Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Broncos sign former Chargers CB Quentin Jammer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncoinGermany

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand the signing. This guy...

... is still, after a

16 games played,
101 tackles,
3 sacks
and 4 forced fumbles

season, to be had and we sign a player who is seemingly set to play out of position.

Chasing Lombardi and Stanley!
WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
paul-mac

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His roster spot isn't safe. Remember Drayton Florence and Jarvis Green? Both big name signings that never played a down
broncosfan07

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
His roster spot isn't safe. Remember Drayton Florence and Jarvis Green? Both big name signings that never played a down
Florence wasn't signed to play Safety, Stokley, Brooking, and Leonard also made the team and played quite a lot.

One or both of the Carter's will be gone and possibly Duke Ihenacho.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty neutral about it. Jammer is still a decent player and I'm sure we didn't overpay, so it doesn't hurt to have a guy as camp fodder. If he can replace Leonhard's ability, cool.

Jammer has also played in this league a long time, I'm confident he could adapt to play safety if need be. He's not a young guy with low understanding of the game.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Winder23

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncoinGermany wrote:
I don't understand the signing. This guy...

... is still, after a

16 games played,
101 tackles,
3 sacks
and 4 forced fumbles

season, to be had and we sign a player who is seemingly set to play out of position.
Mikell surely wants to start and the Broncos aren't looking to replace anyone, just add a piece to their nickle and dime defenses. Mikell alsohas been rimored to be resigning with the Rams after June 1, when some more money is available to them.

Jammer is a bigger physical cover guy who can possibly do a better job on tight ends. Mike Adams struggled at times against the more athletic guys.
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad signing. His best years are behind him. Should be interesting to see how he ultimately gets used. Cover TE's maybe?

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Q is on the Broncos now. So pretty much Charger fans since like 4 years ago were asking for him to switch to safety since he clearly can't cover one on one anymore but can tackle really well, so they thought he should play safety. I think he will fit well in that role here, cover TE's, box safety, and provide some leadership as if there isn't enough already. Plus side, he can't hurt Willis again and maybe lay out Mathews this time around.

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good article. Seems like Sullivan played a part. Also, looks like you fella's that mentioned TE coverage nailed it.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_23348139/quentin-jammer-signs-broncos-leaves-chargers
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 'big Nickel' (three Safeties) is becoming more and more popular in the NFL. Last year, Mike Adams played as the hybrid Safety, who needs to play as a LB should the Offense's play dictate as much (normally plays in the box when the TE is inline).

I would expect Jammer will play the Leonhard role, which is normally a zone concept or in some circumstances, the RB out of the backfield.

MUFC OK
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's playing Safety I'm intrigued. I like Safeties who can run and have man coverage ability.

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
All of that said, this is a camp invite and nothing more. As I've been saying for months and Legwold reported in the Post today, the staff wants options defensively to adapt to any situation they see from opposing offenses. Given the variation we've seen in offensive approaches the last few seasons, I think Fox's/JDR's thought process here is brilliant. Jammer will be a welcome addition; just like Phillips was the fall-back option after Freeney, Jammer is the fall-back option after Woodson. Elway won't over-pay but he won't hamstring his coaches' creativity.

I like Tony Carter but it probably will be tough for him to make the team as it is presently put together. However I want to see something from Rodgers-Cromartie before having a strong opinion one way or the other.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: