Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Orakpo wants to be a Redskin for Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
We'll have plenty of cash next year-we can always Tag him, Trade him maybe.
That's why we drafted Brandon Jenkins. He and Jackson as a tandem can replace Rak.


Yeah, except, no!

Our pass rush was dead without Rak and now we're throwing him to the way side for a rookie and a guy who proved last year he cannot rush the passer in Jackson? Enough with the insanity people, Rak is a beast.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, when will people finally realize that Rob Jackson is average! He's a good reserve to have, but he's nothing near the talent of a former pro bowl talent like Orakpo who commands teams to game plan for him and double team him. Orakpo makes our entire defense better, from the pass rush to the pass D.

Rob Jackson is better vs the run and has better hands though, but that's not really what your looking for from your best pass rusher.

Brandon Jenkins could be a steal because he does have Orakpo type pass rushing skill. I totally would not shoot down the notion that he can can come in and replace Rak, but at this point that prediction is far fetched.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
brandonb2005


Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 501
Location: Clinton
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aceinthehouse wrote:
Yea, waiting for Orakpo to explode or implode, would be insane business, imo.
Why not lock down a Pro Bowler & key part of your Defense & WHO WANTS to be here for 4 or 5 yrs while his value is reasonable.

Just put some clauses in his contract on his pectoral/injuries, that offers a way out or reduced salary.

Lock him down now for 4 or 5 years and be done with it.

OR...you run the risk of him exploding with 25 sacks and wanting Mario Williams money or even worse....have to TAG him and be in a Victor Cruz situation. Run the risk of losing him for nothing.

Give him a 5 yr deal, that's voidable after 3 from us.
Some injury clauses and give him his money up front for next season, so it's not a contract we'll have to restructure to help with CAP later on.

We should have plenty of cash next season, to do that. As our 36M dollar penalty is OVER.

No...You do it now, while he should be very reasonable to work with.


Last thing we need is him breaking Strahan's sack record & his Contract being ESPN News everyday on...."Will the Redskins re-sign Orakpo?....."Will they keep him"?....Rumors are the Jets are interested....blah...blah..blah. New Geico commercials..etc.

No...You nip that in the butt right now! Laughing

What's that thing the CABLE GUY always says...?

Get'r Dun!

That's what you do.


THIS!!! win win for both sides...waiting situations out based on what if's will only pan out for Rak in the end if he is healthy and plays at a pro bowl level which I fully expect.

Eagles will be in the first year of a new offense, Giants O-line is re-tooling and will have growing pains, and the cowboys line simply sucked last year and all they did was draft a 2-3round grade C. Factoring in all that he should have at least 6 good games from the division alone.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sonofwashington.com/2013/06/06/return-of-the-sack/#comment-5092

2013 the return of the sack!

Good article here by Alan Anthony

In the article the only new information I found was his:

Quote:
the team generated 18 of their 32 sacks in the final seven games (all victories). They averaged over 2.5 sacks per game during that stretch and carried that success into the playoffs with five sacks against Seahawks QB Russell Wilson.


The rest of it has been written before by many of redskins bloggers, including us on this site.
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just heard on CSN that Orakpo's 28.5 sacks in his 1st 3 seasons are the most by any redskin in the teams history in their first 3 seasons. Cool
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Redskins' Brian Orakpo already practicing at a "very high level" in return from injury.

http://cbsloc.al/113Yb73
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
I just heard on CSN that Orakpo's 28.5 sacks in his 1st 3 seasons are the most by any redskin in the teams history in their first 3 seasons. Cool


I've made this argument several times when I compared him to other top pass rushers first three years in the league. He is a tremendous pass rusher, gets held constantly and still puts up great seasons. The most amazing thing to me is his ability to adapt. No he's not the greatest in coverage but he is learning a new position and when he takes off it's going to be incredible. I stand by argument to lock him up now because he is going to cost so much more after this season.
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8832
PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I just heard on CSN that Orakpo's 28.5 sacks in his 1st 3 seasons are the most by any redskin in the teams history in their first 3 seasons. Cool


I've made this argument several times when I compared him to other top pass rushers first three years in the league. He is a tremendous pass rusher, gets held constantly and still puts up great seasons. The most amazing thing to me is his ability to adapt. No he's not the greatest in coverage but he is learning a new position and when he takes off it's going to be incredible. I stand by argument to lock him up now because he is going to cost so much more after this season.


Well that would be the organizations plan as well.
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lavar703


Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Posts: 5473
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckleyBoy wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I just heard on CSN that Orakpo's 28.5 sacks in his 1st 3 seasons are the most by any redskin in the teams history in their first 3 seasons. Cool


I've made this argument several times when I compared him to other top pass rushers first three years in the league. He is a tremendous pass rusher, gets held constantly and still puts up great seasons. The most amazing thing to me is his ability to adapt. No he's not the greatest in coverage but he is learning a new position and when he takes off it's going to be incredible. I stand by argument to lock him up now because he is going to cost so much more after this season.


Well that would be the organizations plan as well.


I would hope so Buck...
_________________
RIP Sean Taylor "Forever a Redskin"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BuckleyBoy


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 8832
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
BuckleyBoy wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
I just heard on CSN that Orakpo's 28.5 sacks in his 1st 3 seasons are the most by any redskin in the teams history in their first 3 seasons. Cool


I've made this argument several times when I compared him to other top pass rushers first three years in the league. He is a tremendous pass rusher, gets held constantly and still puts up great seasons. The most amazing thing to me is his ability to adapt. No he's not the greatest in coverage but he is learning a new position and when he takes off it's going to be incredible. I stand by argument to lock him up now because he is going to cost so much more after this season.


Well that would be the organizations plan as well.


I would hope so Buck...


Wouldn't surprise me to see the deal done during TC to be honest....
_________________


kiltman on the sig

JMU Class of 2014
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
turtle28


Joined: 21 Nov 2007
Posts: 62478
Location: MD/DC/VA depends on the hr!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks BB, best news I've heard in months
_________________
RIP SSFmike23md
Quote:
Days until: @Baltimore 4; Final Cuts 11; Reg Season 19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group