Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Conner Vernon Impressing at OTA's
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

See I wouldn't go that route yet. I like Vernon as well, but I don't think we can afford to cut Ford, one of the few proven guys we have at WR, for un proven UDFA's quite yet. Now if he gets injured again, that's a different story, but until then I think he needs to stay with us for at least another year until these young guys we have get some time in and show they can play in pads.

I agree w/ your logic completely. I'm just sick of Ford always getting hurt. But you know what, now that I think about it, might as well keep Ford b/c odds are, he'll get hurt again and then we'll have that opportunity to bring those other guys onto the squad to get some PT.

I retract my previous statement. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction LOL

Ha yeah that was my thinking, keep Vernon and another young guy on the PS and keep Ford until he gets hurt. If he actually stays on the field and plays like he's shown capable, then that's just a bonus.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Just think, he'd come around more if I wasn't here. Maybe I should leave

And this is why you're an idiot. BP is the one who pointed out he was white and the other guy is the guy who lumped him in with a group of white WR's. All I said is Hartline was set out wide and stretched the field. I said yes he is white BP you're right.

If anyone is trying to refer to me as being racist because I agreed with Palooka that he is White, then they are just as simple as you Tagg. You're such an idiot, I never met you and can't stand you. You antagonize and try too start with me on every post. Maybe you should go back and read things before trying to call anyone out. Pretend I'm not here because that's what I do with you, unless you try to do stupid stuff like this.

And yes you should leave. Please.
Burgesskills

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vernon should play the slot because he has good hands, could run precise routes, and lacks top end speed. I never said he shouldn't play slot. I think my exact quote was:

Bess was Miami's underneath guy, I must be a racist.
raidr4life

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Just think, he'd come around more if I wasn't here. Maybe I should leave

And this is why you're an idiot. BP is the one who pointed out he was white and the other guy is the guy who lumped him in with a group of white WR's. All I said is Hartline was set out wide and stretched the field. I said yes he is white BP you're right.

If anyone is trying to refer to me as being racist because I agreed with Palooka that he is White, then they are just as simple as you Tagg. You're such an idiot, I never met you and can't stand you. You antagonize and try too start with me on every post. Maybe you should go back and read things before trying to call anyone out. Pretend I'm not here because that's what I do with you, unless you try to do stupid stuff like this.

And yes you should leave. Please.
Laughing Pray Applause
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:
He's of caucasian persuasion so people just assume he plays in the slot.

I was going to mention that part too.

No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.

Agreed. It's pretty evident IMO.

If anything, saying that the only reason fans think he'll do well in the slot is because he's is is being racist. But whatever.

But have you watched the kid play??? His "skillset" is that of a down the field over the top WR and not a slot guy. I just wonder where all this slot stuff is coming from.

Raider X hooked me with the sig
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mentioned Hartline (6'2" 195lbs 4.5-40) as a slot WR when clearly I meant Bess (5'10" 194lbs 4.64-40) whose stature and skillset more similarly resembles Vernon's.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

No I assume he's going to play the slot because his skillset is similar to players who have had success there. This race thing is flipping ridiculous.

If anything, saying that the only reason fans think he'll do well in the slot is because he's is is being racist. But whatever.

But have you watched the kid play??? His "skillset" is that of a down the field over the top WR and not a slot guy. I just wonder where all this slot stuff is coming from.

Yeah you're right. What am I thinking? He's Randy Moss.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Burgesskills wrote:
Quote:

Yeah you're right. What am I thinking? He's Randy Moss.

Considering Vernon himself said he is a slot WR in the NFL....
big_palooka

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7

Jump to: