Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rahim Moore: "Secret Superstar"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CanadianBronco

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Rahim Moore: "Secret Superstar" Reply with quote

Here is a link to an article discussing Rahim Moore: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/21/secret-superstar-rahim-moore/

This is an in article link discussing DB tackling efficiency: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/01/signature-stat-snapshot-tackling-efficiency-dbs/

What do you guys think? Does analysis from this perspective add more credence to the draft-day decision making?
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff! EH

His bad play against the Ravens never affected the way I see him as a player. Still confident about him being the Broncos starting FS. I hope he'll be there for a long time and continue to progress like he did from year 1 to year 2.
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
b_rent87

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting always thought he whiffed when I watched him guess its just when he did whiff it was big obviously because he is a safety. Would like to see the ballhawk from UCLA however

Props to Jamison on the sig
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I'm glad someone recognized it. As I've been saying, Moore was one of the best players on our defense last year. Very few big plays (aside from the obvious one) and all that while still growing as a player. He's going to have a good season

Thanks, Tzimisce
elliot878

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a good year that was overshadowed by an awful mistake that I can almost guarantee he'll never make again. Some of the crap in the media after that play was so ridiculous. He used it as fuel, as most athletes would.

Theres only one conclusion you can safely draw from that debacle of a play. That is that he'll likely never make a pro bowl, even if he deserves it. Casual fan voters will think he's garbage based off that one play.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good read here. Ya gotta love Rahim's attitude.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Moore-Putting-Blood-Sweat-and-Tears-into-Improvement/3532b3f0-c056-44e3-bb75-d73d83ae70e2
mke1010

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
He had a good year that was overshadowed by an awful mistake that I can almost guarantee he'll never make again. Some of the crap in the media after that play was so ridiculous. He used it as fuel, as most athletes would.

Theres only one conclusion you can safely draw from that debacle of a play. That is that he'll likely never make a pro bowl, even if he deserves it. Casual fan voters will think he's garbage based off that one play.

Couldn't disagree more with you. In fact, I think the infamous play could help him. If Moore plays at pro bowl caliber level ESPN and other networks will continually highlight "how well he is playing." The casual fan will hear more about his play than other safeties. So, I think it all depends on how he bounces back this coming season and beyond.

Personally, after his first season I thought he was a bust. Now I think we got a damn good safety who will play at a high level for a long time. He is no Ed Reed but how many are?
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think all of us recognized that Moore had a good season last year and are not letting one bad play mar an otherwise fine season. Glad to see these articles from PFF.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
rhuston

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Moore played ok last season. I would not say he was one of the best players on the defense. He had one pick the entire season if I remember correctly and the only game I saw (and I saw every one except the K.C. game at the end of the season) where he stood out was the S.D game.

I agree he was way better in year two, but lets be real, he was horrible to begin with and could only go up in year two.

I hope he turns into the ball-hawk that we thought he was when he was picked and improves his tackling around the line of scrimmage.

I thought Q was progressing well before the injury but see him as more of SS type player. I hope he is given a shot to compete against both safties for a shot to be on the field.
broncos67

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhuston wrote:
I thought Moore played ok last season. I would not say he was one of the best players on the defense. He had one pick the entire season if I remember correctly and the only game I saw (and I saw every one except the K.C. game at the end of the season) where he stood out was the S.D game.

I agree he was way better in year two, but lets be real, he was horrible to begin with and could only go up in year two.

I hope he turns into the ball-hawk that we thought he was when he was picked and improves his tackling around the line of scrimmage.

I thought Q was progressing well before the injury but see him as more of SS type player. I hope he is given a shot to compete against both safties for a shot to be on the field.

Just because only had one interception doesn't mean he wasn't playing at a high level. Champ didn't have many INTs, was he also not playing at a high level? Moore was much improved in coverage, and a much better tackler. I know we have a lot of names on this defense who played well, but Moore's improvement was a big reason our defense was also improved.

Thanks, Tzimisce
JerseysFinest27

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
rhuston wrote:

Just because only had one interception doesn't mean he wasn't playing at a high level. Champ didn't have many INTs, was he also not playing at a high level? Moore was much improved in coverage, and a much better tackler. I know we have a lot of names on this defense who played well, but Moore's improvement was a big reason our defense was also improved.

I will say that he needs to tighten his coverage skills a little. There were times that hes in position to make a play on the ball and he doesnt. As the deep safety, he really has to make some of those plays.

Although it doesnt change my opinion of him, I think hes a very good safety in this league, he can drastically improve his stock by coming up with a couple more turnovers.

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
rhuston wrote:

I will say that he needs to tighten his coverage skills a little. There were times that hes in position to make a play on the ball and he doesnt. As the deep safety, he really has to make some of those plays.

Although it doesnt change my opinion of him, I think hes a very good safety in this league, he can drastically improve his stock by coming up with a couple more turnovers.

I do agree there. I think that's the part of his game we can expect to improve this season.

Thanks, Tzimisce
b_rent87

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should post this in the NFL general forum so I can bash the haters

Props to Jamison on the sig
AntiSuperstar

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think using terms like "superstar" is hyperbolic, we only have one superstar on defense, but Rahim Moore did have a good season last year. Obviously taking these types of stats literally, would be stupid. Rahim Moore isn't asked to play in the box and be a force against the run much so I hope no one takes the statement that he has become one of the best tackling Safeties literally.

It's funny that Winfield ranked so highly there again, and how they talked about what a beast he was when he was put in the slot. This remark a makes me wish we were able to add him to the team instead of Cromartie. One thinks of how often New England for example has been able to run the ball against out sub-packages, Winfield would have been an asset in those situations. Most people don't take run defense among corners very seriously, but I do, and I think most great defenses do.

rhuston wrote:
I would not say he was one of the best players on the defense.

Then you would be overrating most of the players on the Broncos defense.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: