Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs "in play" for Vonta Leach; Have Talked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chiefs82

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Chiefs "in play" for Vonta Leach; Have Talked Reply with quote

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6/12/4422302/vonta-leach-free-agent-kansas-city-chiefs

Quote:
 He was cut by the Ravens earlier this week and, according to this report from Mike Garafolo of USA Today, he is drawing interest from several teams, including the Chiefs. Leach is visiting the Dolphins, he hopes Houston, his former team, is in play, he has been linked to the New York Giants and, according to the USA Today report, the Chiefs and Denver Broncos "might soon be in play" for Leach.

Chiefs just drafted Braden Wilson out of KSU, and traded for Anthony Sherman.

UPDATE: http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcwest&id=59208&src=desktop

Quote:
Leach's agent, Ralph Vitolo, said he talked to Dorsey this week and has not talked to the Broncos. Vitolo said Dorsey was “non-committal” but said perhaps the team could interest in Leach at some point. The Chiefs have several young fullbacks and I can see Leach getting a look if the Chiefs want a veteran presence the position. 

http://www.reflector.com/sports/ecu/leach-excited-next-step-2083827

Quote:
“There are a lot of teams out there that want me, about seven teams,” Leach said. “Me and my agent are going to take our time and see what’s the best fit for me. I’m probably going to play three more years before I hang it up.”

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:32/Sacks:12/FF:1/FR:0

Last edited by chiefs82 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Mikek163

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Re: Chiefs "in play" for Vonta Leach Reply with quote

chiefs82 wrote:
http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2013/6/12/4422302/vonta-leach-free-agent-kansas-city-chiefs

Quote:
 He was cut by the Ravens earlier this week and, according to this report from Mike Garafolo of USA Today, he is drawing interest from several teams, including the Chiefs. Leach is visiting the Dolphins, he hopes Houston, his former team, is in play, he has been linked to the New York Giants and, according to the USA Today report, the Chiefs and Denver Broncos "might soon be in play" for Leach.

Chiefs just drafted Braden Wilson out of KSU, and traded for Anthony Sherman.

I knew this would happen. I freak knew it!! Now we're going to sign him, and put Sherman or Wilson on the PS. Most likely Wilson.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is anybody else find it a little quirky that FB is all of a sudden such a focal position for us. Don't get me wrong, I love a good fullback like I love a good punter and we have been adrift since T-Rich, but it seems odd to me.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't expect us to make a move on ANOTHER FB...but make no mistake, there is a reason Leach makes the Pro-bowl...he's a BEAST.
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pay the man, Clark. Pay him. I will buy his jersey. I vow it upon my life.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
Mongo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bill Walsh’s WCO a fullback was integral part of the passing and running game. Remember Tom Rathman?

That’s a million years ago, though. Still, Reid is from that lineage. Maybe that’s the attraction. Not sure what kind of a receiver Leach is, though. He definitely is the premier blocking FB. In today’s NFL that’s becoming the equivalent of the world’s greatest blacksmith.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leach is SO much better than all the guys we have brought in
simonwayne

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1% of the league owns 99% of the fullbacks. We are the 1%
DrewC14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is fullback a really big part of our new offensive scheme? If it is then I'm all for it, but if not then I don't see the need in signing another fullback even if Leach is far better than anyone else on the team and maybe anyone else in the league.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another way to look at it is this. What was the biggest complaint from the majority of us about the previous regime...they picked their guys and brought in ZERO competition in a way to improve the overall bottom line.

This FO has clearly shown that they are not afraid to go out and go after a guy they believe to be a clear upgrade to the current roster. I think this is just a further movement along those lines.

I still don't think trading for Sherman made sense, but the fact is Javy wanted out, so we tried to get something for him. Now it's unfortunate that we had used a pick on Wilson (using the pick, not the player). Now I have a hard time believing we'd keep 3 FBs, so obviously if we snagged Leach, he's the day 1 starter. We'd probably cut Sherman and or practice squad Wilson.
Rumless

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sherman and Leach in the full house with Charles at the top would be nasty.

chiefs82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=afcwest&id=59208&src=desktop

Quote:
Leach's agent, Ralph Vitolo, said he talked to Dorsey this week and has not talked to the Broncos. Vitolo said Dorsey was “non-committal” but said perhaps the team could interest in Leach at some point. The Chiefs have several young fullbacks and I can see Leach getting a look if the Chiefs want a veteran presence the position. 

Rumless

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll buy two Vonta Leach jerseys, one for my dog and one for me, John. Final offer.

chiefs82

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reflector.com/sports/ecu/leach-excited-next-step-2083827

Quote:
“There are a lot of teams out there that want me, about seven teams,” Leach said. “Me and my agent are going to take our time and see what’s the best fit for me. I’m probably going to play three more years before I hang it up.”

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: