Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Steven Jackson's impact

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpoonFed56

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Steven Jackson's impact Reply with quote

So I've been watching videos on the Falcons website, and Smitty keeps raving about Jackson and we all know we plan to use him big in the passing game as well... Now my question is - how much of an impact do you think SJ39 will truly make on this offense? Roddy/Julio/HD/Ryan/SJ/Quizz/Tony... i think he will get over 1000 on the ground because defenses cant load the box like they did when he was in St Louis.. and if they do Julio Roddy and Tony will go off. I really do believe we have the best offense in the league. I think Jackson has 2-3 good years in him not facing stacked boxes (he was the only form of offsense in STL so all defenses had to do was key in on him and he still got his yards). another thing, when/how much time will Quizz come in do you guys think? Discuss..

#FreeToddGurley
adam9

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as he's better than Turner it's a plus. I'm expecting 4.3+ YPC and about 200-225 carries. So near 1k yards. We NEED him to get the short yardage though.

I could also see about 15-25 catches

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's going to have a similar role that Turner had last year, only he's going to be more effective. Remember, this isn't a run based team. I'm not so sure he's going to be given the opportunities to run for 1k. However, I also think he'll help out a ton in our pass game, so that's a major plus.

Foster a Falcon '14: Julio Jones
FakingInjuries wrote:

Without those elite targets, [Matt Ryan] is in the same tier as Matt Cassell.
Denus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D's MUST acknowledge him. That's all that matters. If our O-line does its job and Matty Ice plays lights out like he did last year then we're going to be the team that DC's dread week in/week out.

Went back and watched some SJax footage... Shocked

He's as good of an all-around back as any you could hope for... hits the hole hard, gets downfield quickly, fights for extra yardage, sure-hands and awareness in the blitz to drop his assignment and bail the QB out, he's a bull to bring down when he's in stride.. AND he's fast enough that by midfield you've got to worry about him sniffing out the goal line.

This league has shown time and again that what looks great on paper doesn't necessarily translate to the field, but our passing game was firing on all cylinders last year. I can't help but think that we'll be coming in just as hot as we were, but with a real threat at RB... his competency excites me more than anything... this is a guy who knows what his job is and can make defenders pay for a mistake. We don't need him to have a 300 attempt season to be effective for us, and I imagine that trading some carries for designed pass plays is going to help limit the wear and tear on his legs, keeping him a factor in ATL for several productive and welcome years.
coors

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for opposing defenders to feel his impact when he runs straight through them

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a lot of people tend to not realize that SJ39 is listed at 6'2" 240 lbs. Julio is 6'3" 220. Jackson is almost as tall as Julio. Jackson is a TALL, Powerful RB who just happens to have awesome hands and is great at catching out of the backfield...... and even in the slot. Yeah I said it. I have a feeling Koetter is going to come up with very creative ways to get SJ39 the ball, and that means lining him up in the slot as a receiver. Smitty keeps talking about how much of an all around back SJ39 is and we all know how Koetter loves to run screens etc. SJ39 and Quizz are perfect for each other *not to mention they both are Oregon State Alum* We literally have so many weapons on offense its insane.

#FreeToddGurley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: