Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders fire PR director Zak Gilbert
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ch8878

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great read about the firing :

Quote:
Gilbertís connection with the media likely made Davis uncomfortable, especially when he didnít feel the right message was getting out. The message was that McKenzie was cleaning up a mess, which was accurate even by Davisí own admission. But just because Davis admitted it, doesnít mean that was the prevailing message he wanted to convey to the public.

Thereís a reason that Davis also forced Amy Trask to resign: he wants to put his stamp on the team. This is commonplace when regimes change. Davis has taken a slow and steady approach to the business side, realizing that the football side was much more important in Year 1.

Neither forcing Trask to resign or firing Gilbert suggest that heís going to start meddling in football operations or that the football side is on notice. Davis has maintained that he will give McKenzie time and he is listening to the advice of guys like John Madden, Ron Wolf and Ken Herock. But like he said in the Sports Illustrated article, though McKenzie is his guy, that's not the case with everyone in the organization.

Gilbert was McKenzieís guy, not Davisí guy. The fact that Davis allowed McKenzie to hire Gilbert was a rookie mistake that compares similarly to McKenzie allowing Dennis Allen to hire Greg Knapp as the offensive coordinator last year. Itís just easier to qualify Knappís performance than Gilbertís performance.

Read the rest here :

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1661735-no-reason-to-freak-out-about-the-firing-of-the-raiders-pr-director

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Mike Silver is the freaking worst "reporter" i've ever heard of. How can you call yourself a reporter when all you're supposedly reporting about is the spin you want to put on things based on your bias. The BS he's spewing i can easily match. Let me get paid for this crap, would you? I'm sure FOX is hiring.

There's nothing this guy would like to see more than the Raiders and McKenzie failing but he doesn't even have the balls to say it because if they happen to succeed he has to keep himself a way to sidetrack out of his criticism. I'm at a lost for words with his kind.

Yeah, he's a worthless troll of a writer. Incredibly biased and always tries to spin things in the worst way possible for the Raiders. I always take his "reports" with a giant grain of salt.

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Ro4DPoY

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23419243/poole-oakland-raiders-owner-mark-davis-says-team

Another article about the firing and what not. Just thought I'd get it to the forum. I really think everything is going to be alright lol.

Been wanting to do this for a while now. Let's see what happens.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ro4DPoY wrote:
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_23419243/poole-oakland-raiders-owner-mark-davis-says-team

Another article about the firing and what not. Just thought I'd get it to the forum. I really think everything is going to be alright lol.

Quote:
The next Media Relations director, he adds, must completely understand the significance of protecting the shield -- and, moreover, the man who built it and lived it until the day he died.

I can understand the emotional side of the spectrum when it comes to Mark Davis but he should be a lot more concerned about the current image than protecting the past. The past will never be portrayed in a better light anyway. If he keeps it up, the current image will suffer the same fate.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: