Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What is Loomis up to?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you think the plan behind Harper's restructure is?
Getting one more free agent
9%
 9%  [ 1 ]
Extending Jimmy Graham's contract
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Planning for next year
27%
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: What is Loomis up to? Reply with quote

Roman Harper just restructured and saved us nearly 3.5 million. This could mean one of several things or nothing at all. It could be that with Vacarro threatening Harpers job Loomis saw an opportunity to get him to restructure. That simple, no plan just saw a chance to save money. However I think he has a plan, but which one?

Getting one more free agent:
Just a few days before Harper's restructure we released Greg Romeus. Maybe it's a coincidence maybe not, but either way we currently hav 89 players on our roster and some room in the salary cap. Enough to bring in any of the remaining top free agents: John Abraham, Lawrence Tynes, Eric Winston, Brandon Lloyd, Ahmad Bradshaw, and many others.

Extending Jimmy Graham's contract:
Jimmy Graham becomes a free agent at the end of this season. None of us want to see him go, the best way for that not to happen is not to let him become a free agent in the first place. Extending his contract won't be cheap, but considering he's our best player that has a future after his current contract, in my opinion he's worth it.

Planning for next year:
Our salary cap situation next year is even worse than it was this. Harper's restructure not only saved money this year, but over 2 million next year. Also however much we are under the cap this year we get to roll over to next year. So the fact that we were already under the cap before Harper's restructure, we didn't save any money this years we saved it for next year, by being able to roll over the space to next year. In the end Harper saved us about 5.5 million for next year.

Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham:
Glenn Foster:
Harper41

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say its planning for Grahams extension.

RTR
#Keepitonehunna
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Thought someone broke into my house.
Jumped out of bed (left my brother)
krewebrees

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harper41 wrote:

That's what I hope it is, but I think he's just saving for next year.

Adopt a Saint 2014
Jimmy Graham:
Glenn Foster:
domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

krewebrees wrote:
Harper41 wrote:

That's what I hope it is, but I think he's just saving for next year.

Why can't it be both?

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll never forgive Navy for wanting to "fire" Loomis years ago! Me and several members were saying "Loomis is an genius!" and Navy's ideal of him was "he is screwing the Saints up for years." I want you to post Navy boy! I haven't forgotten. Wink

domepatrol91, you should've kept your old name. I'm not good with with new names.....
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
I'll never forgive Navy for wanting to "fire" Loomis years ago! Me and several members were saying "Loomis is an genius!" and Navy's ideal of him was "he is screwing the Saints up for years." I want you to post Navy boy! I haven't forgotten. Wink

domepatrol91, you should've kept your old name. I'm not good with with new names.....

I'll post because I have never said I wanted Loomis fired. I have no clue what you are talking about. I said last season that Loomis signing Brees to a blockbuster contract would create massive difficulties for the cap in the future...which it is already doing. But I NEVER has said I wanted Loomis fired. Please feel free to go through any posts I have made in a vain attempt to find me saying that. You won't find it because I never did.

I have been and will remain one of Loomis's biggest fans here on this board. The man is one of the best GMs in the NFL. I still don't know how he works magic with contracts but he does. I am not sure who you are thinking about as far as who was talking bad about Loomis, but it was not me.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:

I think you may be thinking of this thread: http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=269193

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you didn't post in that thread Wink. Trust me, you've said it. You were one of his biggest critics (it stood out more since you were our MOD). I'm not about to dig in 4 year threads, so you win.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lifeinthaboot wrote:
I see you didn't post in that thread Wink. Trust me, you've said it. You were one of his biggest critics (it stood out more since you were our MOD). I'm not about to dig in 4 year threads, so you win.

Not that easy, bro. I've never said it. Period. I'm sorry, but if there is one thing I don't care for, it is people claiming I said things I didn't say. I may have been disappointed with Loomis a time or two but I have never said I wanted him fired. I win because I said nothing of the sort. So unless you ARE willing to bring up 4 year old threads (it isn't that hard, the forum has a search function), I would appreciate you refraining from lying about things I may have said.

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could be what Boot is talking about, but these posts both came immediately after the Bounty scandal came out, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I think I overreacted to that whole situation more than anyone. Not to mention, this has NOTHING to do with Loomis' talent as a GM.

navysaintsfan wrote:
And to think Payton and Loomis were in on this? I'm just appaled.

navysaintsfan wrote:
Wouldn't be shocked or disappointed if both Loomis and Payton get fired.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=481887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

domepatrol91 wrote:
This could be what Boot is talking about, but these posts both came immediately after the Bounty scandal came out, and should be taken with a grain of salt. I think I overreacted to that whole situation more than anyone. Not to mention, this has NOTHING to do with Loomis' talent as a GM.

navysaintsfan wrote:

navysaintsfan wrote:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=481887&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Big difference between saying I wouldn't be disappointed if he was fired and saying he should be fired. I never stated the man SHOULD lose his job. But With the bounty scandal I honestly felt that if he did lose his job I would have felt like it was a justifiable punishment considering all that the team had to deal with in terms of punishments. But I didn't want that to happen.

domepatrol91

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
domepatrol91 wrote:

navysaintsfan wrote:

navysaintsfan wrote:

Big difference between saying I wouldn't be disappointed if he was fired and saying he should be fired. I never stated the man SHOULD lose his job. But With the bounty scandal I honestly felt that if he did lose his job I would have felt like it was a justifiable punishment considering all that the team had to deal with in terms of punishments. But I didn't want that to happen.

Oh I get it, I was just saying this could be what boot is remembering, or in this case, misremembering. Wink

2014 Adopt a Saint
Brandin Cooks -
Corey White -
lifeinthaboot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys trip me out.

There were TON of Saints fans who wanted Loomis fired. The guy knew nothing about football and it is still questionable whether or not he does.

But he struck gold with Payton...and is a wizard and managing the cap. So...that is all that really matters.

If you haven't read the draft transcript from the 2003 draft...you have to do it. You think that Sullivan pick was bad? If it wouldn't have been Sullivan it would have been another bust. Loomis, Haslett, Mueller were all COMPLETELY CLUELESS at talent evaluation. It is almost sickening to read. We are currently BLESSED to have Payton...and if it wasn't for Payton...Loomis would have been shown the door a LONG TIME AGO.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: