Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Which rivals AFC West draft pick do you...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elliot878

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dbronx42 wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:
We lucked out when we had our awful year and got a top pick. That year, we couldn't have gone wrong with Von, Peterson, Dareus or Green. Same goes for last year with Luck, RGIII and Kalil at the top of the first round.

This year, however, there was no elite talent at the top of the draft like Elliot said; there wasn't a game-breaking WR, a elite edge rusher or a franchise QB. There were some good players and even Eric Fisher ends up the next Joe Thomas (and, for the record, I think he ends up a "very good" OT but not an "elite" OT) but there isn't really anyone I fear.

Dareus is nothing special at all... The Broncos could've gone the wrong way and selected him (who was the consenseous favorite among Denver fans.) So yeah, we could have messed up big time.

Dareus was pretty good his rookie year. Interior DL is a tougher transition than being an edge rusher. Not saying I'd trade off, because I do think Von is better, but Dareus is gonna be pretty good. This year should be the most telling.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Manti Te'o will be a superstar. The same way that Troy Polamalu is a superstar. The way that Patrick Willis is a superstar. The way that Brian Cushing is a superstar.

Just because youre not a once in a generation player doesnt mean youre not a superstar.

Mentioning Manti Te'o in the same breath as any of them is an insult. Manti Te'o is the same player as guys like Rey Mauluaga, Curtis Lofton et al.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
Manti Te'o will be a superstar. The same way that Troy Polamalu is a superstar. The way that Patrick Willis is a superstar. The way that Brian Cushing is a superstar.

Just because youre not a once in a generation player doesnt mean youre not a superstar.

Mentioning Manti Te'o in the same breath as any of them is an insult. Manti Te'o is the same player as guys like Rey Mauluaga, Curtis Lofton et al.

Players that play in a 4-3 but would probably fit better in a 3-4??? like Te'o currently is and was at Notre Dame...
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

Players that play in a 4-3 but would probably fit better in a 3-4??? like Te'o currently is and was at Notre Dame...

No, like slow footed guys who rack up tackles but are otherwise liabilties.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
Reggie Nelson#1 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:

No, like slow footed guys who rack up tackles but are otherwise liabilties.

Oh ok, I get your point.
I agree with you that it sounds crazy to call him a future star like Patrick Willis.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
FabrizioHC

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't fear anyone.

However, there's a couple players I would've loved to see in orange and blue.

Sio Moore and DJ Hayden from Oakland. Keenan Allen from San Diego. Catapano and Kelce from KC.

I'm really excited for them though. I really would love to have a bit more competition within the division. I'd love the AFC West to be like the NFC North, where 3 teams won at least 10 games. It'd be quite exciting and stressing at the same time.
PackAtBroncos07

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone else real worried about the Chiefs this year? I think they'll make the playoffs. Alex Smith has been to a C.C. before and they have ridiculous players on that team. The only thing I could see going wrong for them is just the learning curve they'll go through during the season, they're all pretty young.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:
Anyone else real worried about the Chiefs this year? I think they'll make the playoffs. Alex Smith has been to a C.C. before and they have ridiculous players on that team. The only thing I could see going wrong for them is just the learning curve they'll go through during the season, they're all pretty young.

If we assume the division winners are Denver, Houston, New England and one of Pittsburgh, Baltimore and Cincinnati, then fighting for a WC spot in the AFC means having to have a better season than the AFCN runners-up, Miami and Indianapolis, that's not an easy task.

The Chiefs have some nice talent but I'm not and never have been a believer in Alex Smith. They'll definitely be much improved thanks to having competent coaching and a more stable organization, but their overall talent stock does get over-rated by the media.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

No. The Chiefs are the most overrated team in football, and it's getting ridiculous to me.

Jamaal Charles is a good weapon and so is Dwayne Bowe to an extent. The rest of the offense is underwhelming and they have an average QB. The defense has pieces, but again, many of them are, IMO overrated, and they lost a very good defensive coach and replaced him with someone iffy. I think they win 5 games.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Donut

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackAtBroncos07 wrote:

Alex Smith and Matt Cassel imo are pretty similar QBs. IMO they both need good playcallers(Cassel was pretty solid w/ McDaniels and Weis). Smith and Cassel w/o a good playcaller was awful.
2011: Matt Slater
2012: Ras I Dowling
2013: Chandler Jones
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donut wrote:
Alex Smith and Matt Cassel imo are pretty similar QBs. IMO they both need good playcallers(Cassel was pretty solid w/ McDaniels and Weis). Smith and Cassel w/o a good playcaller was awful.

More like good offenses built around them. Josh McDaniels is not necessarily a good playcaller. Look how Sam Bradford did with him.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
Donut wrote:

More like good offenses built around them. Josh McDaniels is not necessarily a good playcaller. Look how Sam Bradford did with him.

Yeah Mac has been an unmitigated failure everywhere he has been except in New England with Tom Brady, Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Rob Gronkowski, Aaron Hernandez, Steven Rideley, etc, etc. And Mac's success as an OC/play-caller actually leave something to be desired when looked at more closely.

Despite having a more talented offense and an elite, rather than just "very good" Tom Brady, the Pats have not won a Super Bowl since Mac took over as OC when Weis left following the 2004 season. With Mac calling plays the Pats are 8-5 in the playoffs and 0-2 in Super Bowls. With Weis, they 10-0 with a 3-0 mark in Super Bowls. So even New England homers should stop calling Mac a "great OC" or "great play-caller" when the results clearly indicate otherwise.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: