Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

T.O.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: T.O. Reply with quote

So I saw something, I think on Facebook from Arrowhead Pride with T.O. talking about how he's very familiar with Reid "over there in Kansas City."

Now I think the guy is done, but with no real break out performances in the first set of camps, I've seen "experts" talking that KC could look to add yet another WR. One thing said KC looking for "anyone who can catch," though I'm not sure T.O. is in that group.

Just a question, do you all think we need another WR, who of what is available would you like us to target?
Rumless

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see what the staff does with Avery and Baldwin. If TO wants to come in for the vet minimum, I have no problem with signing him.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rummy that is kind of what I thought. Vet minimum, incentive laden deal get him into camp and see if he can make it. The minute he's a hassle, boot his arse to the curb.
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000211465/article/terrell-owens-no-calls-from-teams-but-two-might-fit?campaign=Facebook_

Link to the article, mostly sounds like he's selling himself...but interesting to discuss when not a lot else is going on.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: T.O. Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
So I saw something, I think on Facebook from Arrowhead Pride with T.O. talking about how he's very familiar with Reid "over there in Kansas City."

Now I think the guy is done, but with no real break out performances in the first set of camps, I've seen "experts" talking that KC could look to add yet another WR. One thing said KC looking for "anyone who can catch," though I'm not sure T.O. is in that group.

Just a question, do you all think we need another WR, who of what is available would you like us to target?

RVM reported to me that Baldwin has looked good again. He "broke out" last year when Bowe wasn't around...pretty hard to break out this year with all the other talent on the offense.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, he looked really good in camp last year, and then was non-existent during the regular season.

I'm not counting on anything from Baldwin, that way hopefully I'll be surprised.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DT58_lives_on wrote:
Yeah, he looked really good in camp last year, and then was non-existent during the regular season.

I'm not counting on anything from Baldwin, that way hopefully I'll be surprised.

I'm in somewhat the same boat as I don't think we really NEED that much from Avery/Baldwin to be a great offense...with Charles and the running game, 3 solid TE's which Alex seems to love, a slot guy sure to actually be used, the indication Charles will be used more in the passing game, and a pro bowl #1 in Bowe, how much action is the #2 WR really going to get?

He looked good in camp last year because Bowe was absent (but you still have to be doing something to make the waves he did) and camp is a QB friendly situation where they can't get hit and Cassel was allowed to be comfortable and make some throws. I'm not really counting on much from Baldwin other than beating out Avery and making the plays that are there and being open/available when the D is concentrating elsewhere.

It doesn't concern me cuz for teams with great running games or great QB's, WR #2 is not a make or break position. The intrigue for me is if Bowe were to be out for a few games...I'm guessing it would hurt our overall consistency, but not be crippling.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
starbarkc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Bowe and Baldwin have their own ego issues that have needed to be checked in the past. At this point, T.O. is more clown than cancer and either way we don't need him.
Diesel2692

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO to TO. If we r gonna sign a WR rather it be Lloyd.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: