Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodson arrested on Drug and Weapon charges
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Harris Smith

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.

I wont jump the gun(no pun intended) on calling this a character issue, a mistake yes but this isn't Titus Young we're talking about

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
green24

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

I wont jump the gun(no pun intended) on calling this a character issue, a mistake yes but this isn't Titus Young we're talking about

I already used that pun and no one noticed. Laughing
Raoul Duke

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I once got arrested in almost the exact same spot!

- Cliff Burton
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:

I already used that pun and no one noticed. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing I didn't catch until I proofread my post

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
barnaby8787

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jets LG Willie Colon believes the team will release Mike Goodson following his arrest on Friday morning.
"It's one of the things where it's zero-tolerance with stuff like that," Colon said. "It's sad. Mike could have been huge for us. He wasn't around a lot, so I didn't really get to see him a lot. For the most part, I was kind of anticipating seeing how he was going to do in OTAs. A lot of guys were upset. They knew the type of ballplayer (he was)." The Jets guaranteed Goodson nearly $2 million two months ago, so we're not quite sure this is the end. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was. Goodson faces jail time and almost certainly a suspension.

Props to JMG on the sig
jimbo1904

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man- did we do any background checks on this guy. He's like a poor mans Cromartie...

Being sue, evicted, paternity cases, guns, wtf were we thinking. Good article...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9309396/legal-issues-new-york-jets-mike-goodson-predate-drug-weapons-charges
perikirest

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:
Jets LG Willie Colon believes the team will release Mike Goodson following his arrest on Friday morning.
"It's one of the things where it's zero-tolerance with stuff like that," Colon said. "It's sad. Mike could have been huge for us. He wasn't around a lot, so I didn't really get to see him a lot. For the most part, I was kind of anticipating seeing how he was going to do in OTAs. A lot of guys were upset. They knew the type of ballplayer (he was)." The Jets guaranteed Goodson nearly $2 million two months ago, so we're not quite sure this is the end. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was. Goodson faces jail time and almost certainly a suspension.

I cant see him being around.

AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badson.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Badson.

lol Really dude??

Idzik is looking over the situation, but I think it will come down to how much faith do they have in McKnight or maybe other FA's. If they believe McKnight can step up, then they will cut Goodson.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKnight's parents shouldn't even have faith in him.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

lol Damn

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:

This. McKnight sucks at rb.
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/mike-goodsons-lawyer-says-driver-claimed-ownership-of-gun/

Quote:
Shortly after Goodson’s arrest, his lawyer Anthony Fusco said that the gun found in a car that Goodson was a passenger in when police found it stopped on an interstate belonged to the driver and not Goodson. According to Fusco, the driver agrees with that.

Quote:
If the gun charges against Goodson are dropped, he might still face league discipline for two drug charges but it would likely lessen the chances that he’d be dropped by the Jets as a result of the arrest.

This is good news for Goodson. He will still probably face some trouble, but not having the gun charges will keep him out of jail.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
BenchSanchez

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow/McKnight would've been a good spread offense like Tebow/McGahee in Denver under John Fox.. That's the type of RB McKnight is, he isn't a typical RB.

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: