt did during the beginning of the 2011 season before he went down for the year. He's got the potential to be a top 3 player on this team. With the lack of proven talent on the team, its good enough for 5th for now. Morgan looked good last year, but never as dominant as Britt looked weeks 1 and 2 of '11.

Is he waiting to bounce back to that level again, a year removed from the shortened season? Or will he continue coming short of his potential? You can make the case for Morgan... as you can for a number of players at 5. The thing is that, like I had previously posted, we have a ton of potential on the team, but the top tier talent is severely lacking while that 2nd tier is muddled with unfulfilled potential... spots 4-15 are basically interchangeable...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ragevsuall17 wrote:

One could also argue that no one left on the board has looked as dominant as Britt did during the beginning of the 2011 season before he went down for the year. He's got the potential to be a top 3 player on this team. With the lack of proven talent on the team, its good enough for 5th for now. Morgan looked good last year, but never as dominant as Britt looked weeks 1 and 2 of '11.

Is he waiting to bounce back to that level again, a year removed from the shortened season? Or will he continue coming short of his potential? You can make the case for Morgan... as you can for a number of players at 5. The thing is that, like I had previously posted, we have a ton of potential on the team, but the top tier talent is severely lacking while that 2nd tier is muddled with unfulfilled potential... spots 4-15 are basically interchangeable...
The biggest thing is, for me at least, that was 20 months ago at this point. He has the potential to be the best player on this team. I'm a big fan of Britt and have high hopes for him this year, but two great weeks of football shouldn't be enough to put him over guys that at least have a full season of quality football under their belt.

I'm fully with you on the fact that we lack top-tier talent, we have a few players that have had at least one or two complete, good seasons. If we're going to vote solely on potential, Warmack might as well be the vote at five, since he has the potential to be one of the best at his position from day one.

2014 Adopt-a-Titans
1. Justin Hunter, WR - 12 receptions, 237 yards, 1 touchdown
2. Brian Schwenke, C.
ragevsuall17

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
ragevsuall17 wrote:

The biggest thing is, for me at least, that was 20 months ago at this point. He has the potential to be the best player on this team. I'm a big fan of Britt and have high hopes for him this year, but two great weeks of football shouldn't be enough to put him over guys that at least have a full season of quality football under their belt.

I'm fully with you on the fact that we lack top-tier talent, we have a few players that have had at least one or two complete, good seasons. If we're going to vote solely on potential, Warmack might as well be the vote at five, since he has the potential to be one of the best at his position from day one.

It's not just potential with Britt though. We saw what he could do when he puts it together... even if it was just a tiny sample size. And the drop in play since that little explosion is explainable... even if all too common... but not just a drop in play with unexplained reasons.

Britt at 5 isn't far fetched... nor would it be if he were 10. That's the thing... a good case can be made for all these next few guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: