Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Predict the 53
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Th@Bird$

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Predict the 53 Reply with quote

Th@Bird$ wrote:
I know it's a bit premature and some people may hate me for this, but what can I say I'm bored. To me, it's a fun idea to predict the final 53 at this point in the offseason to preseason when we have a better idea of what the team looks like on the field and compare/contrast how the team evolved. I think our 53 is one of the more unpredictable rosters, especially when it comes to the competition at the bottom third of our team, which makes it that much more fun and debatable. Here's my prediction:

QB- Vick, Foles, Barkley (3)
RB-McCoy, Brown, Jones (3)
TE- Celek, Casey, Ertz (3)
WR- D-Jack, Maclin, Benn, Cooper, Johnson, Momah (6)
OL- Peters, Mathis, Kelce, Herremans, Johnson, Kelly, Watkins, Quinn, Menkin (9)
Offense- (24) While the starting QB job may be the biggest question mark, it's much easier deciding who stays and who goes. RB-OL is up in the air at this point. I could see someone like Carrier making it as a TE/WR over a #6 WR like Johnson/Momah, or over a fourth RB like Polk/Jones due to versatility. Only time will tell

DL- Cox, Soap, Thornton, Curry, Kruger, Logan, Geathers (7)
LB- Barwin, Graham, Cole, Ryans, Kendricks, Matthews, Knott, Chaney, Phillips (9)
DB- Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, Poyer, Marsh, Phillips, Chung, Allen, Anderson, Wolff (10)
Defense- (26) It's even harder picking out the defense than I initially thought, but I'm guessing the numbers I chose to keep at each position is on point.the players, that's another story. DL depth is a huge unknown, and outside of our top 3 pass rushing OLB's there's not much depth. The depth in the secondary is more comforting then our starting unit. Honestly don't know what to expect from this unit. We should be set if Harbor and Avan's transition go smoothly though lol.

ST- Henery the K, Jones at P, LS Dorenboss (3)

I can see myself altering this lineup within days but it's simply a fun exercise. Whats everyone else's opinion?

In just over a week's span, I would switch a few players in already. For one, I think we end up carrying 8 OL due to the versatility of Herramans. I would probably subtract Menkin from the equation. Leaving Johnson, Kelly, and Peters at T, Herramans, Mathis, And Watkins at G, and Kelce & Quinn at C. Border pick who could make the final 8 is Reynolds over Quinn due to his experience at both G and C but for the sake of the update, he doesn't make it.

This leads me to the decision of adding another TE or front 7 player. After hearing some reports, I'm adding Square to the DL as he's been impressing thus far.

Another decision I've been contemplating is if we keep 2 or 3 qb's. I can see us rolling with Foles and Barkley, or the aformentioned & Vick. The only defense I can seem to find in keeping only 2 qb's is to maximize the potential of our team and add an extra roster spot for someone who can contribute more than a 3rd QB. But with chip being a rookie hc and Vick being the oldest player/locker room leader, I think we keep 3 and also add get more out of the offense having a mobile vick
oland11

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(In no order, just listed)

QB: Vick, Foles, Barkley
RB: McCoy, Brown, Polk
TE: Celek, Casey, Ertz, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Benn, Johnson, Momah, Shepard
OT: Peters, Johnson, Kelly, Wang
OG: Herremans, Watkins, Mathis, Menkin
C: Kelce, Quinn

DL: Curry, Kruger, Cox, Thornton, Sopoaga, Logan, Geathers, Brown
LB: Cole, Hunt, Graham, Barwin, Ryans, Kendricks, Phillips, Matthews
CB: Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, Poyer, Marsh
S: Wolf, Allen, Phillips, Anderson

K: Henery
P: Jones or Wing
LS: The Magician

Give or take anyone else they sign.
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oland11 wrote:
(In no order, just listed)

QB: Vick, Foles, Barkley
RB: McCoy, Brown, Polk
TE: Celek, Casey, Ertz, Harbor
WR: Jackson, Maclin, Benn, Johnson, Momah, Shepard
OT: Peters, Johnson, Kelly, Wang
OG: Herremans, Watkins, Mathis, Menkin
C: Kelce, Quinn

DL: Curry, Kruger, Cox, Thornton, Sopoaga, Logan, Geathers, Brown
LB: Cole, Hunt, Graham, Barwin, Ryans, Kendricks, Phillips, Matthews
CB: Williams, Fletcher, Boykin, Poyer, Marsh
S: Wolf, Allen, Phillips, Anderson

K: Henery
P: Jones or Wing
LS: The Magician

Give or take anyone else they sign.

Chung? Cooper? 10 OL? 8 DL?

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: