Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Goodson arrested on Drug and Weapon charges
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Harris Smith


Joined: 07 Dec 2008
Posts: 1473
Location: Totowa, NJ
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harris Smith wrote:
Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.


I wont jump the gun(no pun intended) on calling this a character issue, a mistake yes but this isn't Titus Young we're talking about
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 43186
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.


I wont jump the gun(no pun intended) on calling this a character issue, a mistake yes but this isn't Titus Young we're talking about

I already used that pun and no one noticed. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raoul Duke


Joined: 01 Mar 2007
Posts: 3129
Location: Upstate NY
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I once got arrested in almost the exact same spot!
_________________
“You don’t burn out from going too fast. You burn out from going too slow and getting bored.”

- Cliff Burton
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KingOfTheHill84


Joined: 10 Jun 2012
Posts: 2808
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
Harris Smith wrote:
Even if he's not found guilty on the gun charge, it's pointless to invest a roster spot on a character like this, regardless of whatever potential upside he may or may not have had.

Hopefully the Jets can recover the cap space, and let this kid do his thing somewhere else.


I wont jump the gun(no pun intended) on calling this a character issue, a mistake yes but this isn't Titus Young we're talking about

I already used that pun and no one noticed. Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing I didn't catch until I proofread my post
_________________

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
barnaby8787


Joined: 01 Jan 2006
Posts: 3769
Location: Manhattan, NY
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Jets LG Willie Colon believes the team will release Mike Goodson following his arrest on Friday morning.
"It's one of the things where it's zero-tolerance with stuff like that," Colon said. "It's sad. Mike could have been huge for us. He wasn't around a lot, so I didn't really get to see him a lot. For the most part, I was kind of anticipating seeing how he was going to do in OTAs. A lot of guys were upset. They knew the type of ballplayer (he was)." The Jets guaranteed Goodson nearly $2 million two months ago, so we're not quite sure this is the end. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was. Goodson faces jail time and almost certainly a suspension.

_________________


Props to JMG on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jimbo1904


Joined: 25 Jan 2007
Posts: 2302
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man- did we do any background checks on this guy. He's like a poor mans Cromartie...

Being sue, evicted, paternity cases, guns, wtf were we thinking. Good article...

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/9309396/legal-issues-new-york-jets-mike-goodson-predate-drug-weapons-charges
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
perikirest


Joined: 19 Jan 2010
Posts: 1580
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barnaby8787 wrote:
Quote:
Jets LG Willie Colon believes the team will release Mike Goodson following his arrest on Friday morning.
"It's one of the things where it's zero-tolerance with stuff like that," Colon said. "It's sad. Mike could have been huge for us. He wasn't around a lot, so I didn't really get to see him a lot. For the most part, I was kind of anticipating seeing how he was going to do in OTAs. A lot of guys were upset. They knew the type of ballplayer (he was)." The Jets guaranteed Goodson nearly $2 million two months ago, so we're not quite sure this is the end. It wouldn't be a surprise if it was. Goodson faces jail time and almost certainly a suspension.


I cant see him being around.
_________________


AAJ Mark Sanchez
1 Torn Labrum
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32302
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Badson.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 6653
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
Badson.


lol Really dude??


Idzik is looking over the situation, but I think it will come down to how much faith do they have in McKnight or maybe other FA's. If they believe McKnight can step up, then they will cut Goodson.
_________________

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jetsfan4life51


Joined: 12 Jan 2006
Posts: 32302
Location: lawn guy land
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McKnight's parents shouldn't even have faith in him.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 6653
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
McKnight's parents shouldn't even have faith in him.


lol Damn
_________________

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GangGreen420


Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 2561
Location: FL
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
McKnight's parents shouldn't even have faith in him.


This. McKnight sucks at rb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 19704
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/07/mike-goodsons-lawyer-says-driver-claimed-ownership-of-gun/

Quote:
Shortly after Goodson’s arrest, his lawyer Anthony Fusco said that the gun found in a car that Goodson was a passenger in when police found it stopped on an interstate belonged to the driver and not Goodson. According to Fusco, the driver agrees with that.


Quote:
If the gun charges against Goodson are dropped, he might still face league discipline for two drug charges but it would likely lessen the chances that he’d be dropped by the Jets as a result of the arrest.


This is good news for Goodson. He will still probably face some trouble, but not having the gun charges will keep him out of jail.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenchSanchez


Joined: 27 Jan 2012
Posts: 1345
Location: New Jersey
PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tebow/McKnight would've been a good spread offense like Tebow/McGahee in Denver under John Fox.. That's the type of RB McKnight is, he isn't a typical RB.
_________________

New York JetsRutgers Scarlet KnightsBrooklyn NetsNew York Mets
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group