Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who's Better ? (Discussion)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who is the better Corner
Dimitri Patterson
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Richard Marshall
100%
 100%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 13

dolphinologist

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:04 pm    Post subject: Who's Better ? (Discussion) Reply with quote

Richard Marshall or Dimitri Patterson

I think the other should be traded.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
JCool333

Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would we trade either as if they have real value when they don't? Patterson's deal needs to be restructured, but we're best off just letting the CBs all duke it out until the preseason and then see where we're at. Grimes and Marshall have injury issues, and then we're stuck with only Patterson and the rookies. We need the help at CB.
Tetsuya_Ryuji

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is any trade value, as mentioned above. At least not right now.. Maybe after rookies are tested or injuries occur.. But I don't think we'll get anything for either of them anyway. Let them battle it out then cut whoever needs to be cut.
Warpticon

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would you think they have trade value? What would you expect to get for either of two cornerbacks who barely played last year? They have way more value to us than they do anywhere else, and the cap savings if either is cut is probably greater value than you'd get in a trade anyway.
Maddogg

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to say everything points in Marshalls favor. I don't think Patterson makes the team. Best case scenario is cornerbacks on other teams dropping like flies in training camp and we get a pick, any pick for that matter in exchange.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather have the depth. We aren't in Cap trouble. But if healthy, then Marshall is definitely the better of the two. People forget that before he started having back problems he was the best CB on our team and that included Smith. He was having a great preseason. The team was so confident in him that they traded away Davis. He had a great first few games, then got hurt, had a few terrible games and finally decided to shut it down. All some people remember is how bad he was those last few games.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd much rather have the depth. We aren't in Cap trouble. But if healthy, then Marshall is definitely the better of the two. People forget that before he started having back problems he was the best CB on our team and that included Smith. He was having a great preseason. The team was so confident in him that they traded away Davis. He had a great first few games, then got hurt, had a few terrible games and finally decided to shut it down. All some people remember is how bad he was those last few games.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Money was the motivation behind this thread.

Fellow Posters: I beg that you not misunderstand my level of arrogance. My handle is an implication of Dolphin study not necessarily Dolphin expertise.
Russ57

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me see. One guy was undrafted and one was a second round pick. One guy has played pretty much from day one and eventually became a starter for the team that drafted him. The other has been cut by numerous teams. One has 157 tackles, 5 interceptions, and one sack. The other has 518 tackles, 18 interceptions, 7 sacks, and 3 forced fumbles (and has played one less year).

Does not sound close enough to be open for debate to me.
fishfan4life

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard Marshall is but we are estimated to be somewhere around 9-10 mil under the cap so to be honest no real reason to get rid of either one if they both prove to have a productive camp. We all saw what happened last year depth wise. Now if one gets outperformed or Marshall back starts acting up in camp then sure.
dolphan9954

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO money is irrelevant. As was said, we have plenty of money.

Grimes
Marshall
Patterson
Carroll
Taylor
Davis

All will probably make the team, with Jones on the PS.

Make the rookies earn PT, and then if one of them beats out Marshall/Patterson then you either have 2 quality vets for depth or you cut one after TC.

Football coaches motto: "You're always an ankle away."

Phinisher on the Avatar
MDolphins2399 on the sig

Go Canes
Blagasse67

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly Patterson is better. I think we can replace Marshall on the outside with Grimes and Taylor. Patterson is better at nickel than Marshall is on the outside.

UniversalAuthor
freak_of_nature

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that Patterson is making 4.6M this season and 5.4M next season with none of it guaranteed.
kethnaab

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so any word how Jamar Taylor is looking so far? I know it's early, but I liked him coming out of BSU, just wondering how he's doing so far. Any chance that he takes over on the outside? Perhaps get some snaps as the nickel?
bpastermack

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kethnaab wrote:
so any word how Jamar Taylor is looking so far? I know it's early, but I liked him coming out of BSU, just wondering how he's doing so far. Any chance that he takes over on the outside? Perhaps get some snaps as the nickel?

He just had Hernia surgery, so we won't see him playing until the preseason

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: