Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 questions about Von Miller
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll play.

1. He has absolutely not reached his peak. He's got best pass-rusher of all-time potential. He's not there yet.

2. I'd pay him more than any defensive player has ever gotten, and then some.

3. He's not near the top for favorite ever...but he's getting there. Elway, TD, Sharpe, McCaffrey, Champ...but especially Rod Smith. Gonna be hard to unseat Rod, but he could do it.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's a very good player who I'm sick of seeing Aldon Smith compared to. I once read in a thread that you couldn't go wrong picking any of JJ Watt, Von Miller, or Aldon Smith. If you're smart, you know one of those two isn't like the others, and should not be picked. More specifically, if I had to pick a guy named Smith on the 49ers it would be Justin. This has nothing to do with the thread but I want to encourage Broncos fans to be more "homerish" next time they see the comparison because their homer instincts would be right in this case.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:
He's a very good player who I'm sick of seeing Aldon Smith compared to. I once read in a thread that you couldn't go wrong picking any of JJ Watt, Von Miller, or Aldon Smith. If you're smart, you know one of those two isn't like the others, and should not be picked. More specifically, if I had to pick a guy named Smith on the 49ers it would be Justin. This has nothing to do with the thread but I want to encourage Broncos fans to be more "homerish" next time they see the comparison because their homer instincts would be right in this case.

I've tried. The Niners continent simply swarms in with "but, but he gets sacks and he's disruptive." Smith is a good closer, I suppose, but he gets his sacks because of Justin Smith. When Justin got hurt, did Aldon have ANY sacks? I don't think so. There's no shame in admitting you need one guy for the other to be successful. The thing is, that doesn't apply to Von or JJ.

Thanks, Tzimisce
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
I've tried. The Niners continent simply swarms in with "but, but he gets sacks and he's disruptive." Smith is a good closer, I suppose, but he gets his sacks because of Justin Smith. When Justin got hurt, did Aldon have ANY sacks? I don't think so. There's no shame in admitting you need one guy for the other to be successful. The thing is, that doesn't apply to Von or JJ.

He's an above average pass rusher but nothing more than that. As a run defender he's effective, but nothing more. Realistically if he had to take on double teams more often or just flat out win matchups he wouldn't be that great. He doesn't deserve the credit he gets to be put up with guys Von Miller or Terrell Suggs or whoever. He's so effective with the 49ers because he's a glorified stunt man.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: