Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who was better
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Better 3-4 DE
Tyson Jackson
92%
 92%  [ 23 ]
Glenn Dorsey
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

samsel23

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
so what is the general mindset of Chiefs fans moving forward regarding Tyson Jackson, without taking into account his draft position?

Is he on an upward trend, getting better? I know learning a 2-gap/read-react system can be pretty tough (as our own DEs have learned) but is Jackson starting to show the ability that made him an early pick?

I don't know that he'll ever live up to his draft position, but he has started holding the point of attack very well. Towards the end of last year he was actually holding his ground and making plays on the ball.

I don't necessarily expect him to ranked in the Top 5 3/4 DL regularly, but he is capable of pushing his gap in our 1 game scheme.

He's a good starter that won't hold a team back, just not exactly what you expect out of a Top 5 pick.

I'm excited to see what his future brings, hopefully in a Chiefs Uni.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samsel23 wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
so what is the general mindset of Chiefs fans moving forward regarding Tyson Jackson, without taking into account his draft position?

Is he on an upward trend, getting better? I know learning a 2-gap/read-react system can be pretty tough (as our own DEs have learned) but is Jackson starting to show the ability that made him an early pick?

I don't know that he'll ever live up to his draft position, but he has started holding the point of attack very well. Towards the end of last year he was actually holding his ground and making plays on the ball.

I don't necessarily expect him to ranked in the Top 5 3/4 DL regularly, but he is capable of pushing his gap in our 1 game scheme.

He's a good starter that won't hold a team back, just not exactly what you expect out of a Top 5 pick.

I'm excited to see what his future brings, hopefully in a Chiefs Uni.

Agreed 100% if he can at least get 4 sacks a year with Poe playing next to him the line should be a lot better. Once Poe really started to play and just abuse people TJ started playing well, whether that was because Poe commands so much attention or because TJ Upped his game to match Poes play. Excited for this year.

2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #50 Justin Houston, OLB
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0
Jakuvious

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:

Remains solid but unspectacular so far. Always done well against the run. Showed a little pass rush late last year, but still not a whole lot. I'm intrigued to see him in a new system, but I wouldn't say I'm optimistic.

Adopt-a-Chief: Travis Kelce
Pre-Season: 5 receptions, 132 yards, 2 TDs
marnz

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we knew tyson Jackson was athletic as he'll but also raw the De position is one of the hardest to adjust to and at the end of last year he was great and is still looking that way in ota I do believe he has turned the corner

I think next year he will be in conversations as a top 5 top 10 34 de
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumless wrote:
Don't post Bleacher Report.
Don't link Bleacher Report.
Don't respond to Bleacher Report.
Don't read Bleacher Report.

So what's your point? Wink
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marnz wrote:
Well we knew tyson Jackson was athletic as he'll but also raw the De position is one of the hardest to adjust to and at the end of last year he was great and is still looking that way in ota I do believe he has turned the corner

I think next year he will be in conversations as a top 5 top 10 34 de

Tyson Jackson was mediocre at the end of last year after being sub-par for the rest of it.

We've probably seen the best he has to offer and it just isn't good enough. He is a player who eventually must be replaced.

I'd like to see more of Allen Bailey.
Mongo

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The true measure of 34 DL's worth is how they stop the run. The Chiefs, as a team were 23rd in yards per carry (4.5) last year.

Ty Jackson was not on the verge of an epiphany last year. And Dontari Poe was not a monster. Both graded out poorly over all by PFF standards, getting worse per game grades late in the season. They failed my eyeball test as well.

Poe still has potential to be dominating. He's not there yet, not close. Ty Jack is on his last chance. I expect the Chiefs to move on next off season.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mongo wrote:
The true measure of 34 DL's worth is how they stop the run. The Chiefs, as a team were 23rd in yards per carry (4.5) last year.

Ty Jackson was not on the verge of an epiphany last year. And Dontari Poe was not a monster. Both graded out poorly over all by PFF standards, getting worse per game grades late in the season. They failed my eyeball test as well.

Poe still has potential to be dominating. He's not there yet, not close. Ty Jack is on his last chance. I expect the Chiefs to move on next off season.

I don't think ths analysis is fair at all. When you play consistently from behind and have an inept offensive threat backing you up - the other team gets to do whatever they like. ALL their tendencies go out the window and the whole playbook opens up for them.

When I view last years defense and taking the above into account - I think they were not nearly as bad as the numbers suggest. Not even close. I think at one point last year there was a stat that we had been down by at least 18 at some point in every single game.. and this was around week 10ish or so. You cannot play defense in those situations with any substantial success. The league is already geared heavily toward offense as is.. so adding a defense that because of game situations cannot at all dictate to the offense.. yeah it's gonna look bad.

You know this though.. why are you riding along the surface with these stats. You watched this team last year.. you saw all this. Cmon.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Tackles:0/TFL:0/Sacks:0/FF:0/FR:0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: