Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dove Valley - Official Front Office Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b_rent87

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copeland wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Not really sure where else to put this, but apparently the three guys who stood out today at OTAs were:

Brock Osweiler
Greg Orton
Chris Harris

I'm glad to see the first two stepping up, and there have been multiple tweets about how good Osweiler looked and how improved his footwork and hip drop have been from last year.

Orton, like I said, looks to have an inside track to the #4 spot, as the coaches reportedly really like him.

Do you think King or Caldwell make the team? Or either?
I guess I can see King remaining with the organization over Caldwell, mostly because he was a draft pick. In what capacity, I'm not sure.
I fully expect King to win the fourth job regardless of Orton once he learns the playbook

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b_rent87 wrote:
copeland wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
Not really sure where else to put this, but apparently the three guys who stood out today at OTAs were:

Brock Osweiler
Greg Orton
Chris Harris

I'm glad to see the first two stepping up, and there have been multiple tweets about how good Osweiler looked and how improved his footwork and hip drop have been from last year.

Orton, like I said, looks to have an inside track to the #4 spot, as the coaches reportedly really like him.

Do you think King or Caldwell make the team? Or either?
I guess I can see King remaining with the organization over Caldwell, mostly because he was a draft pick. In what capacity, I'm not sure.
I fully expect King to win the fourth job regardless of Orton once he learns the playbook

I could see Caldwell getting cut, but to say that Tavarres King is winning the job regardless of anyone else's performance is sorta ridiculous. If King earns it, he makes the team. He was a 5th round pick, not a 1st round pick. If he can't beat out some of these other guys, he's a PS guy.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AKRNA

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't sure where to post this, but here seems appropriate.
Lots of posters had brought up the fact that with Denvers resurgence it would attract FA's. I was skeptical, but with the Phillips and QJ signings thats proof enough for me.

Granted, both are past their prime, but still good ballplayers. Both specifically mention coming to Denver to get a ring.

That puts Denver in a great spot, having guys like those two coming in to be role players. What a luxury!

Anyway, good article about it.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23358386/quentin-jammer-sees-an-opportunity-title-broncos
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
Lots of posters had brought up the fact that with Denvers resurgence it would attract FA's. I was skeptical, but with the Phillips and QJ signings thats proof enough for me.

Granted, both are past their prime, but still good ballplayers. Both specifically mention coming to Denver to get a ring.

That puts Denver in a great spot, having guys like those two coming in to be role players. What a luxury!

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23358386/quentin-jammer-sees-an-opportunity-title-broncos

Having a player like Peyton Manning around excites veterans. But lets not act like Wes Welker came because of Manning, he came because Elway payed him the most. Money still talks in this business.

Still love to see a Ryan Clady deal worked out soon.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Having a player like Peyton Manning around excites veterans. But lets not act like Wes Welker came because of Manning, he came because Elway payed him the most. Money still talks in this business.

Which is why I didn't mention Welker, just QJ and Phillips.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I know I know. I was just making a point. That some quality veterans will usually follow championship teams but money still talks most.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

I know I know. I was just making a point. That some quality veterans will usually follow championship teams but money still talks most.

Valid point. I'm just real pleased that we can finally land some quality FA's for reasons other than money. Such a change from just a few years ago.
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

The Patriots reportedly gave Welker more money.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Russell2Bailey

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

The Patriots reportedly offered Welker more money.
[quote="Reggie Nelson#1"] Radio-"Peyton give the ball to Ball. Ball drops the ball & Ball scoops it up! He's going downfield, TOUCHDOWN! Ball pats him on the back for when he lost the ball."[/quote]
Donut

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell2Bailey wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

The Patriots reportedly offered Welker more money.

Patriots last offer was 2 years 10 million though it had some incentives and the other reports were they pulled offers after he went to talk to Denver.

Usually you can get over the hill guys that just want a ring on the cheap. Or some guys take discounts to hang around because of hassle to move and to stay with a winning team.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
copeland

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Valid point. I'm just real pleased that we can finally land some quality FA's for reasons other than money. Such a change from just a few years ago.

True.
And man, has it been a long time since the Broncos, before we went in the tank, weren't a desirable destination. We were spoiled for years in that respect. Glad to see that end of the spectrum back in the fray. For sure!
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broncos: Spytek Hired as Southwest Area Scout

Quote:
Spytek, who owns eight seasons of personnel experience in the NFL, spent five years with the Philadelphia Eagles (2005-09) before being hired by the Cleveland Browns to oversee their college scouting efforts from 2010-12.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/spytek-hired-as-southwest-area-scout/

---

I find it interesting that our FO has been in the news so much recently. For years and years now one didn't hear anything and now Elway is solidifying that department piece by piece. I have the same take on this signing as with Heckert, to wit, that they both were part of a mostly successful effort to restock the Browns with good drafts.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
by Joe_is_the_best
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember three years ago we were all talking about how fast the Broncos had fallen from the elite teams, and how FA's didn't want to com here. Oh how Elway and Co. have changed all of that.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Destination-Denver-for-NFL-Free-Agents/bd9ed1d4-3c9a-4fd6-9a7d-2a505614791d
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, Quanterus Smith participated in individual and team drills today at TC. That's 6.5 months removed from ACL surgery. And he said he felt good, and has time to continue healing for TC.

Guess he will, in fact, be able to contribute.

Thanks, Tzimisce
hibdib31

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Just so everyone knows, Quanterus Smith participated in individual and team drills today at TC. That's 6.5 months removed from ACL surgery. And he said he felt good, and has time to continue healing for TC.

Guess he will, in fact, be able to contribute.

Wow, that's amazing. Modern science man...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: