Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10963
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sugashane wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Phil Emery on Sirius Radio:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.
Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.


Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes

Nobody is disputing that if Wilson proves worthy of playing that he will play - some are just more skeptical of Wilson proving worthy.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Phil Emery on Sirius Radio:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.
Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.


Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes

Nobody is disputing that if Wilson proves worthy of playing that he will play - some are just more skeptical of Wilson proving worthy.
Bingo. I've seen this movie before. Mike Hass, Brandon Rideau, Devin Aromashadou, Marcus Monk, Dane Sanzenbacher. Chicago fans for some reason love the underdog WR.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7120
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
I've seen this movie before. Mike Hass, Brandon Rideau, Devin Aromashadou, Marcus Monk, Dane Sanzenbacher. Chicago fans for some reason love the underdog WR.

WELL A LOTOF THOSE GUYS ARE TALL AND ONLY TALL WRS ARE GOOD IT'S A FACT AND MATT JONES IS STILL OUT THERE TOO HE'S TALL AND FAST THE BEARS ARE DUMB IF THEY DON'T GET HIM HE'LL MAKE A PRO BOWL FOR SURE AND JAY EVEN SAID HE LIKES TALL WRS JUST LOOK AT BRANDON MARSHALL HE'S TALL AND JAY LIKES HIM SO MATT JONES DEVIN AROMASHODU STARTING RECEIVERS MIKE HASS SLOT CAUSE HE'S NOT TALL!!!!!!!11

There was a thread here a few years ago where some guy used the "all good receivers are 'tall'" argument on me and proceeded to name every receiver 6'3" and over who had any notoriety in the NFL.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 962
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Phil Emery on Sirius Radio:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.
Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.


Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes

Nobody is disputing that if Wilson proves worthy of playing that he will play - some are just more skeptical of Wilson proving worthy.
Bingo. I've seen this movie before. Mike Hass, Brandon Rideau, Devin Aromashadou, Marcus Monk, Dane Sanzenbacher. Chicago fans for some reason love the underdog WR.


I don't know if I like him for being an "underdog"... I certainly don't like that he quit on his team. If anything I think the kid might be a little bit of a b*tch, but I don't know him nor do I know the full story so that goes by the wayside. I've said this already but I think he's a talented kid, a 2nd or 3rd rounder on talent alone. To get him in the 7th is, hopefully, a steal for us. We will see. He had an impressive grab in the minicamp video posted on the "official" site.
_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7941
PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
ChicagoAl wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
Phil Emery on Sirius Radio:

"Extremely excited about Marquess Wilson. He's a vertical player. Doesn't run what I would call an outstanding 40 time but he plays very fast. He's an unusual guy in that he's a long-strider but he can really come to balance, he can really bend-and-break in and out of his cuts very well for a person that has the kind of length that he has. He's a high-point catcher with a lot of catch range."
You realize that Phil is going to talk nicely about every player on the roster right? You think he is going to disparage his 7th round draft pick? Hell I'm pretty sure there was nice blurb about Austin Signor when he was signed, and unless Robbie Gould's leg falls off I can't see Signor making the team either.
Obviously Phil is not going to say a player is a PoS but he will not go out of his way to praise one who is. And "no" there was no blurb praising Signor. He signing was a quiet as a snowflake in a snowfall.

The fact Emery even mentions a rookie seventh rounder is significant. Praising one means he is likely in their plans.


Now we know Sup believes only the GM will use diplomacy, but the QB never would. Rolling Eyes

Nobody is disputing that if Wilson proves worthy of playing that he will play - some are just more skeptical of Wilson proving worthy.
Bingo. I've seen this movie before. Mike Hass, Brandon Rideau, Devin Aromashadou, Marcus Monk, Dane Sanzenbacher. Chicago fans for some reason love the underdog WR.


I don't know if I like him for being an "underdog"... I certainly don't like that he quit on his team. If anything I think the kid might be a little bit of a b*tch, but I don't know him nor do I know the full story so that goes by the wayside. I've said this already but I think he's a talented kid, a 2nd or 3rd rounder on talent alone. To get him in the 7th is, hopefully, a steal for us. We will see. He had an impressive grab in the minicamp video posted on the "official" site.
It is a nice "no lose" situation to be in.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HuskieBear


Joined: 16 Feb 2009
Posts: 1147
Location: Milwaukee
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny how some people were talking about Mark Harrison making the roster over Wilson, but how many people realized that he is no longer with us, and has already signed with (shocker) the Patriots.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Jared Allen | TKL: 20 |Sacks: 1 | TFL: 2 | FR | FF: 1 | PD: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
G08


Joined: 28 Feb 2011
Posts: 962
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Pompei wrote:
If there is a sleeper in the rookie class in terms of quick impact, Id say it is wide receiver Marquess Wilson. He could get some snaps if he walks a straight path because he can do some things some of the other Bears receivers cannot.

_________________

WindyCity wrote:
McClellin is simply not very good. He is not big enough or strong enough to play at the NFL level. The Bears should move on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore? Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
It's ridiculously early and I'm going only off Wilson's college tape but all things considered, if his talents cross over from the college ranks, I think the kid will not only make the roster, he will have Earl Bennet's starting job before week 17.

Slow down there. First and foremost, Wilson is going to have to be an outstanding special teams contributor to make the team, much less see the field. Obviously there were extenuating circumstances to him not getting drafted until the 7th round, but nonetheless he's a 7th rounder who is going to play a very difficult position to transition to at the pro level. Special teams has to be his ticket to a roster spot.


I'm not so sure I agree. There's talk of Hester being one of our gunners (if I'm not mistaken, Peanut is our other one). I don't see any value that Weems brings to our team, especially now that Hester is a full time returner. What non-starting WR on our roster brings a combination of size and deep speed? Brandon and Alshon are locks, but after that I think it's a tossup. This kid is a Day 2 talent that fell because of quitting on his team (never a good thing, but Mike Leach's history has me wondering what was actually occurring). He's a legit 4.45 guy and arguably the only deep threat we have.
No, he's a 4.51 guy, and Earl is a 4.43 guy, and Alshon is a 4.48 guy. And Alshon is the teams deep threat, Wilson really has no role on this team, but it will take him getting cut in TC before people around here will realize it.
Not to make any excuses for Marquees it's really hard to walk away from the game like and then go into the combine at his top performance level. He has a role on the team trust that look at it like this Marques Colston was the Saints 7th round draft pick and he became Drew Brees favorite target.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore? Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
It's ridiculously early and I'm going only off Wilson's college tape but all things considered, if his talents cross over from the college ranks, I think the kid will not only make the roster, he will have Earl Bennet's starting job before week 17.

Slow down there. First and foremost, Wilson is going to have to be an outstanding special teams contributor to make the team, much less see the field. Obviously there were extenuating circumstances to him not getting drafted until the 7th round, but nonetheless he's a 7th rounder who is going to play a very difficult position to transition to at the pro level. Special teams has to be his ticket to a roster spot.


I'm not so sure I agree. There's talk of Hester being one of our gunners (if I'm not mistaken, Peanut is our other one). I don't see any value that Weems brings to our team, especially now that Hester is a full time returner. What non-starting WR on our roster brings a combination of size and deep speed? Brandon and Alshon are locks, but after that I think it's a tossup. This kid is a Day 2 talent that fell because of quitting on his team (never a good thing, but Mike Leach's history has me wondering what was actually occurring). He's a legit 4.45 guy and arguably the only deep threat we have.
No, he's a 4.51 guy, and Earl is a 4.43 guy, and Alshon is a 4.48 guy. And Alshon is the teams deep threat, Wilson really has no role on this team, but it will take him getting cut in TC before people around here will realize it.


I consider Alshon a deep threat as much as I consider Brandon a deep threat. I love both players, but I wouldn't send him vertical more than I would have him contribute with slants, digs, and comebacks

Earl Bennett is not a 4.43 guy. He ran 1.47/2.56/4.48.

Players like Earl Bennett are a dime a dozen. Good WR, I cringe calling him "solid". Nothing special.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57112&draftyear=2008&genpos=WR

Marquess Wilson ran a 1.54/2.50/4.45. He also had more explosion evidenced by his vertical and broad jump. Earl could only dream of having Wilson's body control and ability to high point the football.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113933&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

I vehemently disagree that MW has no role on this team. You put him at Z when you want to move Marshall into the slot, you can use him in the quick passing game, bubble screens, etc etc etc.

I get that you don't like the guy, I just haven't heard you once provide a legitimate football reason.
Chuurch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Re: Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore? Reply with quote

AZBearsFan wrote:
G08 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
G08 wrote:
IronMike84 wrote:
G08 wrote:
It's ridiculously early and I'm going only off Wilson's college tape but all things considered, if his talents cross over from the college ranks, I think the kid will not only make the roster, he will have Earl Bennet's starting job before week 17.

Slow down there. First and foremost, Wilson is going to have to be an outstanding special teams contributor to make the team, much less see the field. Obviously there were extenuating circumstances to him not getting drafted until the 7th round, but nonetheless he's a 7th rounder who is going to play a very difficult position to transition to at the pro level. Special teams has to be his ticket to a roster spot.


I'm not so sure I agree. There's talk of Hester being one of our gunners (if I'm not mistaken, Peanut is our other one). I don't see any value that Weems brings to our team, especially now that Hester is a full time returner. What non-starting WR on our roster brings a combination of size and deep speed? Brandon and Alshon are locks, but after that I think it's a tossup. This kid is a Day 2 talent that fell because of quitting on his team (never a good thing, but Mike Leach's history has me wondering what was actually occurring). He's a legit 4.45 guy and arguably the only deep threat we have.
No, he's a 4.51 guy, and Earl is a 4.43 guy, and Alshon is a 4.48 guy. And Alshon is the teams deep threat, Wilson really has no role on this team, but it will take him getting cut in TC before people around here will realize it.


I consider Alshon a deep threat as much as I consider Brandon a deep threat. I love both players, but I wouldn't send him vertical more than I would have him contribute with slants, digs, and comebacks

Earl Bennett is not a 4.43 guy. He ran 1.47/2.56/4.48.

Players like Earl Bennett are a dime a dozen. Good WR, I cringe calling him "solid". Nothing special.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=57112&draftyear=2008&genpos=WR

Marquess Wilson ran a 1.54/2.50/4.45. He also had more explosion evidenced by his vertical and broad jump. Earl could only dream of having Wilson's body control and ability to high point the football.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=113933&draftyear=2013&genpos=WR

I vehemently disagree that MW has no role on this team. You put him at Z when you want to move Marshall into the slot, you can use him in the quick passing game, bubble screens, etc etc etc.

I get that you don't like the guy, I just haven't heard you once provide a legitimate football reason.

I wouldn't say he doesn't like him - I think he just has tempered expectations for a 7th round WR who doesn't appear to play special teams. There have been hundreds of guys who did big things in college who stunk in the NFL. Nobody wants to see Wilson fail to produce but you seem to be expecting a top 3 receiver out of a 7th round pick and that doesn't work out far more often than it does.
The Bears are fortunate in that his stock drop due to his walking out on Leach. Before that his was rated as a late first early second round player. He was 9th all time in receiving for the Pac 10, and caught 12 passes for over 100 yd vs No#2 rank Ducks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
What I want to see out of him is his strength improve. He is rail thin and look at how Green Bay dominated almost all our WRs while double and triple teaming Marshall. They were all outmatched and needed more time than our oline could give to get off their presses and get into their routes. Unless he is stronger than he has shown, he will likely have the same issue.

I hope he excels for us, but I would be happy with a solid 3 or 4. We've dealt with Hester as a #1 for a few years, so we can stand to give the guy a chance as a reserve/developmental player. This might be about him being a returner, as Hester cried about thinking of retirement after Lovie was fired, and is a free agent after this season. Weems is due $1.6 mil in 2014 but if Hester wants more money than he's worth, I'd like to have some depth at returner. Filling that hole for a 7th is a good pick.
Huh??? You realize in week 2 Alshon Jeffery was open all game long, right? In week 14 he was robbed of 3 catches 75 yards, a TD, and a chance to tie the game.
Thank you
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
1. Wilson ran a 4.51 at the combine. Combine time is the only time I care about it they run it. If he has the speed to take the top off of a defense then so does Earl Bennett, Alshon Jeffery and Joe Anderson.

2. I thought we were long past the days of "oh he's 6'3, he's the GOAT." But apparently not. To make any impact whatsoever Wilson has to make the team. He's not starting, at least I hope everyone can agree on that, so that means Special Teams. Joe Anderson and Eric Weems are special teams studs. Wilson doesn't play STs at all. Its not hard to see how this is going to wind up. Jay came out and lobbied for Dane Sanzenbacher last year. Does anybody remember that. Jay said they needed to find a way to keep him on the team b/c of his play at WR. Dane offered nothing on STs and found himself cut.

3. I hope the kid does well, he was drafted by my favorite team obviously, but you guys want to make him something he's not. He's not the burner we thought we would be targeting. He's not a does special things w/ the ball in his hands player we thought we would be targeting. He's another tall 7th round WR. If we're lucky his Marques Colston, if we're not he's Marcus Monk.
The Saints gave the Bears hope
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Marquess Wilson = Denarius Moore? Reply with quote

G08 wrote:
AZBearsFan wrote:

To which conclusion am I jumping? Did you not say in the OP that Wilson would take Bennett's job by week 17? Last I checked Bennett was our #3 receiver. Did you not talk about how Earl can only dream of having Wilson's body control or ability to highpoint the ball? Did you not say that he can run slants, digs and bubble screens but also say that he is our only deep threat? If you're saying that he can run the deep routes but also the short and intermediate routes then how am I stretching things to say that you're implying that he can run the entire route tree? My point was that if he is all that you're cracking him up to be then why would he just be a #4 receiver?

I think Wilson has promise too but I think with the way that you are talking him up you're getting a little bit out over your skis on this. That's all. Oh and with the comparison to Boldin I was talking specifically about skill set not toughness, though I will openly concede that Boldin is a slower player.


You're right about me saying Wilson would take Bennett's job by week 17, but I did preface that by saying it was ridiculously early and I'm only going off Wilson's college tape (with the assumption that his talents transfer into the NFL game).

I also did say that about Earl wishing he had Wilson's body control (more in response to Sup saying Wilson could only wish to have Bennett's hands); but that's not his game. He had to flip his hips on a deep ball last season and dropped a wide open TD. He's not good at contorting his body mid-air to make plays.

As for Wilson's routes, I don't think saying digs, comebacks, bubble screens, and sluggos or go routes imply a full route tree.

I might be over-hyping the kid, in fact I'm sure I am to an extent (it's the freaking off-season after all, a time for over-analyzing and optimistic projections). I'm just saying we might have something in this 7th round pick, and it's not a Marcus Monk / Airese Curry pipe dream. There's a glaring hole in that 4th WR spot and I think it's got this kid's name all over it.
yep
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
What I want to see out of him is his strength improve. He is rail thin and look at how Green Bay dominated almost all our WRs while double and triple teaming Marshall. They were all outmatched and needed more time than our oline could give to get off their presses and get into their routes. Unless he is stronger than he has shown, he will likely have the same issue.

I hope he excels for us, but I would be happy with a solid 3 or 4. We've dealt with Hester as a #1 for a few years, so we can stand to give the guy a chance as a reserve/developmental player. This might be about him being a returner, as Hester cried about thinking of retirement after Lovie was fired, and is a free agent after this season. Weems is due $1.6 mil in 2014 but if Hester wants more money than he's worth, I'd like to have some depth at returner. Filling that hole for a 7th is a good pick.
Huh??? You realize in week 2 Alshon Jeffery was open all game long, right? In week 14 he was robbed of 3 catches 75 yards, a TD, and a chance to tie the game.


Really? By the fact that Cutler couldn't complete 55% of his passes and was sacked 11 times in those 2 games, I think if Jeffery had been able to "be wide open all game long" then those numbers wouldn't be that way. The TD was debatable (I think a bad call), but Jeffery's pass interference later in the game was the correct call. I'm assuming the last pass thrown to Jeffery was one of the three passes you claim he was "robbed" of. Shields barely had a hold of his jersey and was facing the ball, Jeffery had a chance to make the play and didn't fight back to the ball. He let Shields gain inside position when the ball was in the air. Don't make it sound like the offense was efficient and was responsible for keeping the game close, our defense and special teams were the only reasons we were close, that and them having Crosby who was terrible last year.
On the first part, I'll just let someone else show you on tape how stupidly wide open AJ was week 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqVP437cIo

And what did Jay say about it? Well he admitted that when they reviewed the tape AJ was open all game long and that he forced the ball to Brandon when he should have been looking AJs way, but yep, you're 100% right Jay struggled in that game b/c AJ couldn't get open. LOL

Point #2:
Jeffery had 3 OPIs called on him, 1 legit, the other 2 he was simply disengaging from the defender who HAD A HOLD OF HIM. Yes the defender on 2 plays, 1 being a TD was blatantly HOLDING AJ. If you feel the need to find evidence just search the site for Jrry's terrific screen shot breakdown. And as far as Jeffery not fighting back for the ball on the final pass, what the hell is he supposed to do after being called for back to back to back OPIs. Is he supposed to give the ref another reason to give him an OPI? Why? Especially when it was blatant DPI that oh, we're just not going to call today.
set the record straight my brotha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MonsterCityGHS


Joined: 23 Feb 2013
Posts: 148
Location: MonsterWolrd
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MonsterCityGHS wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Sugashane wrote:
What I want to see out of him is his strength improve. He is rail thin and look at how Green Bay dominated almost all our WRs while double and triple teaming Marshall. They were all outmatched and needed more time than our oline could give to get off their presses and get into their routes. Unless he is stronger than he has shown, he will likely have the same issue.

I hope he excels for us, but I would be happy with a solid 3 or 4. We've dealt with Hester as a #1 for a few years, so we can stand to give the guy a chance as a reserve/developmental player. This might be about him being a returner, as Hester cried about thinking of retirement after Lovie was fired, and is a free agent after this season. Weems is due $1.6 mil in 2014 but if Hester wants more money than he's worth, I'd like to have some depth at returner. Filling that hole for a 7th is a good pick.
Huh??? You realize in week 2 Alshon Jeffery was open all game long, right? In week 14 he was robbed of 3 catches 75 yards, a TD, and a chance to tie the game.


Really? By the fact that Cutler couldn't complete 55% of his passes and was sacked 11 times in those 2 games, I think if Jeffery had been able to "be wide open all game long" then those numbers wouldn't be that way. The TD was debatable (I think a bad call), but Jeffery's pass interference later in the game was the correct call. I'm assuming the last pass thrown to Jeffery was one of the three passes you claim he was "robbed" of. Shields barely had a hold of his jersey and was facing the ball, Jeffery had a chance to make the play and didn't fight back to the ball. He let Shields gain inside position when the ball was in the air. Don't make it sound like the offense was efficient and was responsible for keeping the game close, our defense and special teams were the only reasons we were close, that and them having Crosby who was terrible last year.
On the first part, I'll just let someone else show you on tape how stupidly wide open AJ was week 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JqVP437cIo

And what did Jay say about it? Well he admitted that when they reviewed the tape AJ was open all game long and that he forced the ball to Brandon when he should have been looking AJs way, but yep, you're 100% right Jay struggled in that game b/c AJ couldn't get open. LOL

Point #2:
Jeffery had 3 OPIs called on him, 1 legit, the other 2 he was simply disengaging from the defender who HAD A HOLD OF HIM. Yes the defender on 2 plays, 1 being a TD was blatantly HOLDING AJ. If you feel the need to find evidence just search the site for Jrry's terrific screen shot breakdown. And as far as Jeffery not fighting back for the ball on the final pass, what the hell is he supposed to do after being called for back to back to back OPIs. Is he supposed to give the ref another reason to give him an OPI? Why? Especially when it was blatant DPI that oh, we're just not going to call today.
set the record straight my brotha
Just got word via Bears Report Wilson will be fortunate just to make the practice squad.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 9 of 13

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group