Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

So how do you guys see your LB corps shaking out this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Djackson205


Joined: 06 Jan 2008
Posts: 245
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify something's...maiava and Burnett were splitting first team reps at SLB. Moore got the start at WLB, will battle Burris there. Roach is our MLB, he has been a quality starting player for a good Bears defense primarily at SLB, but he did perform well in replacing Urlacher. I'm sure the outside backers will switch sides depending on packages, but I'd assume that, at least from a competition stand point, they LBs will be going againts their respective counterpart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Silver&Black88


Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 33067
Location: Boston, MA
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djackson205 wrote:
Just to clarify something's...maiava and Burnett were splitting first team reps at SLB. Moore got the start at WLB, will battle Burris there. Roach is our MLB, he has been a quality starting player for a good Bears defense primarily at SLB, but he did perform well in replacing Urlacher. I'm sure the outside backers will switch sides depending on packages, but I'd assume that, at least from a competition stand point, they LBs will be going againts their respective counterpart



Interesting that Sio is the starting WLB imo. Didn't think he'd be ready for that yet. Especially with the tweets of him going against Khalif; those made me think SLB for his pass rushing skills. But I can't say I have a problem with whichever way our LBs are handled.
_________________

BigBillsFan13 wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Somewhere, RR strokes his mustache with pride
Among other things...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Raiders4sho!


Joined: 21 Jan 2009
Posts: 1769
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarthDavis wrote:
For me I see Maiava signed for depth and STs. He does well with those roles. I have a hard time envisioning him as a full on starter for the Raiders.

WLB Moore, Maiava

MLB Roach, Boyko or Stupar, but if Roach went down I could see Burris making the transition.

SLB- Burnett, Burris


Stupor has been in SF for a year or so,

I see Moore being used at SLB to highlight everything he can do, well use lots of over/unders to let him get to the LOS and rush the passer and SLB will allows to disguise coverages with him and safeties. Tarver loves versatility so I don't see Moore not starting. IMO it'll be

SLB- Moore
MLB-Roach
WLB-Burnett

Gives us some power and versatility and vet pressence.

In the rare instance we play 34 I see roach coming out
OLB:Moore
ILB:Burris
ILB: Kevin Burnett
OLB: Kaelin Burnett
_________________

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DarthDavis


Joined: 06 Mar 2006
Posts: 5213
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders4sho! wrote:

I see Moore being used at SLB to highlight everything he can do, well use lots of over/unders to let him get to the LOS and rush the passer and SLB will allows to disguise coverages with him and safeties. Tarver loves versatility so I don't see Moore not starting. IMO it'll be

SLB- Moore
MLB-Roach
WLB-Burnett


Pretty sure I remember Allen saying something about Moore at the will.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Joe Nobody


Joined: 12 Feb 2013
Posts: 465
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random observation about our LBs and their current jersey numbers.

Goethel and Maiava are both listed at #50.

Mario Kurn is wearing #49.

Jersey #52 is available.

Why the tomfoolery with our LB numbers? Why wasn't one of these guys given the 52 jersey?


#FootballTalkInJune
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tdon11


Joined: 24 Apr 2008
Posts: 79
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ask any Bears fan they'll rave about Roach. Roach outplayed Urlacher the last two seasons. He can play any LBer position, but for us he'll obviously be inthe middle. Very very solid player and pickup.

He is not nobody.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OakRaiders3828


Joined: 18 Aug 2007
Posts: 10088
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe Nobody wrote:
Random observation about our LBs and their current jersey numbers.

Goethel and Maiava are both listed at #50.

Mario Kurn is wearing #49.

Jersey #52 is available.

Why the tomfoolery with our LB numbers? Why wasn't one of these guys given the 52 jersey?


#FootballTalkInJune


Jerrell Harris, who was just recently cut had number 52
_________________
O A K L A N D R A I D E R S
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group