Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Kickoff/Punt Returner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:37 pm    Post subject: Kickoff/Punt Returner? Reply with quote

Guys, I play in a return yardage FF league.

Wondering who is projected (if it's possible to know at this point) to be the primary returner on kickoffs and punts for ya'all.

Was James functioning as the primary kickoff returner at the conclusion of last season? Just acquired him and if he holds the role it adds to his value considerably.

Thanks for the insights and expertise.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Kickoff/Punt Returner? Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Guys, I play in a return yardage FF league.

Wondering who is projected (if it's possible to know at this point) to be the primary returner on kickoffs and punts for ya'all.

Was James functioning as the primary kickoff returner at the conclusion of last season? Just acquired him and if he holds the role it adds to his value considerably.

Thanks for the insights and expertise.

Yes, James was our primary kickoff returner when he was active. He hasn't fielded a single punt, though, and no one knows who's gonna get the job this year, yet. Kyle Williams is just coming off an injury. Ted Ginn is gone. I think AJ Jenkins caught some punts in training camp last year, but I don't think he had much prior experience. James will probably get another shot at PR (he was tried out last year in training camp as well, I think), but we really don't know who will get the punts yet. If you find out, let us know.

RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking

1) RudyZ's Power Rankings Power Ranking
2) y2's pie Power Rankings (3.1416 rules!)
3) N4L's Poster Power Rankings
adamq

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to remember LMJ having trouble fielding punts in TC last year... I expect KDub to be the primary PR if healthy.. it not, who knows.. maybe perrish cox

-kiltman
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park, wondering if I should throw my levis into the fire
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:
I seem to remember LMJ having trouble fielding punts in TC last year... I expect KDub to be the primary PR if healthy.. it not, who knows.. maybe perrish cox

Yeah this is what I was thinking. its going to be lmj on kicks (with Kendall hunter as the backup) and then kyle as our punt returner. Not sure who else would return punts, from what I saw in preseason lmj struggles tracking the ball in the air on punts.

Lmj should be among league leaders in kick return yardage per attempt, not sure how much other teams are going to score on us tho Wink Mr. Green
48 1/2ers

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Lamike will be our return guy. Kdub, especially this year with crabs going down, is too valuable to our offense and too much of a risk of getting hurt.

Marlon Moore and Ricardo Lockette might earn the spot there too

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamq wrote:

I forgot about Perrish. He's definitely a candidate. And I think LaMike should be given another chance. It was pretty much his first time, last year, catching punts. With practice, he should get more comfortable. What we don't know is what he can do on punt returns after he catches the ball, since he didn't really get an opportunity to do it. Not every kick returner can return punts, it's not the same thing at all. He may effective on kicks but miserable on punts.

Personally, I'm fine with Kyle Williams returning punts. The question is where he'll be at with his recovery on week 1.

treat88

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the intelligent responses!

Happy I grabbed LMJ based on what I'm hearing.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
rudyZ

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
Thanks for all the intelligent responses!

Happy I grabbed LMJ based on what I'm hearing.

Yeah, on kick return, last year, he seemed like he would explode at any time. He had a huge 60 yarder against the Pats that, to me, contributed a lot to the final score. It effectively stalled the pats' comeback. So, I really feel he can be a game-changer.

Forge

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Patton has been back there returning punts too. During otas I remember one of the beat writers saying he looked good and shifty doing it

Two in harmony surpasses one in perfection - P3
big9erfan

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
I think Patton has been back there returning punts too. During otas I remember one of the beat writers saying he looked good and shifty doing it

Watch some of his highlight videos. He's got some really nice, subtle but effective, moves in the open field. I'm expecting to see some nice YAC from him if he can work his way into the rotation. Same skills might be useful as a returner.

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LMJ will get the majority of the KR. LMJ, Cox, KW, and Patton will battle it out for the PR. I think LMJ and one of Cox, Patton split PR. My Guess Patton could see some early time there in the season but doesnt last there because he takes on such a big role on offense.

gridiorngreat thnk you for the sig

Favorite Teams
Redsox, 49ers, Celtics, Uconn BB, Bruins, LSU FB
BangBang

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LaMike could be special as a returner if he learns to field the ball properly. He can make people miss as soon as he has the ball. Outstanding quickness, elusiveness, balance and surprising power. He lacks that extra gear to pull away, but he could be really good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: