Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Currently 12 million, could we bring in one more guy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raidr4life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:
Man Sedrick Ellis from the Dorsey and McFadden draft out of USC? Wjat happened with this dude? Is he really that bad that nobody picked him up?

Yes. He's awful.

I remember that draft him and Dorsey were neck and neck as far as who's the top guy and they were both supposed to be the next best pass rushing 3 techs in the league. 12.5 sacks in 5 years though and half coming in one season. He sounds like our typical first round picks lol

That's probably why i wanted him in that draft. It still wouldn't hurt to bring him to camp. I can't say i followed the saints too closely but i'd guess he could provide ok depth. Allen is obviously familiar with him as well.

Exactly. He'll be cheap and it's not like we're stacked on our line anyway. I would welcome that move.... I would welcome any move on our porous, defensive line.

Confused Porous, have I missed something, have we been playing games recently?

OK so by this post, we can conclude you're thinking more highly of our back-ups from last year and other team's back-ups. Now I acknowledge it is quite possible for them to be good but at this moment in time, they're nothing more than what they are; other team's back-ups.

I'd say its a reasonable assumption to make. Our DL was crap last year. Kelly didn't play very well and Seymour didn't play like at all. Bryant was decent to good. Bilukidi is still here. Adding Walker and Sims who were also decent to good should help a decent amount. Especially since they have discipline.

I thing our DL is still crap. Maybe not as stinky of a pile but it's certainly still crap IMO. I like Sims, I like him a lot. I was talking about bringing him in since the off-season began. But I don't see Walker, Sims, Bilikudi, and Co really being an upgrade.

I dunno, I'm going in w/ low expectations. Maybe I'll get surprised.
Well it seems to be a major upgrade against the run since Sims and Walker both play the run well and Sims is the big NT we all been begging for. Pass rush still remains to be seen, but Andre Cater came on at the end of last season and now is even healthier. Hunter should be better than Shaugnessy.
Dessie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Dessie wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
raiderfan19 wrote:
Man Sedrick Ellis from the Dorsey and McFadden draft out of USC? Wjat happened with this dude? Is he really that bad that nobody picked him up?

Yes. He's awful.

I remember that draft him and Dorsey were neck and neck as far as who's the top guy and they were both supposed to be the next best pass rushing 3 techs in the league. 12.5 sacks in 5 years though and half coming in one season. He sounds like our typical first round picks lol

That's probably why i wanted him in that draft. It still wouldn't hurt to bring him to camp. I can't say i followed the saints too closely but i'd guess he could provide ok depth. Allen is obviously familiar with him as well.

Exactly. He'll be cheap and it's not like we're stacked on our line anyway. I would welcome that move.... I would welcome any move on our porous, defensive line.

Confused Porous, have I missed something, have we been playing games recently?

OK so by this post, we can conclude you're thinking more highly of our back-ups from last year and other team's back-ups. Now I acknowledge it is quite possible for them to be good but at this moment in time, they're nothing more than what they are; other team's back-ups.

You haven't seen them play together yet but already you have deemed the dline porous? I like to see players play together before passing opinion.

Obviously you judge teams by how they look on paper, Eagles proved last year how that works.
#clueless
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FTR, I had the Eagles as an 8-8 team last season I believe.

I don't judge people on paper. I judge them b/c they've played before and just b/c they're now on the Raiders doesn't make them any better than before. Generally, it's seemingly made people worse but that's behind us now.

PM sig requests.
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:

I don't judge people on paper. I judge them b/c they've played before and just b/c they're now on the Raiders doesn't make them any better than before. Generally, it's seemingly made people worse but that's behind us now.

But the question for most of us is why not watch them play here before calling them anything?

Walker was a guy that Atlanta did not want to lose. His stats were among the highest on that team. And our starting interior was crap last year with Seymour and crew by your own admission. So why not see if there is any improvement with our own eyes before we judge whether there is an upgrade here or just more of the same?

And you are saying that you would welcome a guy that has been HORRIBLE to come here and downplay Walker as merely "someone else's bckup" when he has outplayed Ellis for their entire careers? I would rather have someone's solid backup before I take someone else's BUST.

I'm just saying. Confused

Raider X hooked me with the sig
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

But the question for most of us is why not watch them play here before calling them anything?

Walker was a guy that Atlanta did not want to lose. His stats were among the highest on that team. And our starting interior was crap last year with Seymour and crew by your own admission. So why not see if there is any improvement with our own eyes before we judge whether there is an upgrade here or just more of the same?

And you are saying that you would welcome a guy that has been HORRIBLE to come here and downplay Walker as merely "someone else's bckup" when he has outplayed Ellis for their entire careers? I would rather have someone's solid backup before I take someone else's BUST.

According to Bengals fans, Sims was their best run stopping DT. IIRC, their average/carry was a full yard lower when he was in the lineup. The concern is his ability to stay healthy. And he doesn't bring anything as a pass rusher. He's clearly a role player who will be subbed in and out based on the situation. He might be listed as a starter for the Raiders but his role will remain the same.

Falcons fans had nothing but praise for Walker. He was a late round pick who slowly developed into a player for them. At 26, he's entering his prime and his coming off his best season as a pro. I think he can be a very solid starter, i'm not expecting a star though.

I also like Bilukidi's potential. He's a pretty good athlete for his size and he looked solid at the end of last year.

The thing i like the most though is how those 3 complement each other. Seymour, Kelly and Bryant were all bringing the same penetrating ability. Now we don't have to ask anyone to play out of his comfort zone. We'd be better off still having Bryant but for that contract, it couldn't happen.
early43

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't mind making a play for Leech when he's released from Bal. We currently lack a true, lead blocking FB and he's one of the best in the league. Could allow us major flexibility with how we use Reece as well.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

early43 wrote:
Wouldn't mind making a play for Leech when he's released from Bal. We currently lack a true, lead blocking FB and he's one of the best in the league. Could allow us major flexibility with how we use Reece as well.

I doubt that would happen however I wouldnt hate it at all.
Big Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Bishop? Doubt it happens but I would welcome it...
raiderfan19

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Rob wrote:
Desmond Bishop? Doubt it happens but I would welcome it...

LB from Green Bay? If he got cut you can almost bet Reggie will put a feeler out there.

S\O Palooka on the sig
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut for medical reasons. I'd sign him and PUP him though. Very good player when healthy. With him our OLBs become at least average, if not above.

Allen said he would play the hot hand, in what world is McFadden's hand hot?

He touched Dennis Allen's seat before the game.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

91jmay wrote:
Cut for medical reasons. I'd sign him and PUP him though. Very good player when healthy. With him our OLBs become at least average, if not above.

The guy said he's going to be the DPOTY Laughing Laughing

I think this has more to do with his contract that injury.

Quote:
According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com, the Packers intend to release Bishop if they canít restructure his contract or work out a trade.

He says he's close to 100%, but that as always should be taken with a grain of salt.

He'd be a nice signing for Oakland. Help round out the LB core.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:

I've already seen them play. I am getting my analysis based on previous performances. Just b/c they put on our colors doesn't mean they're instantly going to be better. There's a reason their previous teams let them walk and we brought them in cheap. It's not b/c they're Pro Bowlers.

If you can have both and keep "someone else's BUST" in rotation to keep "someone's solid backup" fresh, why wouldn't you?

PM sig requests.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Quote:
According to Jason Wilde of ESPNMilwaukee.com, the Packers intend to release Bishop if they canít restructure his contract or work out a trade.

He says he's close to 100%, but that as always should be taken with a grain of salt.

Officially released now.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Quote:

Officially released now.

For the right price, I think we'd be all over him. Especially with Reggie, his 3-4 ILB experience and our supposed interest in running a hybrid scheme. Plus we have no backup MLB worth a damn.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
91jmay wrote:

Quote:

Officially released now.

For the right price, I think we'd be all over him. Especially with Reggie, his 3-4 ILB experience and our supposed interest in running a hybrid scheme. Plus we have no backup MLB worth a damn.

I agree. If healthy, he's still got some time in him. I'd be welcome to it especially b/c I don't think Reggie would overpay for him and it'd more than likely be a 1 year deal anyway. Plus, we seem fond of the GB's cast-aways LOL.

PM sig requests.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: