Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jets sign former Browns TE Kellen Winslow to 1-year deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
sharpy wrote:
I think sometimes you have to look at a players underlying motivation. I believe he wants a chance to prove he is still a valuable commodity in the NFL. He has a young family which I'm positive will give him motivation. He might not pan out but the fact he wants to try says something. I have a funny feeling that Idzik played a big role in this decision!

Yea, he signed him.

I'm sure there's minimal money involved, so it's low risk, and a chance of a decent reward. If he can stay healthy, he might get some reps.

IMO if he can stay healthy he'll be the starter. In 6 years from 06 to 11. He averaged over 70 receptions with guys like Charlie Frye, Derek Anderson and Josh Freeman as Qb. From what I read he looks good in practice so I have my fingers crossed. He'll be 30 when the season starts so it's not like he's over the hill age wise.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ... *twerks*

No seriously, this is a solid move. He'll be the starter, but other TE's will get their reps unless K2 is a beast or just have the best hands on the roster. k2 now has more catches than anyone on our roster. Just glad to have a TE that we all have seen produce on the field at some point.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it could be argued that Kellen might have the best hands on the team period. He basically replaces Keller and his role in our TE group. He isnt a strong blocker, and he can be lined up out wide at times.

As far as his injury history, despite his knee problems he has started a lot of games in his career. He left the NFL last season for personal reasons, though because he told reporters he constantly plays in pain in his knees I think that's why everyone thinks his sitting out last season was due to that. In reality it was due to a crowded NE depth chart, when everyone was healthy he was going to be no better than their 4th option, and the fact he wanted to focus on family and his pregnant wife. I really think this could be an underrated signing for us. Def could see him on a Landry type schedule tho in terms of practicing due to his injury history.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsfandan423 wrote:
I think it could be argued that Kellen might have the best hands on the team period. He basically replaces Keller and his role in our TE group. He isnt a strong blocker, and he can be lined up out wide at times.

As far as his injury history, despite his knee problems he has started a lot of games in his career. He left the NFL last season for personal reasons, though because he told reporters he constantly plays in pain in his knees I think that's why everyone thinks his sitting out last season was due to that. In reality it was due to a crowded NE depth chart, when everyone was healthy he was going to be no better than their 4th option, and the fact he wanted to focus on family and his pregnant wife. I really think this could be an underrated signing for us. Def could see him on a Landry type schedule tho in terms of practicing due to his injury history.

I'd love the idea of lining him up out wide...put Kerley in the slot & Holmes on the other side. That's not a bad 3 wide set by any means.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: