Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who is your NFC North rival?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is your top rival?
Vikings
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Packers
44%
 44%  [ 8 ]
Bears
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 18

DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate the Bears and everything about that city and everyone of their players
andjordand

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DetroitPride26"]I hate the Bears and everything about that city and everyone of their players[/quote]

Haha, I feel the same way. I actually kind of liked them before 2010, when they had Kyle Orton at QB. After the course of the first meeting of Stafford and Cutler, when Stafford was injured on a BS play that Peppers should've been suspended for (to me he landed directly on Stafford's shoulder with intent to cause injury -I had a WR on my HS team break his collarbone after a player on a rival team did the same thing). To top it all off, the process of the catch rule happened at the end. So while Detroit beat them later that season and the following season at home, they have yet to rectify that loss in Soldier Field (came so close this past season, but getting swept by Chicago, with their terrible O-line and our supposedly dangerous D-line made me even more bitter towards them). Chicago fans treat Ford Field like their home away from home, often outnumbering and hazing Lions fans on our own turf. It's time to turn the tables by taking a win at Soldier for once in 5 years. I couldn't care less about the 'streak' in Lambeau if we could sweep the Bears.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
After the course of the first meeting of Stafford and Cutler, when Stafford was injured on a BS play that Peppers should've been suspended for (to me he landed directly on Stafford's shoulder with intent to cause injury -I had a WR on my HS team break his collarbone after a player on a rival team did the same thing).

Meh. Happens all the time... I think you're trying to hurt the QB, but not injure him... If that makes sense. You want him scared, tired and in pain... but you're not trying to disrupt or end careers.

Then again I've never played organized football... and Gregg Williams exists... Entirely possible that I just want to believe that almost no players want to intentionally injure their opponents.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andjordand wrote:
DetroitPride26 wrote:
I hate the Bears and everything about that city and everyone of their players

Haha, I feel the same way. I actually kind of liked them before 2010, when they had Kyle Orton at QB. After the course of the first meeting of Stafford and Cutler, when Stafford was injured on a BS play that Peppers should've been suspended for (to me he landed directly on Stafford's shoulder with intent to cause injury -I had a WR on my HS team break his collarbone after a player on a rival team did the same thing). To top it all off, the process of the catch rule happened at the end. So while Detroit beat them later that season and the following season at home, they have yet to rectify that loss in Soldier Field (came so close this past season, but getting swept by Chicago, with their terrible O-line and our supposedly dangerous D-line made me even more bitter towards them). Chicago fans treat Ford Field like their home away from home, often outnumbering and hazing Lions fans on our own turf. It's time to turn the tables by taking a win at Soldier for once in 5 years. I couldn't care less about the 'streak' in Lambeau if we could sweep the Bears.

I understand the thought process but I'm not holding any grudges against Peppers. He plays hard and its his job to get after the QB.

I hate the Bears but I just hate the Packers a smidgen more.

Poor Minnesota. Way out in the prairie all alone with no one hating on them. Laughing

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: