Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers sign former Chargers, Lions, Jags WR Kassim Osgood

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: 49ers sign former Chargers, Lions, Jags WR Kassim Osgood Reply with quote

Quote:
49ers sign special-teamer Kassim Osgood, per source with knowledge.

http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/341988897443680256
Tom Brady Tribute
Gridirongreat#9

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/kassim_osgoods_cheerleader_girlfriend_saves_the_day_sort_of/3327596

DirtyJersey9er wrote:
I wish the friends of some girls I've talked to at bars/clubs were this bad at blocking.
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never seen a team work so hard to bring on great special teamers. Not saying that's bad. In fact, just the opposite. It's clear our staff believes ST are an important part of the game. Our gunners were pretty ineffective last year so it's nice to see us bringing some upgrades.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
Never seen a team work so hard to bring on great special teamers. Not saying that's bad. In fact, just the opposite. It's clear our staff believes ST are an important part of the game. Our gunners were pretty ineffective last year so it's nice to see us bringing some upgrades.

Osgood and Mangini might seem like small signings, but I think it will really help this team grow. That's what I love about Baalke and Harbaugh, constantly bringing in new guys to help this team grow.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder which ones will actually make the team though? I mean, we didn't have a lot of roster spots to begin with, and while our special teams was a sore subject last year and definitely needed to be improved, I can't see us keeping a whole slew of guys who only have this as their functional ability, especially when you consider that we use up a roster spot on Jennings who only does the long snapping. Dixon is very good on special teams, but can add something to the running back position if necessary; same thing for the likes of Spillman at safety.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even want to start a new thread for this but in reading about the Osgood signing I noticed we also signed another special teamer recently. Seely really seems to have a big impact on our roster decisions.

"The San Francisco 49ers have signed S Raymond Ventrone to a one-year contract. In order to make room for Ventrone on the roster, the team has waived FB Jason Schepler. Ventrone (5-10, 200) has played in 73 career games with the New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns, registering 50 career tackles and 39 special teams stops. "

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big9erfan wrote:
I don't even want to start a new thread for this but in reading about the Osgood signing I noticed we also signed another special teamer recently. Seely really seems to have a big impact on our roster decisions.

"The San Francisco 49ers have signed S Raymond Ventrone to a one-year contract. In order to make room for Ventrone on the roster, the team has waived FB Jason Schepler. Ventrone (5-10, 200) has played in 73 career games with the New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns, registering 50 career tackles and 39 special teams stops. "

Him or Mangini; Ventrone has been with Mangini pretty much everywhere he has gone. I think he started with the jets when Mangini was coach, then the patriots when Mangini was DC, and then Cleveland when Mangini was coach again.

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
Cali2Wisco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gridirongreat#9 wrote:
http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/kassim_osgoods_cheerleader_girlfriend_saves_the_day_sort_of/3327596

That type of evasiveness is invaluable

kiltman on the sig
Frisco$finest

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sad to see Joe Hastings go though : (
rudyZ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frisco$finest wrote:

Yeah... the one-practice-catch wonder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfgOeoA4LSE

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
SoCalNiner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rudyZ wrote:
Frisco$finest wrote:

Yeah... the one-practice-catch wonder...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfgOeoA4LSE

He'll be back for the playoffs. Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this in the Sac Bee

"The 49ers ranked second to last in defending kickoff returns last year, and they allowed a Super Bowl-record 108-yard touchdown to open the second half against the Ravens in February. Two of the players the team relied on to bolster that unit, linebackers Tavares Gooden and Larry Grant, were not re-signed in free agency."

Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/06/more-special-teams-help-49ers-sign-safety-ventrone.html#storylink=cpy

I knew we weren't very good. I hadn't realized we were almost the worst in the entire league. No wonder we've signed/drafted so many candidates for special teams in the offseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: