Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Redskins sign WR Donte Stallworth, Devery Henderson
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually like the Henderson signing a LOT

He never could materialize into a #1 in N.O. but he had some really nice games and occasionally put up some monster numbers

It appears they are quietly making sure that the Vertical game does not get ignored this year Wink
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DCRED wrote:

He never could materialize into a #1 in N.O. but he had some really nice games and occasionally put up some monster numbers

It appears they are quietly making sure that the Vertical game does not get ignored this year Wink
stallworth is 32

Henderson is 31

I think they signed them to help with development of our young deep threat Aldrick Robinson. When push comes to shove, they'll keep the 24 year old who flashed big play ability last year. Ironically, Robinson outshined Henderson in week 1 in the Superdome. Wink Cool

* Hendrson 1 rec, 11 yds

* Robinson 4 recs, 52 yds and a td

Neither guy was better last year than our top 5 Wrs. Briscoe when he got playing time in 2011 was better than them.

The saints would have re-signed Henderson to the minimum we just signed him to if they thought he had a lot left because his prime, Henderson was a favorite target of Brees

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to lose Worthington and D Peterson. Certainly would rather have them available over two old receivers.
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
DCRED wrote:

stallworth is 32

Henderson is 31

I think they signed them to help with development of our young deep threat Aldrick Robinson. When push comes to shove, they'll keep the 24 year old who flashed big play ability last year. Ironically, Robinson outshined Henderson in week 1 in the Superdome. Wink Cool

* Hendrson 1 rec, 11 yds

* Robinson 4 recs, 52 yds and a td

Neither guy was better last year than our top 5 Wrs. Briscoe when he got playing time in 2011 was better than them.

The saints would have re-signed Henderson to the minimum we just signed him to if they thought he had a lot left because his prime, Henderson was a favorite target of Brees

Aldrick Robinson immediately came to my mind when they signed Henderson. But like I said in a previous post, it will probably (hopefully) just push Robinson even harder in mini camp. I think Robinson is safe as the number 5 WR, then I think Stallworth, Briscoe, and Henderson will duke it out for the 6th spot. Didn't we keep something crazy like 7 WRs last season? I wouldn't worry about Robinson, I still think he's in their future plans. And don't worry about it hurting his development, I think Robinson can learn a lot from a guy like Henderson on how to be successful in this league with their unique skill set.

mike23md on the sig!
SeanTayorsaPIMP

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Sorry to lose Worthington and D Peterson. Certainly would rather have them available over two old receivers.

Peterson got injured I believe and wasn't going to make the 53 (Davis, Reed, Paulsen, and Paul). Worthington I like but with the return of Carriker and Neild and the signing of Merling and Brace I guess he got pushed out.

mike23md on the sig!
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

Peterson got injured I believe and wasn't going to make the 53 (Davis, Reed, Paulsen, and Paul). Worthington I like but with the return of Carriker and Neild and the signing of Merling and Brace I guess he got pushed out.

They are both hurt and will go to I R if they clear waivers.. Worthington has something like a bicep injury--
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
SeanTayorsaPIMP wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

They are both hurt and will go to I R if they clear waivers.. Worthington has something like a bicep injury--
oh ok. I knew Peterson got hurt, but didn't know that Worthington did.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/12/redskins-waive-de-worthington-te-peterson/

Ahh, finally found the article mentions Worthington's plight .
How the H----eck do you lose two players in non contact OTA's.. mini-camp. This is NOT a good omen..
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2013/06/12/redskins-waive-de-worthington-te-peterson/

How the H----eck do you lose two players in non contact OTA's.. mini-camp. This is NOT a good omen..
well if you want to look at the bright side, I didn't see either guy making the team this year.

They can go on IR and come back and try to make the team next year when some of the vets infront of them could be gone. So it could end up being good. We get to stash players away on IR the way Gibbs used to, but this time it's legitimate! Laughing

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

well if you want to look at the bright side, I didn't see either guy making the team this year.

They can go on IR and come back and try to make the team next year when some of the vets infront of them could be gone. So it could end up being good. We get to stash players away on IR the way Gibbs used to, but this time it's legitimate! Laughing

At the same time, both Worthington and Peterson need to rehab from their injuries (torn bicep for Worthington, broken foot for Peterson). All things being equal, I think Peterson's got the more challenging injury.

I'm a bit surprised to see them not go for another D-lineman since Carriker is almost certain to be on the PUP list and Worthington is now on IR.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

At the same time, both Worthington and Peterson need to rehab from their injuries (torn bicep for Worthington, broken foot for Peterson). All things being equal, I think Peterson's got the more challenging injury.

I'm a bit surprised to see them not go for another D-lineman since Carriker is almost certain to be on the PUP list and Worthington is now on IR.
yeah, that's a good point. Maybe they are doing research and working on it as we speak right now... Hopefully.

Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

yeah, that's a good point. Maybe they are doing research and working on it as we speak right now... Hopefully.

Except to bring someone else on would require waiving/cutting someone else. I'm okay with Henderson or Stallworth (not thrilled, but I can deal with one of them), but both? That's a bit of overkill and puts us in a bit of a jam elsewhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: