Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tom Nalen to be Inducted Into Ring of Fame

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:33 am    Post subject: Tom Nalen to be Inducted Into Ring of Fame Reply with quote

I was surprised we hadn't started a thread on this topic yet.

Nalen is one of my favorite Broncos of all time. The casual fan doesn't recognize it as much as we all do, but our OL in the late 1990s was probably more critical to our success as any of the household name players. And, in a ZBS, the C plays a more important role than he does in the other schemes.

If you guys haven't had a chance to see it, Nalen's press conference upon being announced as a RoF inductee is on the team website. He is astonishingly candid, and I'd recommend everyone watch it.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Nalen-Opens-Up-About-ROF-Honor/32da90ca-b155-4c85-95d8-9ee5a453da22

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
bobdevine

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good for Nalen. To go from a 7th round pick to 3 Pro Bowls, and now to the team's Ring of Fame is quite a career.

His ceremony will during the home game against the Eagles in September.

Official website:
http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/tradition/ring-of-fame.html

Who will be the next RoF'er? Jason Elam? Al Wilson? Ed McCaffrey? A current player like Champ Bailey?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Good for Nalen. To go from a 7th round pick to 3 Pro Bowls, and now to the team's Ring of Fame is quite a career.

Official website:

Who will be the next RoF'er? Jason Elam? Al Wilson? Ed McCaffrey? A current player like Champ Bailey?

I think everyone from the Super Bowl teams who is going to go on the RoF is already there, Nalen being the last one. McCaffrey was a fan favorite and all but he really only had 4 good seasons here, I'm not sure that merits RoF induction.

I think Al Wilson has a chance but the next lock has to be Champ.

Here's a question, if Peyton plays here for two more years and we win a Super Bowl during that time, does he go on the RoF?

paul-mac

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Official website:

I think everyone from the Super Bowl teams who is going to go on the RoF is already there, Nalen being the last one. McCaffrey was a fan favorite and all but he really only had 4 good seasons here, I'm not sure that merits RoF induction.

Here's a question, if Peyton plays here for two more years and we win a Super Bowl during that time, does he go on the RoF?

Yes, yes he does.
Winder23

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Tom Nalen to be Inducted Into Ring of Fame Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Nalen is one of my favorite Broncos of all time. The casual fan doesn't recognize it as much as we all do, but our OL in the late 1990s was probably more critical to our success as any of the household name players. And, in a ZBS, the C plays a more important role than he does in the other schemes.

If you guys haven't had a chance to see it, Nalen's press conference upon being announced as a RoF inductee is on the team website. He is astonishingly candid, and I'd recommend everyone watch it.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Nalen-Opens-Up-About-ROF-Honor/32da90ca-b155-4c85-95d8-9ee5a453da22
Well desreved honor for a player that I consider to be HOF worthy.

He is always very candid and quite articulate. I enjoy him on his radio show with Less Shapiro. Shapiro can be hard to take at times, but Nalen is real good at talking football to the listeners.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:15 am    Post subject: Re: Tom Nalen to be Inducted Into Ring of Fame Reply with quote

Winder23 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Well desreved honor for a player that I consider to be HOF worthy.

He is always very candid and quite articulate. I enjoy him on his radio show with Less Shapiro. Shapiro can be hard to take at times, but Nalen is real good at talking football to the listeners.

I also see Nalen as HOF worthy, he will never get the honor given the "dirty" tag with which the East Coast media (through the encouragement of their favored teams) slapped him during his tenure. Nalen in the HOF is something that UK and I, among others, discussed here regularly after his retirement.

Les Shapiro is a pompous twit. Can you imagine if he and Terry Frei hosted a show together? Shocked

PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

Official website:

Yes, yes he does.

Really? I think most fans will always see him as a Colt, and I wouldn't be surprised if he did too. I guess I don't really get what warrents you to be worthy of the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame though...
Reaver

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Peyton wins 2 Superbowls with Denver, does he retire as a Bronco?
paul-mac

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reaver wrote:
Nope he'll go to the hall as a Colt, but certainly would be a ring of famer in Denver.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

paul-mac wrote:
Reaver wrote:
Nope he'll go to the hall as a Colt, but certainly would be a ring of famer in Denver.

Why do people continue to think that players go into the Hall of Fame as a representative of a certain team? That's not how the Pro Football Hall of Fame works; each and every team for whom a player played is listed on his plaque in Canton.

In baseball, a player goes into the HOF wearing a specific team's cap, in football a player goes in ONLY as a player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: