Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tomlin says itís time to shape up
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Imo they should get rid.of Batch and Dwyer and sign Vonta Leach
i like Will Johnson and I think Will Johnson has a long future with the Steelers, Leach is a stop gap.

Leach is a FB, Dwyer & Batch are RBs...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
wwhickok

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leach is a FB that can carry the ball.and pick up yards effecitevely , Batch and Dwyer are Rbs that can't.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
SteelProven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
Leach is a FB that can carry the ball.and pick up yards effecitevely , Batch and Dwyer are Rbs that can't.

Leach as a runner isn't anything near Dwyer. Leach at the most is carrying the ball 20 times all season. He's not a runner he's a blocker and that's it. Dwyer for as out of shape as he is by far the better RB.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Leach as a runner isn't anything near Dwyer. Leach at the most is carrying the ball 20 times all season. He's not a runner he's a blocker and that's it. Dwyer for as out of shape as he is by far the better RB.

Either way, his blocking ability, imo helps us a lot more than Sayers lack of conditioning. Although Vonta has broken off some very nice runs in the past.

Sig courtesy of IDOG
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
im not saying i want Batch or Dwyer on the game, I could care less.

I'm telling you those guys don't play the position Leach does.

Leach is a FB, our FB is Will Johnson and Will is a lot like Leach in terms of physicality and Will is a better athlete, Will participated in Cross Fit.

- Will Johnson is 24
- Leach is 31

I wonder how many years Leach has left considering his position and Leach will be more expensive than Johnson.

In 130 games Leach has only rush the ball 24 times. So in 10 years he's averaged 2.4 carries a YEAR! Not a game! A year...

Come on bro, they don't need to overpay for an aging Vonta Leach. They have our 24 year old FB in his prime and his name is Will Johnson.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwhickok wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
wwhickok wrote:

Either way, his blocking ability, imo helps us a lot more than Sayers lack of conditioning. Although Vonta has broken off some very nice runs in the past.
buddy. Will Johnson is he Steelers FB, he's 24 and competed in Cross fit. Leach isn't more athletic than him.

Also Leach isn't in better shape than Batch. Batch at worst runs a 4.4 40 yard dash.

I'll give you Dwyer, I could care less if he's on the team or not
MOSteelers56

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle has said Will Johnson more on this page than everyone else on the forums have combined in his career.

gopherwrestler makes sigs I wanna make sweet love to
turtle28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MOSteelers56 wrote:
turtle has said Will Johnson more on this page than everyone else on the forums have combined in his career.
yeah, I like what he does:

He's a good tough blocker, young, athletic and had 15 recs last year, 137 YDs and a TD.

That's good production from your FB.
wwhickok

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:

buddy. Will Johnson is he Steelers FB, he's 24 and competed in Cross fit. Leach isn't more athletic than him.

Also Leach isn't in better shape than Batch. Batch at worst runs a 4.4 40 yard dash.

I'll give you Dwyer, I could care less if he's on the team or not[/quote]

Yep because Football is all about speed, it doesn't require the ability to break tackles, read defenses, make the right cuts and pick the right holes, it doesn't require any of that, only speed.

Batch is garbage until proven otherwise. Dwyer is garbage and he's proved that. Will Johnson? Yep he's young, yep he's got some speed, yep he's a decent enough blocker, nope he isn't anything special, anything we can't live without.

You say all these negative things about Leach but you forget that Leach has been a big part of the success of the Ravens' running game with his ability to block and to be a short yardage RB for them at times.

I hear what you're saying, that Leach is basically not needed, but don't try to sell me that line just because of Dwyer, Batch, or Johnson, because this team COULD live without all 3 of them.

Sig courtesy of IDOG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: