Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFC Least Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 97, 98, 99  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Their wide-outs would still burn us.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
I hope both Cruz and Nicks' hold outs go into the season so that NYG's top WRs are Reuben Randle and Ramses Barden.

What a situation for that front office, there kinda dawwwgy eachother, cause they know they are putting the front office into a pick one or the other mode.

I think one of them goes. Trade.

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
I hope both Cruz and Nicks' hold outs go into the season so that NYG's top WRs are Reuben Randle and Ramses Barden.

What a situation for that front office, there kinda dawwwgy eachother, cause they know they are putting the front office into a pick one or the other mode.

I think one of them goes. Trade.

I have a friend who is a Giants fan. I want to laugh in her face when they get rid of one of them. I will jump for joy. Even though both Barden and Randle could still probably burn our secondary. Confused
Broadway Joe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barden did burn us last season.

We usually let no name guys have career games against us. Most of the time is RBs.

I hope this ends with the new regime.

Thanks to Braylon4MVP for the sig!
AZ_Eaglesfan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly believe the NFC East is the weakest division in football right now. Any team could win this division(yes, including the Eagles). The Giants look like the strongest team, but who knows what happens with Cruz and Nicks? And how good is their secondary going to be? The Cowgirls seem to be doomed to an average 8 win season, but anything could happen there. The Skins have RGIII, but when does he come back? And is he as effective when he is back? Can he stay on the field?

The Eagles look like the bottom team in this division, and they are, but there is upside. The Defense looks like it should at least be able to stop the run, and the offense has playmakers everywhere. If Chip can get solid QB play, who knows what happens? My previous belief was that we would win no more then 6 games, but if some things come together, I could see us winning 8-9 games and having a shot at the playoffs. If we were in the NFC West, I would feel differently, but anything can happen in a weak division.

2014 Draft Wish List: Khalil Mack, David Yankey, DeAndre Coleman, Jimmie Ward, Pierre Desir
PSN:TelevisedLlama
Mr. Incredible

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based on the fact that this is the hardest division in football to predict, I definitely wouldn't call it the "weakest". Any team can come out with the division crown when it's all said and done. I can easily see every team in the division going at least 8-8. I'd say the AFC East and AFC South are clearly weaker; they both contain an elite team, but the bottom of their respective divisions are pretty bad.

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
Dr. Philly wrote:
McNutt busted hard.

Anyone else? No just me? Alright
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Incredible wrote:
Based on the fact that this is the hardest division in football to predict, I definitely wouldn't call it the "weakest". Any team can come out with the division crown when it's all said and done. I can easily see every team in the division going at least 8-8. I'd say the AFC East and AFC South are clearly weaker; they both contain an elite team, but the bottom of their respective divisions are pretty bad.

It's easily the AFCE IMO but because they have the Patriots dominating the division for a decade straight it's viewed as better. When in fact there is very little chance three teams have a 8-8 record or better which could without a doubt happen in this division. Is this the NFCE of years past absolutely not but when a divisional opponent can win / lose to anyone of them in the division that doesn't mean it's weak! Not like the NFCW was three years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wether it's the weakest in all football or not truly makes little difference. The fact is the NFC East has been bad for several years now. It looks as if things may be turning around this year and next year.
The Giants are a roller coaster team. They always have been under the current coaching regime. They are bad this year and next year playing for a Super Bowl.
The Cowboys are constantly underachieving IMO. They have a good enough roster to win a Super Bowl with the exception of their QB. Put Manning or Brady on that team, just as it is, and they are an instant contender. The Cowboys should be a perfect example to Eagle Fan how limited your team can be without an elite QB.
The Redskins are truly a question mark. I'm not buying in to the Griffin thing yet. I'm still of the opinion he will not last very long in the NFL. The Redskins are however one of the most improved teams in all of football over the last 2 seasons and are still getting better. There D is extremely underrated and the backbone of that team. Defense can you a lot of games but IMO this team isn't built to go deep in the playoffs yet.
The Eagles are out and out bad right now. That may change by the end of the season but right now they are just awfull. A patchwork defense and an offense full of weapons but void of a talented player to distribute the ball. Combine that with a boat load of question marks on the coaching staff, front office and schemes and its no wonder we are in the basement looking up.
I said 2 years ago this was the worst division in football and was crucified. Now that the division looks as if they are turning the corner people want to call them awfull?
By the end of the decade this division will win 3 Super Bowls and play in 1 other.

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards
RollEagles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess how the division would do for the remainder of the decade I would guess the following:

Giants: Tom Coughlin is 66 years old. Eli is 32. Both will be gone by the end of the decade. It will be interesting to see what the Giants will do with their future.

Redskins: If RG3 can stick around and be healthy, he should be around into the next decade. Shanahan is 62. I doubt he'll be the coach of the Redskins by the end of the decade.

Cowboys: I'm expecting the Cowboys to enter a full on rebuild mode very soon. Their window to win it was the past couple seasons and maybe the next two but it really seems like Romo is holding that team back. Garrett won't last much longer there. Who know, maybe Jerry will back off the football operations by the end of the decade. He's also 70 years old.

I don't think any of the teams in our division are among the top teams in the league right now. That doesn't mean this is an easy division. There's talent in the NFC East. We don't have a team(s) that is just plain awful like a few other divisions.

There is definitely an opportunity to build the foundations for a nice run with the new regime.

Phillies: 10-10 (Dodgers)
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested in seeing the language on the Cruz deal? Wonder if the 15 million guaranteed is similar basically to the two year guaranteed contract Howie gave Desean? Might actually be three years technically with the 2.87m Tender signed for this year.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4958/demetress-bell
Quote:
ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys plan to sign free agent OT Demetress Bell.
Quote:
All that stands between a deal is a physical.

#YesPlease
RollEagles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mattress in Dallas wouls be a blessing.

Cool

Phillies: 10-10 (Dodgers)
Hammertime52

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles_808 wrote:
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4958/demetress-bell
Quote:
ESPN Dallas reports the Cowboys plan to sign free agent OT Demetress Bell.
Quote:
All that stands between a deal is a physical.

#YesPlease

Nick Foles supporter since 2012
Phire

Location: #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes #BirdGang
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dallas Laughing Laughing Laughing

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Danish proverb 3:69
birdman0069

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jerry Jones is the best to ever happen to the NFC East!

Props to Eagles _808 on the sig.
PE, the new poster child for birth control.

Birdman, slowest to 10K
Eagles Watch-Brandon Boykin
5 tackles, 2 Asst., 2 Pass defended, 1 Int.
0 KO return, yards

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 97, 98, 99  Next
Page 28 of 99

Jump to: