Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lincoln Financial Revitalization
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
birdman0069 wrote:
rememberthevet wrote:
I can't believe the nonsense I'm reading. People act like Philly has nothing to offer, that people can't "have a good time" in Philly. There is tons of stuff to do in Philly. Do I need to remind everyone that Philly is a top 5 U.S. city??? Just because there isn't a beach around (which there is within reasonable driving distance) doesn't mean there's nothing to do. And not all of us want to go to the beach anyway. I think somebody needs to get off Florida's jockstrap. And shopping? LMFAO. Like you can't throw a rock and find somewhere to shop in Philly.

It is absolute nonsense to act like other cities have all this stuff to offer that Philly doesn't. I've been to the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. Talk about nothing to do....that place was a joke! The NFL had no problem holding a Superbowl there. And Jacksonville, that place was not set up to host a Superbowl at all, not nearly enough accommodations or taxis...it was all over the news. The NFL still chose to host one there too. There is no reason not to host a Superbowl in Philly unless the NFL is hung up on the weather. But if that's the case, then there wouldn't be one in East Rutherford this year.

Clueless!
It doesn't matter what you think of Philly or where it ranks.
Do people want to go there on vacation and drop of wade of greenbacks? No
That's the only answer. Sorry if it hurts your feelings or your "Philly pride". People want to go to nice places or places that offer some kind attraction. The French Quarter, South Beach, Clearwater Beach, the upscale shopping districts and the trendy places you here about all the time.
Philly isn't that.
Owners learned they can hold up their fellow owners for a Super Bowl to recoup some of cash it cost them to build a new stadium. That's the only reason places like Detroit, New York/New Jersey and Dallas have gotten the Game in recent years. Has Dallas or Detroit got a whiff of a game since their stadiums opened? No, and they won't.
Philly never gets a Super Bowl because the NFL, and the people that run it, aren't that stupid. Fans from every NFL city think their city would be great to host a Super Bowl. That's why the NFL doesn't listen to the fans.

Wow, you must hang out with a swanky crowd huh? I don't know what kind of "trendy places" you think I've heard of, but you must only hang out with bimbos that just want to shop and lay on the beach. I guess since a majority of the points of interest in Philly are for people that have a shred of intellect, you are very turned off by it. I guess Boston and Washington D.C. are pointless too huh? Rolling Eyes Your problem is that you think everyone that would go to a Superbowl thinks like you and wants the things you want, and you are as ignorant as they come. I'm not from Philly, I have no reason to defend it, I'm simply talking from experience because I've been to a bunch of major U.S. cities and Philly has just as much to keep people busy as most of them.

Also, Dallas just hosted as superbowl in 2011, in their new stadium! Are you kidding me?! And if the NFL was so concerned about your "trendy places" and "fun stuff to do" they would have NEVER had a Superbowl at Texas Stadium because there is quite literally NOTHING to do there. And bringing Detroit into this discussion is laughable, everyone knows that city is a ghost town, the NFL would be crazy to have a SB there. So what is this B.S. you keep spewing? Don't talk about things you don't know, that will be your lesson for the day.

As a matter of fact I've been to 4 Super Bowls and yes I do hang out with swanky crowd as you call it. Having, you know, been to a Super Bowl and not just watched it on TV like yourself, I think I may be far more qualified to state what people that go to these games are looking for. It's a vacation son, and people don't want to go to Philly to vacation. Over a million people go to the host city, to party, to lay on the beach and to shop. Only 80-90 thousand go to the game. Can you explain this? Of course you can't, you watch the game on TV. The Super Bowl has less to do with game and more to do with whats going on in city and surrounding areas.
People spend thousands of dollars on party's but you, in your infinite wisdom, think people are going to go to the museum, nice. He's a great idea, talk about something you have a little first hand knowledge of.

First off, I don't know who you're calling son; I'm a grown @ss man and you'd be smart to remember that. I don't care how many Super Bowls you've been to, what you're saying doesn't line up with the fact that the NFL has been willing to host the Superbowl in cities that do not offer that type of experience (ie at Texas Stadium, Indianapolis, and now NYC), which is the basis for why you think Philly will never get a Superbowl.

You're using your limited experience and pretending you know what the NFL thinks, and it just doesn't add up. I'm glad you had a good time at the Super Bowls you went to, now go back to your champagne and caviar and stop acting like you know everything Mr. Big Shot, because you don't. And maybe get an English tudor while you're at it, because for all your age and experience you still haven't gotten a hold on the language.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read what I posted. I started off by saying, " as of late NFL owners figured out how they can hold one other hostage to recoup money they laid out for new stadiums." That's what's going in city's like Detroit, New York, Dallas and Jacksonville. They are not the norm but you what to point to those city's and say, "look, it works there so it can work in Philly" which is an absolute and outright lie. The Super Bowl will rarely, if at all, return to places like that because people don't enjoy the amenities those places have to offer. The Super Bowls in Detroit, Jacksonville and Dallas were largely considered flops. You have soon crazy notion the Super Bowl is about the game. It isn't. I told you once, only 2 owners care about the outcome of the game. Only 80-90,000 people go to the game yet over a million come to the host city for the festivities. Explain that.
A city like Houston, Miami, Tampa or San Diego draws a million and half people for the festivities and less then ten percent actually go to the game.
I've been to 4 games myself and that's not a big enough sample for someone like you. Other people have had the game in their towns and they say Philly isn't a good destination.
Maybe, just maybe it's you that has no clue what your talking about on this particular subject.
Sorry if I have no respect for an opinion based purely on speculation and conjecture. Lkie I said earlier, clueless.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Read what I posted. I started off by saying, " as of late NFL owners figured out how they can hold one other hostage to recoup money they laid out for new stadiums." That's what's going in city's like Detroit, New York, Dallas and Jacksonville. They are not the norm but you what to point to those city's and say, "look, it works there so it can work in Philly" which is an absolute and outright lie. The Super Bowl will rarely, if at all, return to places like that because people don't enjoy the amenities those places have to offer. The Super Bowls in Detroit, Jacksonville and Dallas were largely considered flops. You have soon crazy notion the Super Bowl is about the game. It isn't. I told you once, only 2 owners care about the outcome of the game. Only 80-90,000 people go to the game yet over a million come to the host city for the festivities. Explain that.
A city like Houston, Miami, Tampa or San Diego draws a million and half people for the festivities and less then ten percent actually go to the game.
I've been to 4 games myself and that's not a big enough sample for someone like you. Other people have had the game in their towns and they say Philly isn't a good destination.
Maybe, just maybe it's you that has no clue what your talking about on this particular subject.
Sorry if I have no respect for an opinion based purely on speculation and conjecture. Lkie I said earlier, clueless.

Talk about speculation and conjecture....look at what you are writing!!!!! Read the bold. You believe you're stating facts, but speculation is EXACTLY what you're doing.

Again, you are saying that there is no way Philly can host a Super Bowl, and I'm saying it is entirely possible. Because it is. Your reasoning why Philly can't host a Super Bowl is that Philly would not be an ideal location for a Super Bowl - which I'm not saying it would be - and that reasoning is debunked by the FACTS that it has been held in less desirable cities in recent years.

You SPECULATE that the reason the Super Bowl was held in the crappier cities was so the NFL owners can recuperate money spent on new stadiums by "holding each other hostage." Where exactly do you get that from???? I'm not the one who is speculating, and you're the one claiming it is not going to happen - which I cannot agree with.

Philadelphia had over 30 million visitors in 2009, which was even more than San Diego (a choice destination for a Superbowl): http://www.forbes.com/2010/04/28/tourism-new-york-lifestyle-travel-las-vegas-cities_slide_3.html
That's averaging over 2 million a month, but the summer months surely have a higher average. Hence, in February Philly (a much visited big city) has the capacity to host a Super Bowl and could very well get one, especially if the NFL was already willing to let the Super Bowl go to smaller and less-desirable cities before.

You are saying it can't work in Philly, and you're defending that position by saying Philly is not a "good destination." I never said a Super Bowl in Philly would be ideal, I said it is possible and I would like it to happen. And I sure as hell never said that the Super Bowl was just "about the game," so maybe you should stop putting words in my mouth and acting like you can predict what the NFL is going to do because doing that is the "opinion" based on "speculation and conjecture."

I can't believe you have the nerve to call me clueless when I supply real events, places, numbers, and reasons why it could happen.....while you speak in such an absolute way based off of your opinions of your experiences that are only from your perspective.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any clue what people go to the Super Bowl? Please enlighten me. Do you have any clue what people take their vacation and go to the city the Super is held in?
According to you, any city in this country could host a Super Bowl, technically.
How would you describe the Super Bowl festivities leading up to the game? What goes on in a City the week leading up to the game? What are all the people coming to Philly to do the weeks leading up to the game?
Super Bowl week is like Mardi Gras on steroids.
I live outside of Tampa. In 2009, for the two weeks leading up to the game, you couldn't get a tee time at any golf coarse. You couldn't get a hotel room on the beach. Disney was packed to capacity. Busch Gardens was turning people away at the gate. All the best restaurants where closed for private parties. Etc... Etc.... Etc... All in February. Not the high point of vacation season in Florida.
Please enlighten me. Why, on Gods green Earth would people want to go to Philly in February for? To go see the Liberty Bell? Betsy Ross's house? The Franklin Mint? The biggest draw Philly has to get a Super Bowl is Atlantic City, but the NFL is anti-gambling and will never go down that road, ever.
I'm sure they are all fascinating places to see in April or September, but February? You talk about tourism being so great in Philly. What you fail to mention is 30% of those people are coming from the suburbs outside of Philly to take their kids to the places I mentioned above.
Philly has a great convention center and does a great job or luring expos of all kinds. That's what Philly is. A place businesses can draw business people to.
The people that go to the Super Bowl city the week of the game are the people that are going on vacation from the the winter. Why do warm weather cities draw better then Dallas, Indy and Detroit? Because men can take their lady's with them and their is plenty for them to do while the "football fans" are immersed in whatever the NFL has planned. That's what the Super Bowl is.
Your a football fan so to you the Super Bowl is a game. You truly think the owners care about the game more then money? That's not opinion, that's fact. The fact that the Super Bowl is a two week party leading up to the game, with the NFL getting a little piece of everything is all the proof I need. Businesses, TV, anything or anybody you can think of that uses the words "Super Bowl" the NFL gets a piece of.
Places like Philly, Pittsburg, Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Buffalo, Chicago, etc... Will never get a Super Bowl, (unless they get a new state of the art stadium), because people that go, don't want to go there. Every time I went to a Super Bowl, what came in the mail in May? A questionnaire from the NFL asking me what they could do better, what they did right and what I would be looking for to go again.
London will get a Super Bowl before Philly does because it has nothing to do with the game of football.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually got to agree with Birdman on this. Unless you have a new state of the art stadium, don't think that they can pull off a SB. You either need a new stadium or great nightlife to support it. Think NY and Chicago are probably the only two cold weather areas that can support this.

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
rememberthevet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdman0069 wrote:
Do you have any clue what people go to the Super Bowl? Please enlighten me. Do you have any clue what people take their vacation and go to the city the Super is held in?
I would imagine that lots of different types of people go, but I guess there is only one type of person that goes to the Super Bowl...Rolling Eyes
According to you, any city in this country could host a Super Bowl, technically.
LOL, talk about putting words in my mouth! That's not what I said at all. Let me put this in terms you understand. 2011 - Dallas; 2012 - Indy; 2014 - NYC. In three of the past four years, the Super Bowl has been/will be held in cities that do not match up with your hypothetical requirements. If the NFL could hold them at those places, they could certainly hold one in Philly. It may not be as great as other locations, but not all Super Bowl host cities have been. So to say that Philly has no chance of getting a Super Bowl is just stupid. Honestly, that's the only point I'm arguing about. It is such a brazen statement to make, and is completely unsupported when you take the NFL's past decisions into account.
How would you describe the Super Bowl festivities leading up to the game? What goes on in a City the week leading up to the game? What are all the people coming to Philly to do the weeks leading up to the game?
Super Bowl week is like Mardi Gras on steroids.
I live outside of Tampa. In 2009, for the two weeks leading up to the game, you couldn't get a tee time at any golf coarse. You couldn't get a hotel room on the beach. Disney was packed to capacity. Busch Gardens was turning people away at the gate. All the best restaurants where closed for private parties. Etc... Etc.... Etc... All in February. Not the high point of vacation season in Florida.
I'll take your word for it, and that would be expected with all the people coming in for the Super Bowl, ESPECIALLY IN A CITY OF 348,000 PEOPLE!!!! There are more people in Wichita than there are in Tampa.
Please enlighten me. Why, on Gods green Earth would people want to go to Philly in February for?
The people will go where the Super Bowl is, and the NFL decides that. I'm sure people weren't jumping for joy to go to Indy, but they did.
To go see the Liberty Bell? Betsy Ross's house? The Franklin Mint? The biggest draw Philly has to get a Super Bowl is Atlantic City, but the NFL is anti-gambling and will never go down that road, ever.
Really? Sports betting is legal in London....and they keep going back
I'm sure they are all fascinating places to see in April or September, but February? You talk about tourism being so great in Philly.

Again, words in my mouth. You're acting like it's a barren wasteland, and I'm telling you people can still have a good time in Philly.

What you fail to mention is 30% of those people are coming from the suburbs outside of Philly to take their kids to the places I mentioned above.
Yeah, and I would imagine that a good percentage of people that would go to the Super Bowl in Philly would be from the Tri-State area.
Philly has a great convention center and does a great job or luring expos of all kinds. That's what Philly is. A place businesses can draw business people to.
So I guess those "business people" are a lot different from this high-class portrait of the Super Bowl attendee you've been painting then.
The people that go to the Super Bowl city the week of the game are the people that are going on vacation from the the winter.
I guess NYC will be an absolute ghost town this year then....
Why do warm weather cities draw better then Dallas, Indy and Detroit? Because men can take their lady's with them and their is plenty for them to do while the "football fans" are immersed in whatever the NFL has planned. That's what the Super Bowl is.
Your a football fan so to you the Super Bowl is a game. You truly think the owners care about the game more then money? That's not opinion, that's fact. Rolling Eyes The fact that the Super Bowl is a two week party leading up to the game, with the NFL getting a little piece of everything is all the proof I need. What exactly is that proving? Businesses, TV, anything or anybody you can think of that uses the words "Super Bowl" the NFL gets a piece of. Sounds like they would make a lot of money off of all the people living in Philly then.
Places like Philly, Pittsburg, Seattle, Minnesota, Green Bay, Buffalo, Chicago, etc... Will never get a Super Bowl, (unless they get a new state of the art stadium), because people that go, don't want to go there.
Grouping Philly in with cities like Buffalo and Green Bay...come on man! You need to understand the difference between a major U.S. city, like NYC, LA, Philly, Chicago, Houston...and the lower tiered cities. Of course they wouldn't hold a Super Bowl in Buffalo, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, etc., those places are small and in the middle of nowhere. And to say Philly will never get one? That's a pretty bold statement
Every time I went to a Super Bowl, what came in the mail in May? A questionnaire from the NFL asking me what they could do better, what they did right and what I would be looking for to go again.
London will get a Super Bowl before Philly does because it has nothing to do with the game of football.

On a side note, I wouldn't call our stadium state-of-the art, but it's pretty nice. It's also the greenest stadium in the NFL and looks amazing with the new solar panels and wind turbines.

And lastly, you don't think people throw parties in Philly? What do you think New Year's is like there? I guess everyone stays in because it's so cold, brrrrrrrr. Philly is full of big-wigs, so like other big cities...it has clout. The wealthy shop on Walnut, in case your wondering, so don't tell me men wouldn't be able to take their ladies out. The women will be dying to show off their furs if they're as rich as your making them out to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: