Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Giants WR Ramses Barden re-signs with Giants

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acgott

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Former Giants WR Ramses Barden re-signs with Giants Reply with quote

Quote:
Barden, the Giantsí third-round pick in 2009, is heading back to the New York area and will take a physical with team doctors on Thursday, the Daily News has learned. And if all goes well for the unrestricted free agent, according to an NFL source, he could sign a one-year deal to return before the end of the day.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2013/05/giants-may-reunite-with-ramses-barden

The article says that this has nothing to do with Cruz or Nicks. If signs it would probably be the usual 1 yr minimum. He compete to be the 4th WR again in camp with Jernigan and Louis Murphy

Last edited by Acgott on Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gmen4ev

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if Cruz holds out he'll be a nice 3/4 untill Cruz signs (hopefully)

Bolieve in Masai
HakeemTheDream

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been a fan of Barden and still think that if given the proper opportunity, he could be an asset in the NFL. Him coming to the Giants isn't going to help his career, but I like the move from a team perspective. Eli needs bodies to throw to and Barden knows the system and could potential win a roster spot during final cuts.
Acgott

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ramses II is official. Barden has officially signed back with the Giants, according to a source. #NYG

https://twitter.com/RVacchianoNYDN/status/337601506163429377
w4rrior723

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hah! funny seeing him back after he basically said he did not want to be a Giants anymore. Not a lot of offers out there, eh Ramses?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

w4rrior723 wrote:
hah! funny seeing him back after he basically said he did not want to be a Giants anymore. Not a lot of offers out there, eh Ramses?

I'm actually surprised he didn't get any offers ... I'd be firing my agent if I were him. He's shown he can be a quality 3 even a 2 on some teams.

Bolieve in Masai
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gmen4ev wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

I'm actually surprised he didn't get any offers ... I'd be firing my agent if I were him. He's shown he can be a quality 3 even a 2 on some teams.

How has he shown that? He has less catches in his career than most 3's have in a season.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

How has he shown that? He has less catches in his career than most 3's have in a season.

Still...a team like Miami probably should've tested the waters at least.

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GMENNATION wrote:
Gmen4ev wrote:
w4rrior723 wrote:

i agree, kind of a ridiculous statement about a guy that normally doesn't even dress but for injuries. but i bet you Barden is really kicking himself for being one day late after Crabtree went down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: