Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

McKenzie already on a short leash ?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Fisher and Albert are fine bookends no

Quote:
Banking on a rookie to have an immediate impact. Also, the defense wasn't good when Wimbley was on it. So he'd have to bring a lot more than that.

To be fair they play different positions, but to mock him about a rookie making an immediate impact and then declaring Fisher is going to make an impact? Ironic.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:
Banking on a rookie to have an immediate impact. Also, the defense wasn't good when Wimbley was on it. So he'd have to bring a lot more than that.

To be fair they play different positions, but to mock him about a rookie making an immediate impact and then declaring Fisher is going to make an impact? Ironic.

Not that you're wrong (you're not) but typically you expect a #1 overall pick to have at least some immediate success. A 3rd rounder you're hoping for anything you can get in year 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not that you're wrong (you're not) but typically you expect a #1 overall pick to have at least some immediate success. A 3rd rounder you're hoping for anything you can get in year 1

Good point. I agree. I'm sure Fisher will make an impact, but I hope Moore brings more than what we might expect.
justwinbaby81

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Good point. I agree. I'm sure Fisher will make an impact, but I hope Moore brings more than what we might expect.

Most of us love Sio and was a favorite pick--I know the same guy you're debating with loved him, I remember bp saying he was a favorite prospect of his pre-draft--but Fisher is supposed to be pro-ready. Here's to hoping he's Jamarcus #1 bad.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justwinbaby81 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Most of us love Sio and was a favorite pick--I know the same guy you're debating with loved him, I remember bp saying he was a favorite prospect of his pre-draft--but Fisher is supposed to be pro-ready. Here's to hoping he's Jamarcus #1 bad.

I do love Sio. I think he can have a Bobby Wagner, Levonte David type rookie season in Oakland. But he's not Von Miller as ch8878 tried to draw the comparison to and the talent around him is average at best on a good day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
justwinbaby81 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

I do love Sio. I think he can have a Bobby Wagner, Levonte David type rookie season in Oakland. But he's not Von Miller as ch8878 tried to draw the comparison to and the talent around him is average at best on a good day.

I would be happy with Bobby Wagner type or Lavonte David. Both guys I was high on just like Sio for the same reasons. However Sio seems to have some more pass rush to him but we will see.
ch8878

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Don't you know it only works when he says it. Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

T0 be clear, I think Sio will have an impact. But ch8878 drew a comparison to Von Miller's impact as a rookie and that isn't happening. That was what I was referring to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

T0 be clear, I think Sio will have an impact. But ch8878 drew a comparison to Von Miller's impact as a rookie and that isn't happening. That was what I was referring to.

wasn't it you who was really hoping for us to get Sio before the draft?
I'd hope you'd want us to get a player that you think will make an impact!
but yeah, if he gives us 1/2 of what Miller (the 2nd pick in his whole draft) gave that other team, I'll be very happy!

Bolansho Boro Begoz
ch8878

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

When did I compare Sio to Von Miller?

Putting words in my mouth again are we?

Quote:
Each year is a total different story, and if Sio Moore can bring anything close to what Wimbley did this defense might be really good.

That is what I said ^^compared him too Wimbley.

I might have said before Sio Moore might play the joker position like Miller on another thread don't think that is comparing him to Miller though.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CrapTakula wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

wasn't it you who was really hoping for us to get Sio before the draft?
I'd hope you'd want us to get a player that you think will make an impact!
but yeah, if he gives us 1/2 of what Miller (the 2nd pick in his whole draft) gave that other team, I'll be very happy!

Yes. Sio was one of my favorites in the draft. But I know he's not going to be an elite rookie starter. He will take time to develop his game.

He will have an impact on a bad roster, but he's not going to be Von Miller nor does he have that skill set.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Each year is a total different story, and if Sio Moore can bring anything close to what Wimbley did this defense might be really good.

I might have said before Sio Moore might play the joker position like Miller on another thread don't think that is comparing him to Miller though.

You said:

Quote:
Why not bank on a rookie it surely helped Denver a few years ago.

You directly drew a comparison with that statement to Sio having a Von Miller impact. You could have chosen any rookie starting on any team with a similar skill set, you opted for Von Miller and his DROY elite pass rushing skill set impact on the Denver Broncos.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
ch8878 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You said:

Quote:
Why not bank on a rookie it surely helped Denver a few years ago.

You directly drew a comparison with that statement to Sio having a Von Miller impact. You could have chosen any rookie starting on any team with a similar skill set, you opted for Von Miller and his DROY elite pass rushing skill set impact on the Denver Broncos.

Does that compare them?

If you read the thread I went on to say if he "Sio Moore" can have the kind of impact Wimbley did for the Raiders it'll open things up.

Quote:

So then your argument is Raiders rookies will have zero impact and Broncos and Chiefs rookies will have major impact?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: