Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Herd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hdshot

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 1:59 pm    Post subject: Greg Herd Reply with quote

Ok I will start off by saying maybe not new thread worthy but the Hawks have signed Greg Herd who was cut by the cowboys UDFA. But he is a Tacoma native and played for EWU. Always cool to see locals getting a chance to play in the pros and even better for their home team.

Since I don't like his chances making the Hawks, why would the Hawks pick him up after the cowboys cut him this early? What do the Hawks see in him? I'm sure it's not to throw a local in just to sell tickets. Don't get me wrong I hope he makes an impact because he was good at EWU and would be cool to see him play for the Hawks since I got to see him play on the red turf a few times. Just hoping I am missing something and he makes the practice team and gets a spot a few years down the road. Is that even possible?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLJxe3-ol-E

http://www.khq.com/story/22450032/former-ewu-receiver-signs-with-seahawks
klyon7634

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If im correct I think Immuhguy coached this kid in High School.

I dont know much about him but for the sake of one of our fellows posters knowing him I want to see him do well and get a shot with us.

Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange

#JDI
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had one of those local tryouts with the Hawks before the draft so they got to see him already. He had a few offers for UDFA coming out and took a chance with Dallas.

You are correct with me coaching the kid...not at all going to say I did much with him ha he was solid from the get go, but this is fun for sure seeing him get a chance with the home team now.

Props to Kempes on the sig.
hdshot

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I predict the Hawks will find a way to keep him. He won't make the cut but will be around incase he needs to fill in for an injury.

Here I go again, will be watching every snap in the pre-season again when I can if he makes it that far.
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

immuhguy10 wrote:
He had one of those local tryouts with the Hawks before the draft so they got to see him already. He had a few offers for UDFA coming out and took a chance with Dallas.

You are correct with me coaching the kid...not at all going to say I did much with him ha he was solid from the get go, but this is fun for sure seeing him get a chance with the home team now.

who do you coach

WINTER IS COMING
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dools=hawks wrote:
immuhguy10 wrote:

who do you coach

Steilacoom H.S...we are literally a mile from Lakes.

Props to Kempes on the sig.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: