Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lacy vs. Franklin
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will have the better career as a Packer?
Lacy
60%
 60%  [ 62 ]
Franklin
39%
 39%  [ 40 ]
Total Votes : 102

Mr Green

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus Christ! this discussion Brick wall

Injuries is part of the game, some guys get injured some guys get lucky and remain injury free. Sh*t happens, expecially in our sport when everybody hits each other at 100mph. You got to take the good as well as the bad.

Lacy had some good things and some not so good things, Ball had some good things and some not so good things. When it all shook out they were very very even. Even I could not decide who i preferred the most. It's clear based on the draft that some teams had the same problem too.

We obviously had them quite even otherwise we would've not traded down and instead just drafted the guy we liked.

We wanted a new RB, we wanted to be more physical, we end up selecting Lacy (which many of you wanted by the way) who ticks those boxes and we should just be happy that choice and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

I don't understand the packer fan mentality of "he's injured...he sucks! CUT HIM!" I remember people hating on Rodgers when he first took over Favre because he was "injury prone". How did that work out for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who are you talking to? Laughing
svp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can/will Lacy run block for Franklin?

hank 3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy will be the better back.
ayt

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
Can/will Lacy run block for Franklin?

No/irrelevant
NCPackFan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Green wrote:
Jesus Christ! this discussion Brick wall

Injuries is part of the game, some guys get injured some guys get lucky and remain injury free. Sh*t happens, expecially in our sport when everybody hits each other at 100mph. You got to take the good as well as the bad.

Lacy had some good things and some not so good things, Ball had some good things and some not so good things. When it all shook out they were very very even. Even I could not decide who i preferred the most. It's clear based on the draft that some teams had the same problem too.

We obviously had them quite even otherwise we would've not traded down and instead just drafted the guy we liked.

We wanted a new RB, we wanted to be more physical, we end up selecting Lacy (which many of you wanted by the way) who ticks those boxes and we should just be happy that choice and enjoy the ride whatever happens.

I don't understand the packer fan mentality of "he's injured...he sucks! CUT HIM!" I remember people hating on Rodgers when he first took over Favre because he was "injury prone". How did that work out for you?

The difference is that Lacy got his in the toughest conference in the country. Ball on the other hand played in a weak conference. Fortunately for Ball, he went to Denver which will be a great system for him. If he fizzles out in Denver, we can clearly write off any Badger RB for good when it comes to drafting RB's.
stu29er

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night at the GB Blizzard game, my son got Eddie Lacy, Jonathon Franklin, Alex Green and DuJuan Harris autographs. He was psyched! Probably as much as me.

So now I'll add some sort of comment about football then..... I think Lacy/Franklin duo is going to compliment each other nicely. Lacy will keep grinding the hard yardage and Franklin will be the one to break the long runs. I just hope there are enough carries to divy up between the two (seeing as how we don't run the ball much), let alone getting Harris/Green in the mix. Looking forward to the battle come training camp.
LewisPhillips

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a nicely written article on Lacy. Talks a little about his past and how he got to "Running angry".

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-rookie-running-back-lacy-has-burden-to-carry-b9951355z1-215404221.html

Quote:
Lacy remembers that after scoring touchdowns in high school fans cheering, teammates slapping him on the back he would walk to the sideline and take a knee. Alone.

"There was a lot of anger," Lacy says. "When I played back in Gretna, it was fun. You make a good play, you make somebody miss, you get back on the sideline and your friends are going to laugh about it. It was fun. It was a riot. After the hurricane, I was aggravated, angry."

He's been trying to recover since.

I am a little worried that he isn't motivated enough to be a success, especially since it sounds like he's putting on weight.

I hope it works out for him, because quite honestly, we need him to be THE guy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lolwut did we draft a manic depressive to run the football? That was a terrible article. Well, it was a great article, but the content was concerning. He's only 22, as mentioned, but he seems so blah about football and life in general. Strange. I honestly feel bad for the kid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhhh that's why he was available at 61. Hopefully the atmosphere of Green Bay can make another person a la Woodson and we can walk away with more than anyone thought possible.

Franklin pick looks even better.
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, we just drafted a guy who isn't a choir boy? Who doesn't have a shining background of perfectness?

:Looks around:

Is this real life?
svp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of three: depression, bipolar and schizophrenia hits 75% of the
entire population in their early 20's age. How hard and how long
and how people deal with it has not been measured yet.

squire12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

svp wrote:
one of three: depression, bipolar and schizophrenia hits 75% of the
entire population in their early 20's age. How hard and how long
and how people deal with it has not been measured yet.

Hurricane Katrina would cause many of us to have a very different outlook on things. Loosing basically everything, displaced from home, losing friends/loved ones. Few of us know that feeling and how it might shape us.
svp

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. I lived in NO and moved just before Katrina, like a year before it hit.
I went down there after to help friends and the loss was sustained by everyone. Tragedy felt by everyone.

To be honest I felt very lucky.

incognito_man

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely makes me feel somewhat uneasy. It's definitely concerning when mental issues are involved.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 11 of 15

Jump to: