Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

OTAs & Mini Camps 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
I read a quote from JDR the other day about how their focus on Bruton is, "keeping him athletic in all areas of the field". Bruton is a straight line runner, hence his ability to get down field on the Punt team, despite being the PP. However, his lateral agility is just way too poor to ever be a starting Safety in my eyes.

Not that these OTA's mean anything, mind.

That play come to my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS0ltpVBHbw
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welker: I can be myself a little more in Denver

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22385079/wes-welker-feels-like-he-can-be-myself-a-little-more-in-denver

---

Article does not offer much. Regardless, I hope that his new-found harmony may lead to fewer drops in crucial situations. Wink

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article on Bruton. He could be a good fit in a "big nickel".

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Size-Speed-Earning-David-Bruton-Reps/f0d574d1-cba1-450d-8785-82197814d9b6#
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Size-Speed-Earning-David-Bruton-Reps/f0d574d1-cba1-450d-8785-82197814d9b6#

Yeah we'll let's hope that our championship hopes don't come down to our "nickle DB," and that our nearly 40 yr old QB can find success in an area where he has only succeeded once, in which he barely had to do anything (beat Rex Grossman and Bear's D that our most recent former QB beat).
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:

Whilst I really like Bruton the person (he really has his head screwed on if you follow his Twitter feed), I just don't think he has the 'wiggle' to play the Big Nickel. His role would be to matchup with the TE in the run and passing game, and I don't know if he could do either. His lack of hip flexibility and lateral quickness makes me question his ability in man coverage to be honest. I personally feel Quentin Jammer is the best fit for that role right now (solid in coverage, good tackler).

MUFC OK
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Whilst I really like Bruton the person (he really has his head screwed on if you follow his Twitter feed), I just don't think he has the 'wiggle' to play the Big Nickel. His role would be to matchup with the TE in the run and passing game, and I don't know if he could do either. His lack of hip flexibility and lateral quickness makes me question his ability in man coverage to be honest. I personally feel Quentin Jammer is the best fit for that role right now (solid in coverage, good tackler).

Can't disagree with a thing you've said. I always thought he looked pretty stiff. Jammer is more than a match for TE's. That said..........
This is about the 3rd time I've read something about him "not looking like the same player" or "he fits well with the Ones". Makes me curious what we'll see come preseason.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Yeah we'll let's hope that our championship hopes don't come down to our "nickle DB," and that our nearly 40 yr old QB can find success in an area where he has only succeeded once, in which he barely had to do anything (beat Rex Grossman and Bear's D that our most recent former QB beat).
Whats that got to do with Bruton?

Is this just another thinly veiled "pro Tebow" rant?
elliot878

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Let's not stray off topic. Pretty obvious where you're going with this.

On a housekeeping note, lets put the mini camp developments in this thread too. No need for a new thread for mini camp (dont think there is one), I'll modify the title of this thread to include Mini Camp.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was scanning the roster on the Broncos official website and noticed a few significant weight changes to some of the players. Here are a few I noticed.

Von Miller 238lbs to 250lbs - Added weight is surely muscle in his upper half. His bull rush gets better with the added strength and he should be better able to rush later in games.

Derek Wolfe 300lbs to 285lbs - Hopefully this doesn't affect his strength in the run game. I like the idea of him leaner and quicker, it should help him as a pass rusher.

Malik Jackson 270lbs to 293lbs - This isn't too surprising. He is a large man and will hopefully be a nice rotation piece inside and out again this year.

Knowshon Moreno 205lbs to 220lbs - He goes back and forth, depending on the year. I am surprised he is at 220 though. Broncos must want him to be more of physical presence on certain third downs.

Ben Garland 275lbs to 308lbs - Expected after move to OL. I hope he can get on the practice squad and maybe contribute in the future. Odds are against him, but I like to root for underdogs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: