Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos release RB Willis McGahee
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Knew it was going to happen over Knowshon, yet I received a forum esque public stoning. Younger, Cheaper, and better on 3rd down.

well...well...look at you...just better than everyone now aren't you?

I guess so. Thanks for noticing.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
elliot878

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
Knew it was going to happen over Knowshon, yet I received a forum esque public stoning. Younger, Cheaper, and better on 3rd down.

I think yu got the younger and cheaper parts correct. But the stoning came because you called Knowshon better, which he's still not a better football player than McGahee.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the reason McGahee was cut because he was not recovered from his leg injury?

Paul Klee of the Colorado Springs GT:
Quote:
Why was McGahee cut loose?

Foremost, he's not healthy. I have it on good authority that's what the Broncos believe.

http://gazette.com/klee-whos-on-first-better-yet-whos-at-rb-for-broncos/article/1502362

BTW, is the paper still called the GT? That was its common name when I lived in The Springs two decades ago.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Was the reason McGahee was cut because he was not recovered from his leg injury?

Paul Klee of the Colorado Springs GT:
Quote:
Why was McGahee cut loose?

Foremost, he's not healthy. I have it on good authority that's what the Broncos believe.

http://gazette.com/klee-whos-on-first-better-yet-whos-at-rb-for-broncos/article/1502362

BTW, is the paper still called the GT? That was its common name when I lived in The Springs two decades ago.

Can't be true. I thought you can't cut players who are injured, or something. I'm sure there are loopholes though. I saw a pic of him running drills though so...
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I think yu got the younger and cheaper parts correct. But the stoning came because you called Knowshon better, which he's still not a better football player than McGahee.

Now you're just in denial. He may not have been better than McGahee when we had Tebow or even at the beginning of last year. But Moreno is probably the better back right now.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Now you're just in denial. He may not have been better than McGahee when we had Tebow or even at the beginning of last year. But Moreno is probably the better back right now.
And how do you come to that conclusion? Surely not by stats. Remember Moreno is coming off of an injury so it's not as if he's healthy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

And how do you come to that conclusion? Surely not by stats. Remember Moreno is coming off of an injury so it's not as if he's healthy.

I'll take McGahee at 35 years old and a leg and a half over Moreno right now. Moreno's just not a good runner, McGahee is. Healths a wash, both have bouts of bad health frequently, many backs do, comes with the territory.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

I'll take McGahee at 35 years old and a leg and a half over Moreno right now. Moreno's just not a good runner, McGahee is. Healths a wash, both have bouts of bad health frequently, many backs do, comes with the territory.

Clearly the Denver coaching staff doesnt think like you. Whose right?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:
Russell2Bailey wrote:

Clearly the Denver coaching staff doesnt think like you. Whose right?

You've been adament about Moreno's time coming to an end here due to his jersey being on sale (i'm not disagreeing with your rationale, btw).

If they both got paid the same, and had the same injury, 9 times out of 10 coaching staff takes McGahee. And the one time they take Moreno they ask for a mulligan and change their pick to McGahee.

This isn't about talent, but health and salary. Its clear whose the more talented running back. If you're not sure, ask yourself which guys beeen a bust all his career, and which has continued to rise above expectations even after some bad injuries.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mke1010 wrote:
Relax folks. The application of a little common sense says that Moreno is making the team. Personal biases and prejudices aside, Knowshown is the third most talented back on the team. He is a veteran back with experience while the top two have almost none. Barring injury he is a lock.
It has nothing to do with personal prejudices. I think Moreno is average at best, and we know he is injury prone. Add to that his lack of special teams ability and I think there are better options for a reserve running back. I am simply saying he is no lock to make the roster and I hope someone can beat him out of a job.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What week do you guys think Hillman breaks the single season rushing record?

Willis was a good back for a long time but last year he showed signs of decline to average to above average. Once you start that trend as a RB you never go back up in value. Broncos want someone with more upside, youth and value for a full season. He has time to latch on somewhere else if he is healthy and if he is not healthy then he shouldn't be on the team.

There is really no bad side to this move for the Broncos. I hate it. Elway is really good in this role.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:

Did someone act like he will?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think Boltstrikes is just a big Hillman fan because of SDSU.

Props to Joe_is_the_best on the sig

Blackhawks-Broncos-Bulls-CU-Cubs
paul-mac

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't shock me if Hillman gets the majority of work this year with Ball as a vulture.
Boltstrikes

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncospride95 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:

I may be wrong, but I think Boltstrikes is just a big Hillman fan because of SDSU.

You're 100% correct. I was kind of just fishing for what you guys were expecting from him this year. He was such a joy to watch in college and I am hoping now that he has had time to adjust to NFL speed that he does very well this season.

EverythingSF wrote:
But I do feel Alex is better than Rivers and we may as well not even argue over it here because I am pretty sure neither will change the others mind.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: