Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Bold Predictions
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ramsfan4lyfe8


Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 168
Location: Emmaus PA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Bold Predictions Reply with quote

Ok I know someone did one of these a while ago but it isn't on the first page so I figured I would just start a new one. All it is, is just to get a feel for some bold predictions that we all feel. Obviously let's make them semi believable, not like going 16-0 and winning the super bowl. I'll start it off:

I think we will have both offensive and defensive rookies of the year.

I think Tavon will come in and be a (sounds crazy) but a more dynamic Percy Harvin. Tavon can do ANYTHING on the offensive side of the ball and I think he will come in his rookie season and just absolutely blow the doors off. I'm thinking we will have our first 1,000 plus yard receiver in a while and in all honesty we could have more than one. I think Tavon, Stedman, Austin Pettis, Brian Quick and Chris Givens all have the ability and capability of going for a stack. Now obviously we won't have 5 1,000 yard recievers, but they are all capable.

Now here is the "bold" part. I believe TJ McDonald will win the DROY award. I believe that once TC starts and the pads go on, we will really see how talented he is. He is a big ball hawking safety with good coverage skills. He can really lay the lumber and is just a very cerebral player. Obviously the big name players like Dion Jordan, Kiki Mingo, Ziggy Ansah etc will get the early season notoriety, but I think once the season starts and people really see him play that is when the under the radar players will really get noticed.


Ok guys that is my bold prediction of the offseason, to recap I have Tavon Austin winning the Offensive Rookie of the Year award and TJ McDonald will win the Defensive Rookie of the Year award. What do you guys predict will be brought on this season?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one of two things will happen with our defense...

1. Rams lead the NFL in sacks (Again)
I really think we have a huge chance. I think long is going to have a monster year and I think him and Quinn will have over 10 each.

2. Janoris Jenkins leads nfl in touchdowns
He just has a nose for the ball.. I can definitly see this happening again

Don't know why I just have a good feeling about one of those two happening. I think leading the nfl in sacks is more reasonable, but if jenkins doesn't score the most, I think he'll be close
_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
ramsfan4lyfe8


Joined: 03 Jun 2011
Posts: 168
Location: Emmaus PA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
I think one of two things will happen with our defense...

1. Rams lead the NFL in sacks (Again)
I really think we have a huge chance. I think long is going to have a monster year and I think him and Quinn will have over 10 each.

2. Janoris Jenkins leads nfl in touchdowns
He just has a nose for the ball.. I can definitly see this happening again

Don't know why I just have a good feeling about one of those two happening. I think leading the nfl in sacks is more reasonable, but if jenkins doesn't score the most, I think he'll be close



Yeah dude I definitely think leading the league in sacks is gonna happen. The defense got better this offseason, not worse so I can only see us going up from here (god forbid injury)

And I could see JJ leading the league in Defensive scores. He really showed a knack for the endzone last season so that definitely isn't out of the question.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RamForLife81-39


Joined: 24 Mar 2008
Posts: 2550
Location: NJ
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramsfan4lyfe8 wrote:
RamForLife81-39 wrote:
I think one of two things will happen with our defense...

1. Rams lead the NFL in sacks (Again)
I really think we have a huge chance. I think long is going to have a monster year and I think him and Quinn will have over 10 each.

2. Janoris Jenkins leads nfl in touchdowns
He just has a nose for the ball.. I can definitly see this happening again

Don't know why I just have a good feeling about one of those two happening. I think leading the nfl in sacks is more reasonable, but if jenkins doesn't score the most, I think he'll be close


Yeah I just hope that having a new DC doesn't change much on our defense ..


Yeah dude I definitely think leading the league in sacks is gonna happen. The defense got better this offseason, not worse so I can only see us going up from here (god forbid injury)

And I could see JJ leading the league in Defensive scores. He really showed a knack for the endzone last season so that definitely isn't out of the question.

_________________

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44048
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the place but I read this.


4. Chris Long, DE, St. Louis Rams (11.5 sacks, 76 total defensive pressures)
5. James Laurinaitis, MLB, St. Louis Rams (142 tackles, 57 defensive stops, 2 interceptions, 0 touchdowns allowed in coverage)
_________________

BBL

mozwanted wrote:
I'm beginning to like the rg3 trade
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
l3lind golfer


Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

Joined: 17 Nov 2005
Posts: 36195
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we'll go 7-9.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

l3lind golfer wrote:
I think we'll go 7-9.


I'd be willing to bet that we are within 2 games in either direction from your prediction. This is a good team, and (perhaps as importantly), a very well coached team, so 9-7 wouldn't shock me.

That being said, and for the same reasons, 5-11 would surprise me.

The key for this team is a guy named Sam Bradford. We all know he possesses the physical tools. Can he gain the comfortability and confidence that is required? Only time will tell.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 44048
Location: Paul George's Bed.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we don't make the playoffs I think Sam is gone.
Shame because he's that dude. I haven't kept
Up with OTA's or any sort of Rams news, since my pacers skyrocketed.

What's the word on Sam?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The J.R.S.


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 3871
Location: Next to Waldo
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
If we don't make the playoffs I think Sam is gone.
Shame because he's that dude. I haven't kept
Up with OTA's or any sort of Rams news, since my pacers skyrocketed.

What's the word on Sam?


Sam looks great, but who doesn't it OTAs?

There was an article recently that quoted Shotty as saying that we were very far ahead of where we were last year, but that is hardly news.

You theory is interesting, but there is only one scenario in which I see us cutting/trading Sam after the 2013 season. That would include us using our two 1st round picks and trading up for a premium QB prospect. That only happens if Sam struggles.

I feel confident that Sam will play good QB this year. That being said, if this offense is still sluggish this year, I'm not willing to justify it by pointing to our youth at the sill positions.

This year, Sam needs to prove he is an effective and capable leader on offense. It's all on him in IMO.
_________________


Real sports fans do not condone ESPN.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Emcee


Joined: 28 Apr 2012
Posts: 844
Location: Oregon
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Not the place but I read this.


4. Chris Long, DE, St. Louis Rams (11.5 sacks, 76 total defensive pressures)
5. James Laurinaitis, MLB, St. Louis Rams (142 tackles, 57 defensive stops, 2 interceptions, 0 touchdowns allowed in coverage)


What's the context? Was it a ranking of front-seven players?
_________________
GT: Emcee Orrie
FC: 2981-6750-0182
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
catcheryea


Joined: 17 Apr 2013
Posts: 2640
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emcee wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Not the place but I read this.


4. Chris Long, DE, St. Louis Rams (11.5 sacks, 76 total defensive pressures)
5. James Laurinaitis, MLB, St. Louis Rams (142 tackles, 57 defensive stops, 2 interceptions, 0 touchdowns allowed in coverage)


What's the context? Was it a ranking of front-seven players?


It was from an article about the NFL top 100 and that part specifically was about the five most egregious snubs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
keepnitgangsta1


Joined: 27 Feb 2006
Posts: 15370
Location: St. Louis
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Janoris Jenkins ends the year with 7 interceptions. Ends up making the Pro-Bowl.

* Brian Quick fails to reach 400 yards receiving.

* Jared Cook scores 10+ TD.

* The Rams go undefeated @ Home.
_________________

My NFL Draft Thread
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
StLunatic88


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 7716
Location: How good is your Good?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keepnitgangsta1 wrote:
* Janoris Jenkins ends the year with 7 interceptions. Ends up making the Pro-Bowl.

* Brian Quick fails to reach 400 yards receiving.

* Jared Cook scores 10+ TD.

* The Rams go undefeated @ Home.
I would say each one of those are pretty attainable things.

#If you would say 7 turnovers for Janoris it would be a good bet as he had 5 last year.

#I said before we should be looking toward Vincent Jackson as an early career comparison for Quick (VJ's 2nd year, 27 catches for 453 yards & 6 TDs) So a low yardage total could very well be in play, but I also think 5+ TDs is something he could pull too.

#Thats alot of scores for Cook, but I do think he will be the focal point of the offenses so its not crazy, only 10 guys got to double digits receiving last year, but Cooks sure has the talent.

#Ive said before, I believe this is is the second step in creating a perennial winner. The first was last year when we established that we were a force within our own division, and the second step is defending your home turf.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iRaMs


Joined: 05 May 2010
Posts: 4150
Location: Teletran 1
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rams defense leads league in sacks.

Zac Stacy has 800+ yds and 7+ tds

Tavon Austin leads NFC in all purpose yards.

Sam Bradford throws for 4,000 yds(roughly) 30 tds and 15 int.

Craig Dahl gives up game winning touchdown in the final seconds of overtime to Austin Pettis....at candlestick.

RF28 makes more gameday threads poking fun at Andy Reid.
_________________
Jared Cook: MIA

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ramsfan28


Moderator
Joined: 18 Sep 2006
Posts: 7006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iRaMs wrote:
Rams defense leads league in sacks.

Zac Stacy has 800+ yds and 7+ tds

Tavon Austin leads NFC in all purpose yards.

Sam Bradford throws for 4,000 yds(roughly) 30 tds and 15 int.

Craig Dahl gives up game winning touchdown in the final seconds of overtime to Austin Pettis....at candlestick.

RF28 makes more gameday threads poking fun at Andy Reid.




Your prediction is not only BOLD...but ZESTY....mmmmm....BOLD AND ZESTY GARDETTOS!!!!!


....paired with...a deep fried turkey!!!!!


Now that he's in BBQ territory and looks like Santa Claus (walrus version) it is fair to say that your prediction will be correct sir.

Also, I am going to attack Craig Dahl sooooooo hard when they play the 49ers...

....and I hope some of you are fans of Game of Thrones
_________________


Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF


ViolentMonk71 wrote:


We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group