Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sedrick Ellis to visit the Bears
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Throwing money away never brings championships. Did the Ravens have any Big Money FAs, or the 49ers or any of the teams challenging for the championship? They have the same understanding that I do.
We aren't talking about spending money on somebody else's FA (which is hit or miss, and more often miss) we are talking about spending money on your own FAs, which both the Ravens and 49ers have done plenty of. If Ozzie Newsome operated the way you seem to think he does, then Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Anquan Boldin, and many others would have been out of Baltimore a long time ago. The 9ers possible best player, was signed as a FA about 5 years ago. They are also paying Frank Gore more per year than Matt Forte is getting. And I ask you how many championships have the Pats won since the traded Richard Seymour and elected not to resign Asante Samuel? Do you think the Pats are better or worse w/o Wes Welker? For all the love the "Patriot" way has gotten, they have as many championships as the Bears since 2004.

Joe Flacco would have been gone this offseason too.Thankfully Ozzie isnt dumb enough to operate like Al would.
Anquan Bolden was not a FA and we will see how the Flacco deal works out. He is about the weakest link on that offense but has been good when it is critical so far. All it takes is one injured year to throw these contracts into the mistake zone.
When they traded for Anquan Boldin, they had to then turn around and sign him to a big money deal. Maybe its been too long for you to remember but the whole reason he left AZ in the first place, was b/c they couldn't afford to resign him, after the money they had invested in Fitzgerald. And yes the Pats have won more games than the Bears(no where neary the difference you seem to think it is btw), and still have just as many championships over that same time frame. The Patriot way hasn't done jack squat for them. Other teams that have tried and failed at the Patriot way since then: Chiefs, Broncos, Dolphins, and Jets. The Patriot way really isn't about how they handle personnel, its about 2 guys Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Oh and they just gave Tom Brady 100% guaranteed contract (as long as he is on the roster at the end of this year).

And the Ravens have lots of big money players (including another RB making more money than Matt Forte, when you insisted Forte was getting overpaid). As I said earlier your philosophy fits right w/ Mike McCaskey

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Sugashane

PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
GOGRIESE wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Throwing money away never brings championships. Did the Ravens have any Big Money FAs, or the 49ers or any of the teams challenging for the championship? They have the same understanding that I do.
We aren't talking about spending money on somebody else's FA (which is hit or miss, and more often miss) we are talking about spending money on your own FAs, which both the Ravens and 49ers have done plenty of. If Ozzie Newsome operated the way you seem to think he does, then Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata, Anquan Boldin, and many others would have been out of Baltimore a long time ago. The 9ers possible best player, was signed as a FA about 5 years ago. They are also paying Frank Gore more per year than Matt Forte is getting. And I ask you how many championships have the Pats won since the traded Richard Seymour and elected not to resign Asante Samuel? Do you think the Pats are better or worse w/o Wes Welker? For all the love the "Patriot" way has gotten, they have as many championships as the Bears since 2004.

Joe Flacco would have been gone this offseason too.Thankfully Ozzie isnt dumb enough to operate like Al would.
Anquan Bolden was not a FA and we will see how the Flacco deal works out. He is about the weakest link on that offense but has been good when it is critical so far. All it takes is one injured year to throw these contracts into the mistake zone.
When they traded for Anquan Boldin, they had to then turn around and sign him to a big money deal. Maybe its been too long for you to remember but the whole reason he left AZ in the first place, was b/c they couldn't afford to resign him, after the money they had invested in Fitzgerald. And yes the Pats have won more games than the Bears(no where neary the difference you seem to think it is btw), and still have just as many championships over that same time frame. The Patriot way hasn't done jack squat for them. Other teams that have tried and failed at the Patriot way since then: Chiefs, Broncos, Dolphins, and Jets. The Patriot way really isn't about how they handle personnel, its about 2 guys Tom Brady and Bill Belichick. Oh and they just gave Tom Brady 100% guaranteed contract (as long as he is on the roster at the end of this year).

And the Ravens have lots of big money players (including another RB making more money than Matt Forte, when you insisted Forte was getting overpaid). As I said earlier your philosophy fits right w/ Mike McCaskey

I agree for the most part but if you count playoff wins they are far ahead of us and they do have 2 AFC championships. I know you mean Super Bowl wins but there are few who would consider 2 Super Bowl appearances to be no more desirable than missing the playoffs. And it isn't JUST Brady, they won 11 games with Matt Cassel starting in 15 and taking over to win the game when Brady went down.

Just since 2004:
NE- 112 wins reg., +1526 point differential, 8 playoff appearances, 11 playoff wins (with 5 byes),

CHI- 81 wins reg. (31 less, pretty considerable), +251 point differential, 3 playoff appearances, 3 playoff wins (with 3 byes),

I look at point differential to show dominance throughout a season. We have had the better defense by far in several seasons, but they have been more consistent and been much better in FA, drafting, and developing players than we have. Throw in the fact we havenít beaten them in any of the three games we have played them since 2000 I think it is pretty evident they have been superior to us in nearly every measurable. Look back further and the differences grow even more. We have had a better record only 3 times since 2000, combining in those 3 years to just 4 more wins total.

There is no way to say the Pats have not been a FAR superior team and organization over the last 8-9 years. I hate it, but lets be real.
The march for 2,000 All Purpose Yards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: