Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Desmond Bishop?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 3528
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Desmond Bishop? Reply with quote

He just got released by GB. We all know how badly we need LB depth, and Bishop could easily start over Dent. So, given that he's healthy, should we go after him?
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 18150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Dent played well at the end of the season. We need to actually develop our young players, and not bring in old vets to take their place.
_________________

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coors


Joined: 16 Jan 2008
Posts: 7367
Location: DC via ATL
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never been impressed by Bishop. I don't see it as a move that would have any importance.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BeeperKing


Joined: 10 Feb 2013
Posts: 3528
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
No Dent played well at the end of the season. We need to actually develop our young players, and not bring in old vets to take their place.


Well, considering they were trying to sign Dansby, the FO thinks that MLB is somewhat of a need. Bishop is better than Dansby and not that old. And Dent just wasn't cutting it last season. I don't think there's any doubt he's an upgrade over Dent.
_________________


Daboyle250 on the sig

Foster a Falcon: Thomas DeCoud

FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
devils1854


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 18150
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BeeperKing wrote:
devils1854 wrote:
No Dent played well at the end of the season. We need to actually develop our young players, and not bring in old vets to take their place.


Well, considering they were trying to sign Dansby, the FO thinks that MLB is somewhat of a need. Bishop is better than Dansby and not that old. And Dent just wasn't cutting it last season. I don't think there's any doubt he's an upgrade over Dent.


Dansby said the Falcons offered, but he never visited there. There was no evidence to support his claim.

I don't know what you were watching, but Dent clearly improved over the season, and played well during the latter stages. It's hard for a 2nd year guy to come in without playing anything but special teams during his rookie season and make a huge impact. He was only getting around a third of the snaps because of us using the nickle package. He definitely improved, and was an asset to the team at the end of the year. He is our MLB, and he should only continue to improve.
_________________

#JDI
At the front of the Jeff Matthew and Brett Smith bandwagon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SpoonFed56


Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 1628
Location: GA
PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dent is just fine at MLB
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group