Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFC East Discussion Thread Vol. 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
ny92jefferis wrote:
reckless123 wrote:
I didnt know where to say this.

But was i missing something when Terrell Thomas was healthy? I keep reading and hearing everywhere that before the injury he was emerging into one of the games best corners. Really? He was either making plays on the ball or was getting beat. He was a good corner at best. But there is no way i saw "one of the best corners in the making". Im just baffled at that statement.

http://www.nfl.com/player/terrellthomas/326/profile

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=true&conference=null&statisticPositionCategory=DEFENSIVE_BACK&season=2010&seasonType=REG&experience=&tabSeq=1&qualified=true&Submit=Go

His second year stats were impressive and third year was even better, top 5 player at his position based on stats.

So based on that he is top 5? Those prove nothing and using those stats for CBs are invalid. I guess i'll let this do the talking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImF29ofyK2I

What I said was based on his stats he's top 5 at his position.

I get what you're saying about stats not being the end all be all but to say that stats prove nothing is a bit over the top. I agree that not all stats indicate a players performance. I myself have a different way of measuring stats when grading players that contains a correlation between stats and wins. I do think that Thomas was emerging as a top talent at his position, however, with the injuries and lack of field time I don't think he'll ever get back there.

I dont mean in general stats mean nothing. But those in my eyes prove nothing.

He was a pretty good corner at best, but i now way saw a top talent at the position. He was a great tackler but in coverage he would get beat quite often.

So...you're saying that he didn't completely shut down Megatron, Reggie Wayne (2010), Steve Smith, etc...really? Basically the best WR's in 2010. I didn't watch the whole video but if TT was playing like that last year he would've been our best CB and we would've done a heck of a lot better with him out there than Webster.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:

So...you're saying that he didn't completely shut down Megatron, Reggie Wayne (2010), Steve Smith, etc...really? Basically the best WR's in 2010. I didn't watch the whole video but if TT was playing like that last year he would've been our best CB and we would've done a heck of a lot better with him out there than Webster.

Nope didnt shut down those guys let alone completely. And Reggie Wayne abused him. If he played like that last year he wouldve been our 2nd best corner. Prince played better than him. Coincidently there is video of Prince last season so you can compare.

"Champagne"..."Mountain Range"..."Hugs".
bballbkd1001

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like tsquared a lot but a lot of injuries. Theres a better chance of chad jones coming back to original form...

And as for 2010 thomas, he was covering number two receivers most of the time with webster on the number ones. I know that for a fact. Reason why he had such high numbers is bc they picked at him quite often. Saw him vs second option receiver as a better choice than webSTAR vs nunber 1 receivers

^^^ Huge props Rase on the Sig!
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple small transactions from rookie minicamp

Dropped:
WR- Marcus Davis
TE- Chase Clement
OL- Levy Adcock
DL- Bobby Skinner
LB- Charles Dieuseul
DB- Buddy Jackson
K- Jake Rogers

Officially Added:
RB- Jeremy Wright
WR- Jeremy Horne- vet
TE- Michael Palmer- vet
DL- Frank Okam- vet
LB- Etienne Sabino
DB- Charles James
DB- Alonzo Tweedy
DB- Junior Mertile
DB- John Stevenson

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh Jerry.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4708715/the-felix-jones-era-in-dallas-is-over

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TT was really awful the last time he was on the field. Completely destroyed by Maclin and Bryant IIRC. I remember Rolle getting blamed for it but I think he gave up like a 90 yard catch to Johnson too.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

redsoxsuck05 wrote:
TT was really awful the last time he was on the field. Completely destroyed by Maclin and Bryant IIRC. I remember Rolle getting blamed for it but I think he gave up like a 90 yard catch to Johnson too.

Johnson got behind Thomas. I'm still not sure if it was because he thought Rolle was behind him or if he just got beat. But Rolle took a terrible angle.

-

Thomas was a slightly above average CB. He made some plays, but got beat too often. I don't think he has the potential to play on the outside. He'd probably have to be a nickel back or take Antrel's spot and kick Antrel back to the normal S role.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biggsam49 wrote:
redsoxsuck05 wrote:

Johnson got behind Thomas. I'm still not sure if it was because he thought Rolle was behind him or if he just got beat. But Rolle took a terrible angle.

-

Thomas was a slightly above average CB. He made some plays, but got beat too often. I don't think he has the potential to play on the outside. He'd probably have to be a nickel back or take Antrel's spot and kick Antrel back to the normal S role.

Oh if TT stays on the team he'll be a safety IMO. Easier on the knees too.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohhhh Jerry. So dumb.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/9328504/dallas-cowboys-draft-board-exposed-jerry-jones-interviews

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't think this warranted a new thread but...

Chad Jones was selected in the 9th round of the MLB draft by the Cincinnati Reds

http://www.nola.com/lsu/team/1370643648-110-946/former-lsu-tiger-chad-jones.html

Jones, a safety, was the Giants 3rd round pick in 2010. Jones never played for the Giants as he was in a horrific car crash in June 2010. The Giants waived him May 14th 2012.

Lets all hope that he can have a successful career in baseball, although its not the destination we wanted for him originally.
GmenSeattle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rough.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin

Quote:
Updating a previous item, the Eagles fear Jeremy Maclin tore both his right ACL and MCL during Saturday's training camp practice.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GmenSeattle wrote:
Rough.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5169/jeremy-maclin

Quote:
Updating a previous item, the Eagles fear Jeremy Maclin tore both his right ACL and MCL during Saturday's training camp practice.

Hurts that Maclin is in a contract year
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw on twitter that Maclin tore his ACL in practice and is expected to miss the whole season.

Edit: Well I am late to the subject apparently, hopefully he has a speedy recovery.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ill post the samw question in here that I asked the Eagles fans:

How do you think the division ends up? Records?
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Giants 10-6
Redskins 9-7
Cowboys 8-8
Eagles 4-12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 51 of 73

Jump to: