Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

J-Will Still Not Recovered from Last Season's PCL Injury

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dkebones

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:26 pm    Post subject: J-Will Still Not Recovered from Last Season's PCL Injury Reply with quote

wonderful... anybody else not think this should be lingering for 5+ months?

http://www.giants101.com/2013/05/23/new-york-giants-jacquian-williams-still-recovering-from-pcl-injury/
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's with all the bad news lately?

Pcl injuries are no joke though, and some can be career ending injuries. Hopefully for his and our sake hill be close to 100% by August

Not a Knicks fan
Biggsam49

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just as fragile as Keith Rivers.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So basically we could realistically be looking at the opening first-team OTA set of Mark Herzalich, Kieth Rivers, and Spencer Paysinger as actual starters? Ugh. Get well JWill, your our best hope for a playmaker at LB. Looks like a lot of 2 LB packages in games.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fracdaddy14 wrote:
So basically we could realistically be looking at the opening first-team OTA set of Mark Herzalich, Kieth Rivers, and Spencer Paysinger as actual starters? Ugh. Get well JWill, your our best hope for a playmaker at LB. Looks like a lot of 2 LB packages in games.

I thought it would be Curry-Conner-Rivers anyways.
Gmen

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame. I loved how he played his rookie season. His game against the Eagles was huge. And against Green Bay, there a play where he matched up in the slot with Donald Driver. He could be a very good cover linebacker if only he could get healthy. I don't think he's an every down player though. The base defense would probably have been Rivers / Connor / Curry regardless of the William's health.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
mattbags2313

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YET WE DRAFTED NO LINEBACKERS UGHHH Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad I have high hopes for him and i understand were not big in LBs but rivers is guaranteed to get hurt and curry is in the same boat.
Gmen

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm intrigued by Curry. There are Raiders fans that thought he played well for them.

"Has courage and poise. In my opinion, most of all, he has that quality you can't define. Call it magic."

- Ernie Accorsi scouting report of Eli
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen wrote:
I may be setting myself up for disappointment, but I'm intrigued by Curry. There are Raiders fans that thought he played well for them.

I'm hesitant of Curry, Im sure with the right coaching he could play well.

But I'm still worried he was a wasted investment.

Not a Knicks fan
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking through my roster sheets. Yes, I have a excel spreadsheet of each team's 90-man rosters. Its my OCD. Anyway, looking at rosters and considering cheap contracts for good players who've either fallen out of favor with a team or out due to scheme change, the only viable LBs I could find were Koa Misi and Brandon Spikes. Both are definite trade options.

I know the GMEN don't trade, but its fun to speculate and JR did trade for Rivers. I would offer the Hoody or Ireland, Marvin Austin straight up. The Pats need DT bodies now, just drafted a couple LBs, don't care for Spikes due to lack of versatility, plus Belicheck loves reclamation projects.

There could be a couple of players from Green Bay or Indianapolis (Pat Angerer comes to mind) that could be squeezed out the roster and picked up for a 7th round pick as training camp is near an end.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
Gmen wrote:

i still don't get this. what did we "invest" in Curry? A vet minimum contract? He's counting $620k against the cap! Honestly... who cares? Who would you have rather saved a spot for that costs less against the cap than the cash they will earn?
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dkebones wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Gmen wrote:

i still don't get this. what did we "invest" in Curry? A vet minimum contract? He's counting $620k against the cap! Honestly... who cares? Who would you have rather saved a spot for that costs less against the cap than the cash they will earn?

Investment may have been the wrong word, I'm just worried he's going to do worse than the other F/A's we could have signed. We'll just have to see though.

Not a Knicks fan
dkebones

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
dkebones wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
Gmen wrote:

Investment may have been the wrong word, I'm just worried he's going to do worse than the other F/A's we could have signed. We'll just have to see though.

again, what does this mean? who are you referencing that we should have gone after? Dansby? we didn't/don't have room to pay a linebacker $2M+. I agree that would have been great. Hell, I would have loved to see Dansby, Curry and Rivers on the field together (and healthy...I know, I know. pipedreams Laughing ).

but seriously, if you're going to throw out statements like "i would have liked to have seen someone else signed," they need to be paired with some examples of who we would have had a legitimate business opportunity to pursue.
fracdaddy14

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing a player for the vet minimum is no real risk because those contracts are non-guaranteed. The Giants can sign a better LB closer to training camp when players get desperate and the price comes down. Rivers, Connor, and Curry are all on vet minimum deals and there is no loss cutting them. Using the highest 53 salaries, the low end comes around $555k so $620k isn't hurting the cap. If Curry plays well, great, if he doesn't, they can just cut him without penalty.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: