Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leach is in Miami

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
patdt13

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Leach is in Miami Reply with quote

Vonta Leach has entered the Dolphins facility and word is that they are working on a deal.

via facebook.

Xbox Live GT: With The Tide
Mercury22

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fingers crossed. Leach has lead the way for lots of great running games and he would be a significant upgrade to our blocking from the fullback position. While Javorskie Lane is a feel good story of success, Leach is a relatively clear upgrade, especially when it comes to blocking. I would be thrilled to land him.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leach has left Miami. I'm not concerned, Ireland rarely, if ever, loses a stare down

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
bpastermack

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But we aren't focusing on the run game...

Just messin with y'all

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Houston is understandably interested an he's played there before. Wouldn't be at all surprised if he signs with them.

Don't know enough about him to have an educated opinion.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to land the guy but he's playig hard ball between Hou & Mia.
I had no clue the guy has been around as long as he has nor that he went undrafted.

My guess is that he will come at a steep price.
I'd be OK either way J. Lane/C. Clay. To me Clay screams insurance policy at TE & quality #2 TE.

sug
Mercury22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pass blocking difference between Vonta Leach and either Javorskie Lane or Charles Clay is monumental. It would give us the most consistent and legitimate FB blocker in the league. He could be utilized to cover up deficiencies along our offensive line and improve the run game which appears to have, at least on paper, taken a step backward. Leach makes a lot of sense. I really hope he chooses Miami.
SUG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B
Mercury22 wrote:
The pass blocking difference between Vonta Leach and either Javorskie Lane or Charles Clay is monumental. It would give us the most consistent and legitimate FB blocker in the league. He could be utilized to cover up deficiencies along our offensive line and improve the run game which appears to have, at least on paper, taken a step backward. Leach makes a lot of sense. I really hope he chooses Miami.

I agree Merc that the pass blocking factor alone should trump the other players intangibles.

I'm just wondering who this affects more, C. Clay or our other F
Mercury22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUG wrote:
B
Mercury22 wrote:

I agree Merc that the pass blocking factor alone should trump the other players intangibles.

I'd guess Lane, but who knows, Clay hasn't exactly distinguished himself either. I've been hopeful about Clay at times, and Lane looks the part but neither has stepped up at all.
Phinsnation84

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Breaking News (As of 5hrs Ago) Leach got a haircut!

https://twitter.com/vleach44/status/345284156693024768/photo/1

This is the life we live waiting lol

Adopt A Dolphin: Brian Hartline
Final: 76REC 1016YDS 4TD
SUG

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercury22 wrote:
SUG wrote:
B
Mercury22 wrote:

I'd guess Lane, but who knows, Clay hasn't exactly distinguished himself either. I've been hopeful about Clay at times, and Lane looks the part but neither has stepped up at all.

In all fairness, I mean how often did Clay actually see "playing time".
I can't (off the top of my head) say a whole lot but I do recall him catching the ball when thrown too ...
I'd remember the drops believe you me ...

Were we in fact seeing an Off scheme in 2012 that didn't feature a bunch of 2 TE sets ???

Was Fasanos mere presence a major factor in C. Clay's productivity or lack there of ???

I kinda in the dark here on just where Clay stood/stands in all of this.

sug
bpastermack

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everywhere he has gone, the run game has flourished. And he is a ZBS FB, so he is a perfect fit. I wanted him when he left Houston too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: